Unions Asking for Exemption From $15 hr Minimum Pay Rate

What?!?! What is good for the goose is NOT food for the gander?
Will people ever learn? Wages are what an outlet can afford. Low skill job? Low skill wages.

If you will recall they also demanded to be exempt from obamacare. They seem to think they are a ove what they demand of others.

Those who think the minimum wage doesn't cost jobs might want to have a chat with unions in Los Angeles.

After pushing for a big hike in that city's minimum wage — which will climb to $15 an hour by 2020 — labor leaders now want an exemption for companies that have unionized workers.

Why? Because, according to Rusty Hicks, head of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, "with a collective bargaining agreement, a business owner and the employees negotiate an agreement that works for them both. The agreement allows each party to prioritize what is important to them."

The union exemption would, Hicks said, give "the parties the option, the freedom, to negotiate that agreement. And that is a good thing."

Wait just a minute.

Isn't this precisely what happens when anyone applies for a job, whether it's through collective bargaining or one-on-one?

An employer and a prospective employee negotiate the terms of employment that suit them both, including the mix of wages, benefits and perks. If either side doesn't like the offer, the deal's off.

It's called the free market. And it works...

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Unions Now Want an Exemption From The Minimum Wage Hike They Pushed - Investors.com

My understanding is that they have the exemptions in some major areas. It is part of the plan, if so. They convince the cities they can do the bargaining so no wage needs to be set, get the exemption and pretty much destroy any non union business.

I sure hope people wise up before it is too late.
My understanding is that they have the exemptions in some major areas. It is part of the plan, if so. They convince the cities they can do the bargaining so no wage needs to be set, get the exemption and pretty much destroy any non union business.

If businessmen can bribe congress I guess they can bribe a union official.

You can't be serious?
Just a few from April
Security Officers Union President Charged with Embezzling $300K+
Letter Carriers Treasurer in SE Virginia Sentenced for Embezzlement
Virginia Fire Fighters Secretary-Treasurer Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement and Forgery
BLET Secretary in West Virginia Indicted for Embezzlement
Chicago BLET Secretary-Treasurer Sentenced for Records Fraud
AFGE Local President in Indiana Pleads Guilty to Theft
Washington State Letter Carriers Financial Secretary Pleads Guilty for Embezzlement
Laborers Secretary-Treasurer in Oklahoma Charged; Pleads Guilty of Embezzlement
New York MTA Police Union President Charged in Embezzlement
UTU Financial Secretary in Washington State Pleads Guilty in Plea Deal for Embezzlement
Illinois Laborers Local Bookkeeper Indicted for Embezzlement
Former Teamster From Braintree Found Guilty of Extortion ...
Disgraced former Ironworkers Local 401 boss Joseph Dougherty has been found guilty of corruption, arson and other related offenses.
Philadelphia union boss convicted in racketeering case ...
DC Union Boss Pleads Guilty To Gun Charges

I could go on and on....

Union bosses have a looooong reputation...

Mostly in movies and other fiction. Still, not as bad as congress or business.

Yep, the unions want control and if they can get the small businesses out then they gain power.

My husband's business has had to fight off the unions for years.
They are successful periodically in sending in a member to be hired undercover, and then push the union.

Yep, the unions want control and if they can get the small businesses out then they gain power.

Forum List

Back