Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

I think Barry is an illiterate in regards to business and economics, and a true believe in Big Government. His policies are utopian blather which cause a great deal of harm in the real world.

Interesting point of view. I thought we should strive to be as utopian as possible instead of the American worker continuing to get the shaft. I think after the dust has settled we will see a more informed American worker and lower healthcare costs.
And passing a law that makes it more sensible to cut the hours of employees back to 20 hours isn't giving them the shaft?

Really?

Its only giving them the shaft if they decide to stay loyal to that business thats cutting their hours instead of the business cutting their profit margin. I found out long ago that there is a business principle that mandates the compensation you as an employee receive is roughly a 3rd of the profit your work generates.

Last edited:
Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?

I think Barry is an illiterate in regards to business and economics, and a true believe in Big Government. His policies are utopian blather which cause a great deal of harm in the real world.

Interesting point of view. I thought we should strive to be as utopian as possible instead of the American worker continuing to get the shaft. I think after the dust has settled we will see a more informed American worker and lower healthcare costs.

Lololol

I pegged you right from the start. Tell me, how many unicorns do you own?

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?
I don't think he gives a shit about anybody or anything outside of himself.

Malignant narcissists are like that.

Indeed. Obama is a thorough narcissist.

And passing a law that makes it more sensible to cut the hours of employees back to 20 hours isn't giving them the shaft?

Really?

Its only giving them the shaft if they decide to stay loyal to that business thats cutting their hours instead of the business cutting their profit margin. I found out long ago that there is a business principle that mandates the compensation you receive is roughly a 3rd of the profit your work generates.
Wow....You really aren't that bright at all.

When your labor costs go up beyond that 1/3, then it's the employee that takes the hit....Either that or prices get raised.

Like I asked in my first post on the topic, you really aren't so naive to believe that the employers were just going to eat the added costs, are you?

I think people like you should stick your head in a meat grinder. Either way, you aren't using it.

The road to ruin is paved with clueless utopian ideals.

The same thing could be said of those that are afraid of change.

Destroying the 40 work week is not a productive change, bub.

All change is not good, but morons like you can't see that.

Really?

Its only giving them the shaft if they decide to stay loyal to that business thats cutting their hours instead of the business cutting their profit margin. I found out long ago that there is a business principle that mandates the compensation you receive is roughly a 3rd of the profit your work generates.

When your labor costs go up beyond that 1/3, then it's the employee that takes the hit....Either that or prices get raised.

Like I asked in my first post on the topic, you really aren't so naive to believe that the employers were just going to eat the added costs, are you?

Initially no the employers wont want to eat it. They know that they can get people to work harder and for less. AS employees become more savvy and less loyal, the businesses will be forced to either hire more people or raise hours and wages. Prices wont go up past a certain point or they will price themselves out of business.

I pity liberals who voted for this man thinking there were any guarantees upon his election.

Initially no the employers wont want to eat it. They know that they can get people to work harder and for less. AS employees become more savvy and less loyal, the businesses will be forced to either hire more people or raise hours and wages. Prices wont go up past a certain point or they will price themselves out of business.

ORLY? With 90M people out of the workforce and the lowest labor force participation rate since 1978, I don't see that happening.

You know the answer your just to blind to see it. You even wrote part of it in this post.

Hours WILL be cut.
Salaries will stagnate.
The workforce will grow but hours will shrink to compensate for it.
NOTHING positive will come of this.

First lesson free. Your welcome.

One would assume that if you were actually an employer, you would know what hardships it entails. By this post, I don't think that's true.

Really?

Its only giving them the shaft if they decide to stay loyal to that business thats cutting their hours instead of the business cutting their profit margin. I found out long ago that there is a business principle that mandates the compensation you as an employee receive is roughly a 3rd of the profit your work generates.

Unless a worker is invested in the company he receives none of the profit. A worker's compensation is a cost against gross revenues. What is left after a business pays for their costs is gross profit or EBIDTA.

Wow....Just wow.

I was right....You really aren't very bright at all.

If there's no percentage (i.e. profit) to even bother staying in business, why would anyone do so?

I didnt know you were guaranteed 40 hours of work each week.

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Companies are eliminating group policies and going to fixed contribution plans, workers who used to work full time can't get full time jobs anymore because of the higher government burden placed on businesses and they're going to get pay and other benefits cut to make the numbers work. All that while teenage and very low skill workers can't get jobs at all because they have to be paid a wage to support a family, and they aren't worth that.

And you think making that permanent is a "better state?" Wow, liberals are quote the little helpers there, aren't you?

Wow....Just wow.

If there's no percentage (i.e. profit) to even bother staying in business, why would anyone do so?

Pretty simple. 2 reasons.

There is a profit but it will be smaller.

They dont want to become an employee themselves because they know the game. The laws are written to give people every reason to be a business owner instead of an employee.

What's your estimate of how many people will die before the dusts settles and unveils your new utopian world?

Wow....Just wow.

They dont want to become an employee themselves because they know the game. The laws are written to give people every reason to be a business owner instead of an employee.

Stop the presses!

A contradiction. Employers want to maximize their profits, not diminish them. It isn't rocket science, it's common sense. You speak as if you know the game.

Wow....Just wow.

News flash: They won't change their business model and take smaller profits just because Utopian daydreamers like you just expect that they will.

And going out of one business doesn't mean that they won't start another or go out and be a freelance 1099 contractor.

And to think that you vote. :banghead:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back