Unemployment under 5%. Lowest in 8 years. Thanks obama !

All those new minimum wage part time jobs are wonderful!

What's wrong with minimum wage? I thought the republican stance was that those people should be happy to have those jobs. Now they're to be mocked? Which is it?

This thread has turned into a left fest for schmoozing Obungles and bashing Booooooooosh

And you proving that you truly know nothing about pretty much every topic you decide to interject in.

Quite an accomplishment.

U6 (the real deal) is 9.9% Thanks for nothing Obungles

David Stockman wrote a very good article where he demonstrated the true unemployment rate is around 42%.

"Stockman cites the number of 210 million adult Americans, who if they worked 2,000 hours per year, or about 40 hours per week, would deliver 420 million labor hours per year. When compared to the 240 million labor hours per year reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the total workforce of the country is delivering 57.1 percent of those 420 million labor hours, and otherwise stated, 42.9 percent of those hours are not being delivered. Therefore, the calculation of unemployment by this measure is 42.9 percent."
Anyone claiming the "true unemployment rate" stands at 42% or anywhere close to there is really pushing something absurd.

Did you read what I cited? There is nothing absurd about it.

Anyone that thinks the unemployment rate is 5% is nuts.
It is absurd because not all adult Americans need or want to work. That number is counting retired people, high school and college students as well as stay at home parents. It is intellectual dishonesty to the extreme.

What's wrong with minimum wage? I thought the republican stance was that those people should be happy to have those jobs. Now they're to be mocked? Which is it?
I have ALWAYS said that minimum wage jobs are jobs for KIDS and not adults with any self respect or ambition. Problem is those are the only jobs growing in Obama's economy.

Adults working minimum wage jobs deserve to be mocked

David Stockman wrote a very good article where he demonstrated the true unemployment rate is around 42.9%.

"Stockman cites the number of 210 million adult Americans, who if they worked 2,000 hours per year, or about 40 hours per week, would deliver 420 million labor hours per year. When compared to the 240 million labor hours per year reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the total workforce of the country is delivering 57.1 percent of those 420 million labor hours, and otherwise stated, 42.9 percent of those hours are not being delivered. Therefore, the calculation of unemployment by this measure is 42.9 percent."
But Stockman's calculations are moronic to begin with, American's have NEVER averaged 40 hours per week, generally around 35, and even Stockman admits he is including retirees, housewives, students etc as working 40 hours per week.

Furthermore Stockman does not make the same calculation for the economy when Bush left for any kind of meaningful comparison. By Stockman's moronic calculation Bush's UE rate was probably close to 60% when he left so 42.9 is quite an improvement over Bush.

But you did succeed in proving Timmy 100% correct. Good job!
Republican tactic #412. When confronted with favorable information, Create some new negative stat out of the blue, and use it to bash Obama .

I have ALWAYS said that minimum wage jobs are jobs for KIDS and not adults with any self respect or ambition. Problem is those are the only jobs growing in Obama's economy.

Just for kids you say? So minimum wage jobs around the country ALL start after 3pm when school lets out? Never knew that.

Obama didn't increase the GOP National Debt by $14 trillion, especially not in one month, and jobs increased by about 8.5 million since Bush left, not 151,000, so the asshole's $93 million per job is so STUPID and moronic only an idiot on the Right could come up with it!

About 10million jobs created at $10T debt is about $1mil/job. This is closer to reality. Not worth the debt for low income jobs. But, it is better than nothing, and better than housing crash BHO inherit.

Just for kids you say? So minimum wage jobs around the country ALL start after 3pm when school lets out? Never knew that.
There are plenty of losers to fill the pre 3 pm slots. Changes nothing

Read the numbers dufus... they are accurate. You can read, correct? You can argue with the reasoning, but not the numbers.
I read the numbers and they are MORONIC!
He admits he should have allowed for non-working spouses, the disabled, retirees, students, family caregivers, etc., but he DIDN"T making his calculations worthless as well as idiotic!

The Warren Buffett Economy——Why Its Days Are Numbered (Part 4)

At the present time, there are 210 million adult Americans between the ages of 16 and 68—to take a plausible measure of the potential work force. That amounts to 420 billion potential labor hours, if we accept the convention that all adults are at least theoretically capable of holding a full-time job (2,000 hours/year) and pulling their share of society’s need for production and work effort.
By contrast, during 2014 only 240 billion hours were actually supplied to the US economy, according to the BLS estimates. Technically, therefore, there were 180 billion unemployed labor hours, meaning that the real unemployment rate was 42.9%, not 5.5%!
Yes, we have to allow for non-working wives, students, the disabled, early retirees and coupon clippers.

Those jobs used to be for kids to learn work skills. Now they for illegals to raise 7 kids on + GOVT benefits.

All we had to do was $14 Trillion in new debt under Obama

14,000,000,000,000/151,000= $93 million per job!

Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!!
you think they used chicken s---- to bail our country out of the greatest financial calamity since the depression??
Obama didn't increase the GOP National Debt by $14 trillion, especially not in one month, and jobs increased by about 8.5 million since Bush left, not 151,000, so the asshole's $93 million per job is so STUPID and moronic only an idiot on the Right could come up with it!

Obama the greatest, most Powerless POTUS EVAH!

There are plenty of losers to fill the pre 3 pm slots. Changes nothing
Losers? I thought people struggling should do whatever they have to, to make ends meet...thats what I've heard consistently from your buddies about taking responsibility. If minimum wage jobs are the "only thing Growing in Obamas economy" as you've told us...what should these people do? Not take those jobs? But then you'd call them a moocher because they aren't working, yet they are a "loser" according to you, because they took a minimum wage job.

So which is it?

Excellent, I guess income inequality, low wages, and wage stagnation are no longer a problem. No reason to raise taxes either, hell things are so awesome under Obama we should lower taxes.

About 10million jobs created at $10T debt is about $1mil/job. This is closer to reality. Not worth the debt for low income jobs. But, it is better than nothing, and better than housing crash BHO inherit.
Except it is not $10 trillion it is actually $7 trillion, and over $3 trillion of that $7 trillion is interest on the $12 trillion GOP National debt Obama inherited. Then you add the continuing costs of Bush's meddling in the ME, including the continuing medical care of the injured vets, Medicare part D, increased SS benefits, etc., and you are left with less than $2 trillion in actual Obama policy debt.

GDP growth for the last quarter was under 1%--under, under, under 1%. That's almost stagnation.

And, as others have noted, the more complete unemployment rate--the U-6 rate--is at 9.9%. What's more, Obama's average U-6 rate has been far higher than Bush's average rate.

Finally, our national debt just hit $19 trillion and is now one of the five biggest budget items and is consuming over $250 billion per year--just to pay the interest.

Yeah, thanks a lot, Obama.

Forum List

Back