Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

Initially no the employers wont want to eat it. They know that they can get people to work harder and for less. AS employees become more savvy and less loyal, the businesses will be forced to either hire more people or raise hours and wages. Prices wont go up past a certain point or they will price themselves out of business.
Wow....Just wow.

I was right....You really aren't very bright at all.

If there's no percentage (i.e. profit) to even bother staying in business, why would anyone do so?

Pretty simple. 2 reasons.

There is a profit but it will be smaller.

They dont want to become an employee themselves because they know the game. The laws are written to give people every reason to be a business owner instead of an employee.

You must be getting thirsty by now:

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6009-obama-kool-aid.jpg

Initially no the employers wont want to eat it. They know that they can get people to work harder and for less. AS employees become more savvy and less loyal, the businesses will be forced to either hire more people or raise hours and wages. Prices wont go up past a certain point or they will price themselves out of business.
Wow....Just wow.

If there's no percentage (i.e. profit) to even bother staying in business, why would anyone do so?

They dont want to become an employee themselves because they know the game. The laws are written to give people every reason to be a business owner instead of an employee.

In the 25 years I've been in corporate management, management consulting and owned my own business, I have yet to meet any of these businesses that just eat taxes that you refer to. Any examples?

BTW, we got where we are because we're smarter than you are and no matter what you do, we will figure out a way to make you pay for your own stupid policies. No one got where i am by saying what you said, gosh, I'll just make less. If you're employed, pay attention to what your employer is doing to give your bills right back to you.

Last month, leaders of three of the largest labor unions sent a scathing letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA),
warning that if the problems with the insurance program are not addressed,
the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits,
but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

Why Organized Labor Is Organizing Against Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

So why the name "Affordable Care Act" if there are no jobs that can "afford care"???

That makes the corporatists and far righties here very happy if that were so.

Of that's right: it's not.

Wow....Just wow.

News flash: They won't change their business model and take smaller profits just because Utopian daydreamers like you just expect that they will.

And going out of one business doesn't mean that they won't start another or go out and be a freelance 1099 contractor.

And to think that you vote. :banghead:

They will if they want to stay in business. People will adjust to the new reality both employees and employers alike. Contrary to popular belief the sky is not falling.

News flash: They won't change their business model and take smaller profits just because Utopian daydreamers like you just expect that they will.

And going out of one business doesn't mean that they won't start another or go out and be a freelance 1099 contractor.

They will if they want to stay in business. People will adjust to the new reality both employees and employers alike. Contrary to popular belief the sky is not falling.
You really, really, really, really have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you're talking about.....No business sense, no grasp of even the most rudimentary concepts of business accounting or economics, no insight into human nature.....Nothing.

It is truly frightening to think that people like you have a vote.

Wow....Just wow.

In the 25 years I've been in corporate management, management consulting and owned my own business, I have yet to meet any of these businesses that just eat taxes that you refer to. Any examples?

BTW, we got where we are because we're smarter than you are and no matter what you do, we will figure out a way to make you pay for your own stupid policies. No one got where i am by saying what you said, gosh, I'll just make less. If you're employed, pay attention to what your employer is doing to give your bills right back to you.

I happen to have a business partner that owns a string of hotels and he is extremely successful. He is onboard with this. If a billionaire is ok with this then I think I'm going to go with what he thinks. He goes above what is required. He pays for preschool for his employees children, he built some K-12 schools to educate the children, and He pays the tuition for the employees children when they go to college. Did i forget to say he was a billionaire?

Ah. So you support the policy of lower expectations for everyone.

Not that there was any doubt, but thank you for the refreshing honesty.

I happen to have a business partner that owns a string of hotels and he is extremely successful. He is onboard with this. If a billionaire is ok with this then I think I'm going to go with what he thinks. He goes above what is required. He pays for preschool for his employees children, he built some K-12 schools to educate the childre, and He pays the tuition for the employees children when they go to college. Did i forget to say he was a billionaire?

So you know a billionaire. I know several. They have the best tax accountants in the country, and are able to minimize their tax hit and have moved income earning assets outside of the country.

The hardware store or fast food franchise owner aren't in that position. It's very easy for billionaires to support policies that affect others and not themselves.

Last edited:
If the penalty for not providing insurance is less than the cost of paying for employee insurance minus the tax benefit for doing so, then biz will not provide the insurance. Further, if the penalty can be avoided alltogether, by reducing working hours, then the employer will keep more money by essentially cutting wages. I don't see the great loss for employers.

But, imo, the dems' motive all along has been single payor.

No. I actually believe in exceeding expectations instead of crying that the sky is falling. Sorry its my utopian side. Every massively successful person I know believes this is a time of opportunity. The cheese has moved. Better get to work finding it instead of complaining.

I happen to have a business partner that owns a string of hotels and he is extremely successful. He is onboard with this. If a billionaire is ok with this then I think I'm going to go with what he thinks. He goes above what is required. He pays for preschool for his employees children, he built some K-12 schools to educate the children, and He pays the tuition for the employees children when they go to college. Did i forget to say he was a billionaire?
I call bullshit.

There is no way that someone as plainly and tragically ignorant as you can be in and remain in business.

No. I actually believe in exceeding expectations instead of crying that the sky is falling. Sorry its my utopian side. Every massively successful person I know believes this is a time of opportunity. The cheese has moved. Better get to work finding it instead of complaining.

You are a LAIR. You posted that business owners have to accept lower profits.

Moron.

I happen to have a business partner that owns a string of hotels and he is extremely successful. He is onboard with this. If a billionaire is ok with this then I think I'm going to go with what he thinks. He goes above what is required. He pays for preschool for his employees children, he built some K-12 schools to educate the childre, and He pays the tuition for the employees children when they go to college. Did i forget to say he was a billionaire?

So you know a billionaire. I know several. They have the best tax accountants in the country, and are able to minimize their tax hit and have moved income earning assets outside of the country.

The hardware store or fast food franchise owner aren't in that position. It's very easy for billionaires to support policies that affect others and not themselves.

The billionaires I know werent billionaires at first. They built their business into what it is today by giving more to their employees than required by law. In essence accepting a lower profit margin.

You are a LAIR. You posted that business owners have to accept lower profits.

Moron.

No need to get emotional. I did say that. Why am I a liar?

The billionaires I know werent billionaires at first. They built their business into what it is today by giving more to their employees than required by law. In essence accepting a lower profit margin.
People who operate high-end operations like Mariott and Hilton have to pay more to attract the best employees, to give the level of service expected by ownership, management and the customers....This does not come as a matter of taking lower profit margins.

You are now very evidently lying about who you are, insofar as it relates to being a businessperson.

And yet Bill Gates and Warren Buffett evade taxes, did you know they are billionaires?

I do like your inability to distinguish charity from taxes though. I give a lot of money to charity. Paying taxes and government mandates aren't charity. Your friend is going to find a way to make his employees pay for their own health care if he is what you say he is. Being "on board" isn't the same as "I'll eat it."

And yet Bill Gates and Warren Buffett evade taxes, did you know they are billionaires?

I do like your inability to distinguish charity from taxes though. I give a lot of money to charity. Paying taxes and government mandates aren't charity. Your friend is going to find a way to make his employees pay for their own health care if he is what you say he is. Being "on board" isn't the same as "I'll eat it."

No actually he already pays for their health care 100% He believes paying taxes is the price you pay for being able to be a capitalist.

Last edited:

No actually he already pays for their health care 100%

And your evidence that he does so out of pure benevolence, rather as a way to attract the best employees possible, would be........?

No actually he already pays for their health care 100%

And your evidence that he does so out of pure benevolence, rather as a way to attract the best employees possible, would be........?

He told me so. When you give people what they want and make them part of the family they invest themselves in the success of your business. Doesnt work the other way around because people can smell when you are insincere. You cant argue with a billionaires methods if they work.

No actually he already pays for their health care 100% He believes paying taxes is the price you pay for being able to be a capitalist.

This contradicts nothing that I said. Capitalists count the total cost of an employee. At GE we referred to it as the "loaded cost." Our budgets were charged a fixed percentage above their salaries and then corporate took care of their benefits. So for example if someone made $100K and their charge that year was 35%, our budget would be charged $135K.

Your friend isn't just eating the cost, he is calculating what his employees cost and paying them more in benefits as a part of that calculation. If he's not, he's probably your neighbor who hasn't left his apartment in 30 years and is telling you these stories because it's business 101.

Forum List

Back