🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Univ. of Kansas prof says kids of NRA members should be SHOT!!!

His point is valid. When the sons & daughters of gun nutters get slaughtered by mass murderers whose easy access to guns assisted in their blood-soaked act, their attitude changes.

It's another version of "there are no atheists in fox holes".

Listen gun nutters. Australia, Canada and the UK all have strict gun control and far less gun violence. If we adopt some version of their laws, we will have less gun violence.

It's your fault that we have so much gun violence.

Can you support your assertion pro-2nd amendment folks change their attitude when one of theirs is the victim? I've never heard of that

I know one fella who lost a son to the gun, and he never blamed the gun, he held the crack head responsible for it as he should.

If a conservative prof called for kids to be shot, it would be headline news and the prof would be instantly fired.

Prof says NRA members? children should be next to die in mass shooting | The Daily Caller

4:17 PM 09/19/2013

In the wake of the Navy Yard shooting, a journalism professor at the University of Kansas is calling for children of NRA members to be the next people killed in a mass shooting.

David Guth, an associate professor at UK’s journalism school, took to Twitter to lay the blame for the Navy Yard shooting on the shoulders of NRA members. If anyone has to die in a mass shooting, it should be their children, he said.

#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.
— David Guth (@DWGuth) September 16, 2013

He later doubled down on his statements in an interview with Campus Reform.

“Hell no, hell no, I do not regret that Tweet,” he said. “I don’t take it back one bit."

Guth presided as an associate dean of UK’s journalism school for five years. Campus Reform reported that the university was standing by his right to make such claims about NRA members and their children.

Not a nice thing to say, BUT - I think that what he means is that if a child of an NRA member was shot and killed in a mass shooting, that is when something would be done about guns. He thinks nothing will happen until the NRA are personally affected by a mass shooting.

Look at that....someone actually understands context

If a conservative prof called for kids to be shot, it would be headline news and the prof would be instantly fired.

Not a nice thing to say, BUT - I think that what he means is that if a child of an NRA member was shot and killed in a mass shooting, that is when something would be done about guns. He thinks nothing will happen until the NRA are personally affected by a mass shooting.

What does the NRA have to do with it?

-Geaux

-Geaux

They are the bogey man for the low information folks.

-Geaux

By NRA do you mean that organization that emphasizes gun safety and the joys of shooting sports or the organization that has a death grip on Congress to kill any gun legislation?

Prof says NRA members? children should be next to die in mass shooting | The Daily Caller

4:17 PM 09/19/2013

In the wake of the Navy Yard shooting, a journalism professor at the University of Kansas is calling for children of NRA members to be the next people killed in a mass shooting.

David Guth, an associate professor at UK’s journalism school, took to Twitter to lay the blame for the Navy Yard shooting on the shoulders of NRA members. If anyone has to die in a mass shooting, it should be their children, he said.

#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.
— David Guth (@DWGuth) September 16, 2013

He later doubled down on his statements in an interview with Campus Reform.

“Hell no, hell no, I do not regret that Tweet,” he said. “I don’t take it back one bit."

Guth presided as an associate dean of UK’s journalism school for five years. Campus Reform reported that the university was standing by his right to make such claims about NRA members and their children.

Are you suggesting a child of an NRA member has never been affected by gun violence? Perhaps the gun violence suffered by children prompted the parents to join the NRA.

Mark Mattioli, whose six-year-old son, James, was killed in the December shooting, spoke during a NRA press conference on the pro-gun organization's new school safety proposals.

"I wanted to take a minute and applaud ... the NRA for coming up and spending the time and resources on putting a program like this together," Mattioli said. "We send our children off to school. There are certain expectations and obviously in Sandy Hook, those expectations were not met."

-Geaux

By NRA do you mean that organization that emphasizes gun safety and the joys of shooting sports or the organization that has a death grip on Congress to kill any gun legislation?

Its a sad day when the 2nd amendment can't stand alone as the deterrent to morons who think they get to interpret the 2nd amendment however they choose so we need a pro gun rights group to make sure these mental midgets stay in line and keep their paws off our 2nd amendment.I swear they must skip the part that says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED....To me that's pretty damn clear.

Let a conservative say all the women who had abortions should all die in a mass shooting and keeps their job. Oh liberal outrage would be huge. What hypocrites.

Are you suggesting a child of an NRA member has never been affected by gun violence? Perhaps the gun violence suffered by children prompted the parents to join the NRA.

Mark Mattioli, whose six-year-old son, James, was killed in the December shooting, spoke during a NRA press conference on the pro-gun organization's new school safety proposals.

"I wanted to take a minute and applaud ... the NRA for coming up and spending the time and resources on putting a program like this together," Mattioli said. "We send our children off to school. There are certain expectations and obviously in Sandy Hook, those expectations were not met."

Is that the guy who lost a kid at Sandy Hook whose death wasn't worth an invite to the whitehouse for daring to disagree with his majesty?

Is that the guy who lost a kid at Sandy Hook whose death wasn't worth an invite to the whitehouse for daring to disagree with his majesty?

I don't know about that. But it wouldn't surprise me.

amazing, but this is your typical left wing fanatic showing his true colors. violent and full of hate. this man is an educator? if the school keeps him on after this outburst there is something wrong with them. we should have background checks for people teaching and influencing our youth . this guy would fail out of the box

it is absurd to think that nra members have never had a child killed by a gun.

this prof is a disgusting asshole and is a perfect example of the left wing anti gun nutters.

His problem is that the children of NRA members would be armed and defend themselves. Unless of course, they were stripped of self defense. Then they could be shot. Before they could be shot, they would have to be disarmed, which is what the NRA says all the time.

Yes. Hell of a thing.

-Geaux

That is either an ignorant statement, or an outright lie! The NRA has been in favor of legislation for many years that would identify mental cases better before letting them buy a gun. Generally, what the NRA teaches saves many, many lives.

-Geaux

That is either an ignorant statement, or an outright lie! The NRA has been in favor of legislation for many years that would identify mental cases better before letting them buy a gun. Generally, what the NRA teaches saves many, many lives.

Keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally unstable isn't a gun rights issue. It's a civil rights issue which is why it can't be done. The NRA would identify mental cases before they could get their hands on a gun legally. Which puts the NRA smack in the middle of a discrimination claim. Of course, even the worst mental case could get a gun illegally. So legal gun owners better remain at the ready at all times.

His point is valid. When the sons & daughters of gun nutters get slaughtered by mass murderers whose easy access to guns assisted in their blood-soaked act, their attitude changes.

It's another version of "there are no atheists in fox holes".

Listen gun nutters. Australia, Canada and the UK all have strict gun control and far less gun violence. If we adopt some version of their laws, we will have less gun violence.

It's your fault that we have so much gun violence.

Nope. If you take minorities out of the equation, the US gun violence statistics fall in line with Europe's even with the sheer number of guns in America. Now do you really want to have the conversation about that little factor?

Forum List

Back