Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

No actually he already pays for their health care 100%

And your evidence that he does so out of pure benevolence, rather as a way to attract the best employees possible, would be........?

He told me so. When you give people what they want and make them part of the family they invest themselves in the success of your business. Doesnt work the other way around because people can smell when you are insincere. You cant argue with a billionaires methods if they work.
OK...I'm convinced even more so than before....You are a liar....Speaking of insincerity.

Dismissed.

No actually he already pays for their health care 100%

And your evidence that he does so out of pure benevolence, rather as a way to attract the best employees possible, would be........?

He told me so. When you give people what they want and make them part of the family they invest themselves in the success of your business. Doesnt work the other way around because people can smell when you are insincere. You cant argue with a billionaires methods if they work.

You didn't grasp Oddball's question. He said he was doing it to get the best employees.

BTW, no employee works harder because you pay them more. Maybe for a week. You pay more to retain and keep the best employees. Not to turn a mediocre one into a good one.

And yet Bill Gates and Warren Buffett evade taxes, did you know they are billionaires?

I do like your inability to distinguish charity from taxes though. I give a lot of money to charity. Paying taxes and government mandates aren't charity. Your friend is going to find a way to make his employees pay for their own health care if he is what you say he is. Being "on board" isn't the same as "I'll eat it."

No actually he already pays for their health care 100% He believes paying taxes is the price you pay for being able to be a capitalist.

This contradicts nothing that I said. Capitalists count the total cost of an employee. At GE we referred to it as the "loaded cost." Our budgets were charged a fixed percentage above their salaries and then corporate took care of their benefits. So for example if someone made $100K and their charge that year was 35%, our budget would be charged $135K.

Your friend isn't just eating the cost, he is calculating what his employees cost and paying them more in benefits as a part of that calculation. If he's not, he's probably your neighbor who hasn't left his apartment in 30 years and is telling you these stories because it's business 101.

I'm not trying to contradict what you are saying. I'm just saying youre wrong. People choose to do business in certain ways. You assertion that everything is going down the toilet because of higher taxes on business owners is ridiculous. There is a reason i only listen to wealthy business owners. You start buying peoples opinions you usually end up with their lifestyle

You didn't grasp Oddball's question. He said he was doing it to get the best employees.

BTW, no employee works harder because you pay them more. Maybe for a week. You pay more to retain and keep the best employees. Not to turn a mediocre one into a good one.

I addressed that on the part about sincerity. If that was the only or major reason it wouldnt work. Its not just pay. Its the entire environment and the investment back into his employees communities. Sorry your experience has led you to be pessimistic. I just happen to have it on good authority that your opinion is not factual.

I didnt know you were guaranteed 40 hours of work each week.

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?
I think the POTUS is out for revenge against America for what he believes America did to his Parents.

I have no doubt that he was serious when he said he would destroy this country.

I addressed that on the part about sincerity. If that was the only or major reason it wouldnt work. Its not just pay. Its the entire environment and the investment back into his employees communities. Sorry your experience has led you to be pessimistic. I just happen to have it on good authority that your opinion is not factual.
You nave nothing on good authority and are far to insincere to be lecturing anyone else on the subject.

Do you think the posters here are fools?

You nave nothing on good authority and are far to insincere to be lecturing anyone else on the subject.

Do you think the posters here are fools?

It really doesnt matter if you believe me or not. Time will will educate you.

In the 25 years I've been in corporate management, management consulting and owned my own business, I have yet to meet any of these businesses that just eat taxes that you refer to. Any examples?

BTW, we got where we are because we're smarter than you are and no matter what you do, we will figure out a way to make you pay for your own stupid policies. No one got where i am by saying what you said, gosh, I'll just make less. If you're employed, pay attention to what your employer is doing to give your bills right back to you.

I happen to have a business partner that owns a string of hotels and he is extremely successful. He is onboard with this. If a billionaire is ok with this then I think I'm going to go with what he thinks. He goes above what is required. He pays for preschool for his employees children, he built some K-12 schools to educate the childre, and He pays the tuition for the employees children when they go to college. Did i forget to say he was a billionaire?

So you know a billionaire. I know several. They have the best tax accountants in the country, and are able to minimize their tax hit and have moved income earning assets outside of the country.

The hardware store or fast food franchise owner aren't in that position. It's very easy for billionaires to support policies that affect others and not themselves.

I don't think you know shit much less any "billionaires"!
If YOU did you would know something that VERY VERY few people on this board seem to know when it comes to running a business!
A) An employer pays 6.2% of all wages in Social Security for every employee. FACT!
B) An employer pays 1.45% of all wages for every employee for Medicare. FACT!
C) Employer pays what is called Federal Unemployment TAX... a minimum of $600 a year per employee!
D) An employer pays workman's comp.
E) And then on top of all that OSHA/EEOC/etc. FEES and administration documentation, etc. COSTS!
AND that's for every employee!

Before the employee reports for work the Employer has PAID out for that employee and not in any real wages!

AND that's just the employers' expenses in having employees... BEFORE OBAMACARE!!!

Now another point you really shit for brains knows any "billionaires"!!!!

What the f..k do you think they do with that money? Hide it under the mattress? Bury in the back yard?
Dumb shit... they invest! Look what Twitter is going to do! Make billionaires out the founders!
But dumb f..ks like you ! YOU are like a pack of jackals attacking the ONLY piece of meat trying to tear your piece... NOT
realizing there are more out there i.e. YOU idiots think the pie is limited in size! YOU think there is a "finite" amount of money!

CLUE!!!
Look what our "POOR" have RIGHT now in this country and NOT paid by the Government but by TAXES paid by these billionaires
from their businesses that hire employees that pay taxes!!!

American poverty just ain’t what it used to be.
A new report from the Census Bureau found that
80.9% of households considered poverty stricken have cell phones along with their landline phones, and
58.2% have computers.
96.1% of those in “poverty” have televisions, and
83% have some sort of DVR.
The percentage owning refrigerators? 97.8%
Gas or electric stoves? 96.6%.
Microwaves? 93.2%
Air conditioning? Over 83%.
Washer? 68.7%
Dryer? 65.3%
People still don’t mind washing dishes, apparently; only 44.9% surveyed had a dishwasher.
Americans in 'Poverty' Have TVs, VCRs, Cell Phones, Air Conditioning

NOW YOU DUMB shits.. that complain about "profits" "corporatists" evil business owners!
WAKE THE F...K UP!
The above POOR and the rest of us are going to hell in a hand basket because we have a President that has TOLD US!!

1)wants higher gas prices... and he's getting them! LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly
2)wants skyrocketing utility prices... getting that! Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air
3)has more people on food stamps... isn't that a good thing?
4)Moving more people off health insurance and charging higher premiums in the process... that's good isn't it??
5)Disapproving more oil leases on Federal lands then any President... now that's good for global warming right?
6)Tells Brazil we'll be their best oil customer... right that should be any President's priority making USA more oil dependent!

I happen to have a business partner that owns a string of hotels and he is extremely successful. He is onboard with this. If a billionaire is ok with this then I think I'm going to go with what he thinks. He goes above what is required. He pays for preschool for his employees children, he built some K-12 schools to educate the childre, and He pays the tuition for the employees children when they go to college. Did i forget to say he was a billionaire?

So you know a billionaire. I know several. They have the best tax accountants in the country, and are able to minimize their tax hit and have moved income earning assets outside of the country.

The hardware store or fast food franchise owner aren't in that position. It's very easy for billionaires to support policies that affect others and not themselves.

The billionaires I know werent billionaires at first. They built their business into what it is today by giving more to their employees than required by law. In essence accepting a lower profit margin.

Your ignorance is showing.

Smart business people pay what a job is worth, not what is required by law. Supply and demand applies to labor markets as well as other goods.

If YOU did you would know something that VERY VERY few people on this board seem to know when it comes to running a business!
A) An employer pays 6.2% of all wages in Social Security for every employee. FACT!
C) Employer pays what is called Federal Unemployment TAX... a minimum of $600 a year per employee!
E) And then on top of all that OSHA/EEOC/etc. FEES and administration documentation, etc. COSTS!

Before the employee reports for work the Employer has PAID out for that employee and not in any real wages!

AND that's just the employers' expenses in having employees... BEFORE OBAMACARE!!!

What the f..k do you think they do with that money? Hide it under the mattress? Bury in the back yard?
Dumb shit... they invest! Look what Twitter is going to do! Make billionaires out the founders!
But dumb f..ks like you ! YOU are like a pack of jackals attacking the ONLY piece of meat trying to tear your piece... NOT
realizing there are more out there i.e. YOU idiots think the pie is limited in size! YOU think there is a "finite" amount of money!

CLUE!!!
Look what our "POOR" have RIGHT now in this country and NOT paid by the Government but by TAXES paid by these billionaires

80.9% of households considered poverty stricken have cell phones along with their landline phones, and
58.2% have computers.
Microwaves? 93.2%
Washer? 68.7%
Dryer? 65.3%
People still don’t mind washing dishes, apparently; only 44.9% surveyed had a dishwasher.

NOW YOU DUMB shits.. that complain about "profits" "corporatists" evil business owners!
WAKE THE F...K UP!
The above POOR and the rest of us are going to hell in a hand basket because we have a President that has TOLD US!!

1)wants higher gas prices... and he's getting them! LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly
2)wants skyrocketing utility prices... getting that! Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air
4)Moving more people off health insurance and charging higher premiums in the process... that's good isn't it??
5)Disapproving more oil leases on Federal lands then any President... now that's good for global warming right?
6)Tells Brazil we'll be their best oil customer... right that should be any President's priority making USA more oil dependent!

If your comments are directed at me, you don't understand a thing I've ever posted on this board.

Have a nice day.

CLUE!!!

58.2% have computers.
Microwaves? 93.2%
Washer? 68.7%
Dryer? 65.3%

WAKE THE F...K UP!

If your comments are directed at me, you don't understand a thing I've ever posted on this board.

Have a nice day.

I think that was meant for me. He's really po'd.

Last edited:
Well, you deserve it, you sad little moron.

News flash: They won't change their business model and take smaller profits just because Utopian daydreamers like you just expect that they will.

And going out of one business doesn't mean that they won't start another or go out and be a freelance 1099 contractor.

And to think that you vote. :banghead:

They will if they want to stay in business. People will adjust to the new reality both employees and employers alike. Contrary to popular belief the sky is not falling.
You really, really, really, really have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you're talking about.....No business sense, no grasp of even the most rudimentary concepts of business accounting or economics, no insight into human nature.....Nothing.

It is truly frightening to think that people like you have a vote.

You and health myths have revealed how you feel about our country and its institutions.

First, you are naïve economically and financially.

Two, you are confused about how our government works.

You simply don't have a clue, so step off.

Last edited:
They will if they want to stay in business. People will adjust to the new reality both employees and employers alike. Contrary to popular belief the sky is not falling.
You really, really, really, really have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you're talking about.....No business sense, no grasp of even the most rudimentary concepts of business accounting or economics, no insight into human nature.....Nothing.

You and health myths have revealed how you feel about our country and its institutions.

Oddball is totally clueless. I think he is regurgitating what Fox news told him.

My business will make over 4 times the revenue we did 3 years ago and we're on pace to increase revenue 50% this year. I've never had a permanent employee quit. My philosophy is I hire good people, pay them fairly and empower them to run the business. I stay out of their way. My job is to be around and deal with occasional issues and other then that grow the business. I stay out of operations. My employees love it, they feel trusted. I post all day on message boards if I feel like it.

There is nothing "pessimistic" about what I'm telling you, I'm telling you that anyone who doesn't measure the return for their employees and the total cost of employment isn't in business much less a billionaire. Apparently your friend is dumbing this all way down for you. It's pretty clear why.

Oddball is totally clueless. I think he is regurgitating what Fox news told him.
No, you don't.....think.

If you thought, you would have not tried to pass yourself off as something that you're not.

You don't know shit about shit....All that guides you are your Utopian daydreams of lollipop skies and unicorns, all brought into being by the force of law, at gunpoint if necessary.

I don't know whether or not al queda is a greater threat to America than room-temperature IQ bliss ninnies like you.

Forum List

Back