Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

Poor franco....my job REQUIRES me to follow Obama's law....it isn't working.....sorry dude.

BS- your stupid red state screwed it up- and you blame Obama lol...I love you mysterious bs Pubtrolls...

yOU WOULD HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE, MYSTERY pUBTROLL. OOps. If you live in a red state you already know it lol...

LOVE YA LIKE a brother, dupes, but your opinion means nothing. You are totally misinformed and probabaly a racist lol...

Frankie.....let me break this to you gently.....your opinion means jack shit to 90% of the posters here......

The GOP has to kill the ACA now, because once major portions go into effect, all too many people are going to see that it has far more pluses than minuses, and that the minuses can be fixed.

yOU WOULD HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE, MYSTERY pUBTROLL. OOps. If you live in a red state you already know it lol...

Spick boy....LOL, I've never
hidden it ;)
Nebraska...the same State that finished number 2 in job creation.....

You poor little wet back.

My job will not be affected by the ACA. As far as a 40 hour work week is concerned, for most of my life I worked 60 to 80 hours a week. And now that I have cut back to 40 to 45 hours a week, I am taking classes at a university. Now the ACA does open up a way to insure my wife if I should have to retire after 1Jan14.

Spick boy....LOL, I've never
hidden it ;)
Nebraska...the same State that finished number 2 in job creation.....

You poor little wet back.

Pure Scot and English, Pubtroll- well, put your locale in your sig fcs- SO- you think NE Pubs HAVEN'T delayed your exchange LOL...AND how are people going to like no federally funded care for your poor...you're quite a joker LOL...AND NOW the corn picking will end lol...

Gonna miss you lol. I don't do rep- it's a Pub dupe obsession, like the lockstep propagandists' telling each other how great they are....and ignoring the rest of the world is their only way of keeping their ridiculous opinions. Buh bye angry dingbat...

Have you ever had a THOUGHT, spambot?

My job will not be affected by the ACA. As far as a 40 hour work week is concerned, for most of my life I worked 60 to 80 hours a week. And now that I have cut back to 40 to 45 hours a week, I am taking classes at a university. Now the ACA does open up a way to insure my wife if I should have to retire after 1Jan14.

"60 to 80 hrs... hmm.. let's say that's 70 hours.
5 day work week? 14 hr day. means getting work at 5 am.. working to 7 pm..
Doesn't leave anytime for family...etc...
6 day work week? 11.6 hr day.. again not much time for family.
So I'm always a little leery of statements like that which leads me to ask this next question.

Do you use simple arithmetic in your job?

If so please explain if you disagree with the following arithmetic fact.

You and the MSM believe Obama's "46 million uninsured" number.. YET......

10 million of uninsured are not citizens per the Census.
Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
14 million that are counted as uninsured ALL NEED to do is register with Medicaid per a study of the Census data..
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
18 million can afford but don't want to buy health insurance.. CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

That's 42 million of the 46 million Obama claims as being uninsured which was the BASIS for ACA passage!
There never were 46 million but less then 4 million truly uninsured that wanted insurance!
Please explain...

I didnt know you were guaranteed 40 hours of work each week.

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

The Union contract where I work does indeed say that they are gauanteed 40 hours. There are also requirments for minimum time off. Which means that there is a percentage of wages paid to let people stay home. Sometimes it as much as a whole 8 hour day. It is completely disruptive to the process of work. If a person works till 1130 and whether or not they choose to or not, can't come to work until 930 the next day and in some situations they will get paid for those two hours. Which obviously leaves 6 hours to perform work, subtracting of course lunch time and breaks. Of course management people get none of this.

Last edited:
Last month, leaders of three of the largest labor unions sent a scathing letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA),
warning that if the problems with the insurance program are not addressed,
the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits,
but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

Why Organized Labor Is Organizing Against Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

So why the name "Affordable Care Act" if there are no jobs that can "afford care"???

the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.” -

when Cons said that we were fear mongers

“When you and the president sought our support for the Affordable Care Act, you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat,” said the letter. “We have been strong supporters of you. In campaign after campaign we have put boots on the ground, gone door-to-door to get out the vote, run phone banks and raised money to secure this vision. Now this vision has come back to haunt us.”

Again, we fucking warned you.

AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka echoed those concerns on Thursday, telling reporters during a breakfast event that the administration and Congress made some serious blunders in drafting the legislation that must be fixed to quiet the growing union discontent. - :lol:

From labor’s perspective, arguably the biggest problem is that the law – when fully implemented – will create an incentive for employers to keep their workers’ hours below 30 hours a week.

The Affordable Care Act will eventually penalize firms employing 50 or more people that don’t offer health insurance – or that offer coverage below minimum standards. This is the so-called “employer mandate.” The White House this summer put that provision on hold until 2015 to give medium and large employers the opportunity to better prepare and plan for the changes and reporting requirements. But once that provision finally takes hold, union leaders say that companies will cut the hours of workers below 30 hours per week to get under the 50-worker threshold for providing health care coverage.

With salaries remaining relatively static during this tepid economic recovery, a cutback in hours would be tantamount to a substantial pay cut for many union and other workers who are struggling to make ends meet.

Yeah, we were all fucking racist for TELLING you this was going to happen.

I'd like to say; "I hate to tell you we told you so."

but

We Told You So!!!

Last month, leaders of three of the largest labor unions sent a scathing letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA),
warning that if the problems with the insurance program are not addressed,
the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits,
but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

Why Organized Labor Is Organizing Against Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

So why the name "Affordable Care Act" if there are no jobs that can "afford care"???

the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.” -

when Cons said that we were fear mongers

“When you and the president sought our support for the Affordable Care Act, you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat,” said the letter. “We have been strong supporters of you. In campaign after campaign we have put boots on the ground, gone door-to-door to get out the vote, run phone banks and raised money to secure this vision. Now this vision has come back to haunt us.”

Again, we fucking warned you.

AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka echoed those concerns on Thursday, telling reporters during a breakfast event that the administration and Congress made some serious blunders in drafting the legislation that must be fixed to quiet the growing union discontent. - :lol:

From labor’s perspective, arguably the biggest problem is that the law – when fully implemented – will create an incentive for employers to keep their workers’ hours below 30 hours a week.

The Affordable Care Act will eventually penalize firms employing 50 or more people that don’t offer health insurance – or that offer coverage below minimum standards. This is the so-called “employer mandate.” The White House this summer put that provision on hold until 2015 to give medium and large employers the opportunity to better prepare and plan for the changes and reporting requirements. But once that provision finally takes hold, union leaders say that companies will cut the hours of workers below 30 hours per week to get under the 50-worker threshold for providing health care coverage.

With salaries remaining relatively static during this tepid economic recovery, a cutback in hours would be tantamount to a substantial pay cut for many union and other workers who are struggling to make ends meet.

Yeah, we were all fucking racist for TELLING you this was going to happen.

I'd like to say; "I hate to tell you we told you so."

but

We Told You So!!!

What a GREAT opportunity for Repubs. Just think. Now that unions are mad at Obamacare, you Rethugs will be able to show the unions the Rethug plans for healthcare, and seeing as how I am sure they are much superior to the current plan, all those union members will now vote for Rethugs.

Oh happy days oh happy days.

Forum List

Back