🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

University Removes Scale From Gym: 'Scales Are Very Triggering'

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Trigger Alert!! Snowflake Alert!!! Snowflake Alert!! Trigger Alert!!
Grab your participation trophy and run to a gender neutral safe space!!!
DO IT NOW!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Athletics removes weight scale from Carleton gym – The Charlatan, Carleton's independent newspaper
Carleton Athletics has decided to remove the scale from the gym.

A sign where the scale used to be stated it was removed to encourage people to focus on other ways of measuring their health beyond just their weight.

The sign stated the decision to remove the scale is “in keeping with current fitness and social trends.”
Samar El Faki, a first-year student in the enriched support program, said in a Facebook message that she was appalled at some of the comments.

El Faki said she believes removing the scale is a valid request to accommodate people with eating disorders.

“Scales are very triggering,” she said. “I think people are being insensitive because they simply don’t understand. They think eating disorders are a choice when they are actually a serious illness.”​

Seems to me that the "current trend" is to become a lazy, obese slob then claim you're an activist for "body positivity". I think they should bring back the damn scale, and fire the moronic teacher(s) who removed it.

What say you?

Seriously, if I'm trying to lose weight through an exercise program, how am I supposed to do that if I don't have access to a scale at the gym?

What's the next step, elimination of scales at doctor's offices?

It seems that stupidity is a disease which is highly catching.

Liberals, you are to blame for this so it's on you to stop this.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Athletics removes weight scale from Carleton gym – The Charlatan, Carleton's independent newspaper

A sign where the scale used to be stated it was removed to encourage people to focus on other ways of measuring their health beyond just their weight.

The sign stated the decision to remove the scale is “in keeping with current fitness and social trends.”
Samar El Faki, a first-year student in the enriched support program, said in a Facebook message that she was appalled at some of the comments.

El Faki said she believes removing the scale is a valid request to accommodate people with eating disorders.

“Scales are very triggering,” she said. “I think people are being insensitive because they simply don’t understand. They think eating disorders are a choice when they are actually a serious illness.”​

Seems to me that the "current trend" is to become a lazy, obese slob then claim you're an activist for "body positivity". I think they should bring back the damn scale, and fire the moronic teacher(s) who removed it.

What say you?
Typical liberal. they want to be fat they just don't want you telling them they are fat.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

What say you?
Thats actually pretty valid all snowflakes aside. I was told that i was overweight because I am 220 and 6'2". I'm solid muscle and an athlete. How am I overweight?

Their reasoning may not make sense, but can't you just weigh yourself on a bathroom scale when you get home? :dunno:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

What say you?

It seems to me that the current trend is for every whiny mentally unbalanced persons to use any excuse to feel "triggered and to blame their failures on others.

Anyone who actually cares about the health and well-being of a Fat Fat Fatty should encourage them to lose weight. Not weighing oneself doesn't make the Fat Fat Fat melt away.

Last edited:
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

What say you?

I think they should stop giving out grades too.

In fact everyone should pass....regardless.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

What say you?

I think they should stop giving out grades too.

In fact everyone should pass....regardless.
I agree. An F- is very triggering. Could possibly cause overeating.

[/QUOTE]I was told that i was overweight because I am 220 and 6'2". I'm solid muscle and an athlete. How am I overweight?[/QUOTE]
Capture.PNG

Fat Ass.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

What say you?

They think correctly. Faki does not. Stuffing food in your mouth then plopping down on the couch will make you fat. Moderate eating and exercise is the sensible choice. < It is a choice, see?

Seriously, if I'm trying to lose weight through an exercise program, how am I supposed to do that if I don't have access to a scale at the gym?

WTF does your political bent have to do with this? Pretty stupid. Nobody is forcing anyone to weigh themselves. BMI is a better indication of fitness anyway.

WTF does your political bent have to do with this? Pretty stupid. Nobody is forcing anyone to weigh themselves. BMI is a better indication of fitness anyway.
BMI is not an indicator of an individual's fitness.

Neither is weight. But leanness is more indicative of fitness. Don't see too many fat people running marathons.

Yeah well all terrorists aren't Muslims either but it sure is a pretty accurate starting place.
You know absolutely nothing about physical fitness.

Forum List

Back