Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

You wouldn't get off the ground in a business with that mindset, Asclepias. Try not to lie, it's plainly evident you've never run a business in your life.

If you say so. However, back to my point. If you are making money and have a good business going why are you complaining? What are you doing wrong in your business that makes your feel this is going to hurt you?

No no no, we're staying right here, hotshot. And why are you changing the subject? You would debate minutia rather than stay on topic. Not many businesses succeed nowadays, no thanks to Obamacare. People everywhere INCLUDING the unions who swooned over it, think it is more destructive that productive. It is milking more money away from them, decreasing their profit margins and killing jobs. Any reasonable businessperson would never support such an obstacle to success and profit.

You guys are the ones that changed the subject to my business acumen. I never thought it was the point but you guys sure latched onto it. I have dealt with unions on a couple of occassions and they are only a little better than some greedy business owners with a scarcity mindset. It was a running joke at one job I worked that the best way into management was to become the union rep. If the unions are complaining it probably is going to hurt them financially somehow. Using words like reasonable doesn't cover up the fact that you mean scraping by or unsuccessful. Successful business owners support this because on the back end their workers will be better off, their productivity will go up, and the owners revenue will increase. Those with a conventional mindset get upset and start complaining about an event that changes the game instead of adjusting and continuing to succeed.

Thats all very amazing. What does that have to do with what i was saying though? If you think paying a fair or slightly higher wage and treating your employees well only nets you a week of good productivity I would call that pessimistic. Thats not the mindset of someone destined to be a billionaire. Running a business is an investment that doesnt stop once you open the doors. Sometimes if you have a big business mindset you understand that your first years will be lean in order to create a truly big business. Complaining about the cost of doing business will surely shut you down later if you feel your employees have to pay instead of you paying.
But you don't have a big business -or even a small business- mindset....It's glaringly evident to the several businesspeople, including myself, involved in this thread.

Seriously....You haven't the first clue as to what you're blabbering about and we all know it...Best put a sock in it and quit while you're behind.

I really dont mind what you think about my business acumen. I know you guys arent making that much money and you are barely scraping by. What other reason would you be complaining when you know you hold all the cards? You must be doing something wrong for this to bother you that much where you feel the need to attack me on the issue just because you disagree. Your response is highly emotional and a dead giveaway.
My point is that you have no business acumen....That's not any emotion speaking, that's experience as a small businessman.

If anyone is the dead giveaway here it's you.

If you say so. However, back to my point. If you are making money and have a good business going why are you complaining? What are you doing wrong in your business that makes your feel this is going to hurt you?

No no no, we're staying right here, hotshot. And why are you changing the subject? You would debate minutia rather than stay on topic. Not many businesses succeed nowadays, no thanks to Obamacare. People everywhere INCLUDING the unions who swooned over it, think it is more destructive that productive. It is milking more money away from them, decreasing their profit margins and killing jobs. Any reasonable businessperson would never support such an obstacle to success and profit.

You guys are the ones that changed the subject to my business acumen. I never thought it was the point but you guys sure latched onto it. I have dealt with unions on a couple of occasions and they are only a little better than some greedy business owners with a scarcity mindset. It was a running joke at one job I worked that the best way into management was to become the union rep. If the unions are complaining it probably is going to hurt them financially somehow. Using words like reasonable doesn't cover up the fact that you mean scraping by or unsuccessful. Successful business owners support this because on the back end their workers will be better off, their productivity will go up, and the owners revenue will increase. Those with a conventional mindset get upset and start complaining about an event that changes the game instead of adjusting and continuing to succeed.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about anymore? Dealing with unions and running a business are two different things altogether, that is unless perchance you run a business that allows it's employees to unionize.

You guys are the ones that changed the subject to my business acumen. I never thought it was the point but you guys sure latched onto it. I have dealt with unions on a couple of occasions and they are only a little better than some greedy business owners with a scarcity mindset. It was a running joke at one job I worked that the best way into management was to become the union rep. If the unions are complaining it probably is going to hurt them financially somehow. Using words like reasonable doesn't cover up the fact that you mean scraping by or unsuccessful. Successful business owners support this because on the back end their workers will be better off, their productivity will go up, and the owners revenue will increase. Those with a conventional mindset get upset and start complaining about an event that changes the game instead of adjusting and continuing to succeed.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about anymore? Dealing with unions and running a business are two different things altogether, that is unless perchance you run a business that allows it's employees to unionize.

I thought you wanted to get back to the OP's topic? Are you confused?

Nope. You're the one all over the place. You can't debate [MENTION=17281]Oddball[/MENTION]: with a straight face.

Nope. You're the one all over the place. You can't debate [MENTION=17281]Oddball[/MENTION]: with a straight face.

Did you say this?

You wouldn't get off the ground in a business with that mindset, Asclepias. Try not to lie, it's plainly evident you've never run a business in your life.

Then say this?

Did you say this?

Then say this?

What are you talking about? You were called on being wrong and then tried to deflect away from his point. So yeah I said those two things. Still doesn't change your lack of "business acumen."

This will work once the dupes, including employers, find out that all the fear mongering by Pubs is total BS. PELOSI WAS RIGHT.

oh geezus.....hey Frankie?.....will we see you here if this thing turns into a disaster?.....will you be here telling us how wrong you were or will you ....mysteriously "disappear"?......

I think he "disappeared" a long time ago.

Are you afraid to say your business...you seem totally unprofessional...lol. All you see is the mess that is US health care...

LOL...ok....you are dense...I get it.

My business IS Health Care...I am n the front line every day dealing with Obamacare.

Oct 1 is open enrollment.....we have no fixed rates......we have NO outlines of coverage....

The Law says that WE are not to involved in the subsidy issue...but the Exchanges will not be ready...so WE have been instructed to take the insured word as to what they make and apply side subsidy.....which is against the law

Gonna miss you lol. I don't do rep- it's a Pub dupe obsession, like the lockstep propagandists' telling each other how great they are....and ignoring the rest of the world is their only way of keeping their ridiculous opinions. Buh bye angry dingbat...

Forum List

Back