Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Too many leftist DC infiltrators in northern VA. Time to shove these traitors back into Maryland.

Yyyyyyeah, you're in Missouri. You worry about how your city got moved to Kansas by presidential Sharpie and let Virginia be Virginia.
Half of my city IS in Kansas - idiot.

Even I know from over a thousand miles away that that's a different city.

If I live in Columbus Georgia can I go vote in the mayor election in Columbus Ohio?
You're too stupid to be voting anywhere.

Think of that when you're trying to figure out why you can't go to a polling place in Missouri and vote for the mayor of Kansas City Kansas.
WTF does that have to do with anything.

Yyyyyyeah, you're in Missouri. You worry about how your city got moved to Kansas by presidential Sharpie and let Virginia be Virginia.

If I live in Columbus Georgia can I go vote in the mayor election in Columbus Ohio?

Think of that when you're trying to figure out why you can't go to a polling place in Missouri and vote for the mayor of Kansas City Kansas.

You tell me -- you're the one who just tried to tell us KCK and KCMO are the same thing. :dunno:

And he was right about that. Ask a black person. Ask four thousand lynching victims or ballplayers confined to the Negro Leagues or those forced to the back of the bus and the colored waiting room. Ask those harassed by the Ku Klux Klan. Ask Wynton Marsalis.

I'll admit here I had to look up "revanchism" (spell check doesn't know it) but yes it applies to the UDC running around 'marking their territory' in untold numbers of communities who didn't ask for their droppings, so thanks for that.

And he was right about that too. You're the one wailing and screaming about a statue that he didn't want put there finally being taken down, so it's you spitting in his face about that.

OK, point taken. Not all of them are statues. Let's go with "memorial fetishists" as more broad. I stand corrected.

America has and still does accept Southern Pride as a healthy part of the Greater American culture adn heritage. Your denial of the last 150 years of American history is delusional.

13841r.jpg

Yeah I would know NOTHING about Southern history from my home in North Carolina and my roots in Mississippi and South Carolina. Wouldn't have a clue.

Where are you again?

Norther rust belt city, and yes, I obviously know more than you.

Do you recognize where that photo is from?

Yes, I've had to drive through there a few times. It's a pain in the ass.

So, how do you deny my point about the nation as a whole, accepting the South's celebration of their confederate past?

And why?

We did that. Yesterday.

You tell me -- you're the one who just tried to tell us KCK and KCMO are the same thing. :dunno:
They are. It's all one big metro area. It's called Kansas City.

America has and still does accept Southern Pride as a healthy part of the Greater American culture adn heritage. Your denial of the last 150 years of American history is delusional.

13841r.jpg

Yeah I would know NOTHING about Southern history from my home in North Carolina and my roots in Mississippi and South Carolina. Wouldn't have a clue.

Where are you again?

So, how do you deny my point about the nation as a whole, accepting the South's celebration of their confederate past?

And why?

We did that. Yesterday.

No, I caught that you denied it, but I was unable to understand what you based your claim on, AND that question is even more pointed, now that you have admitted to knowing about the Blue and Gray Reunion(s).

And why?

Where are you again?

And why?

We did that. Yesterday.

No, I caught that you denied it, but I was unable to understand what you based your claim on, AND that question is even more pointed, now that you have admitted to knowing about the Blue and Gray Reunion(s).

And why?

Again, I laid all that out (the question of the nation "accepting" the Lost Cause revisionism) back in post 337. You dismissed it. I referred back to it again, you dismissed it again. Then I re-copied the whole thing and you dismissed it a third time.

What's the point going on with this game?

I do know about the Blue and Grey Reunion thingy but I was referring to the place, since you asked "where that picture is from". Gettysburg is a small town, it should be a quick trip through but can be a pain in the ass to drive through due to tourist traffic. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone goes to a battle that is known to have ended a century and a half ago. What do they expect to see? Ghosts? That shit should be buried and forgotten. Or paved over for a mall, whatever. Glorifying war has never worked in any constructive way. That a battle took place on some spot ought to be an obscure arcane bit of trivia. Maybe a single marker and that's it, not an exploitation industry.

Filthy Democrats always act like the Taliban when they get power.

Shame on the Moon Bats in Virginia for electing the butt pirates.

And why?

We did that. Yesterday.

And why?

Again, I laid all that out (the question of the nation "accepting" the Lost Cause revisionism) back in post 337. You dismissed it. I referred back to it again, you dismissed it again. Then I re-copied the whole thing and you dismissed it a third time.

I do know about the Blue and Grey Reunion thingy but I was referring to the place, since you asked "where that picture is from". Gettysburg is a small town, it should be a quick trip through but can be a pain in the ass to drive through due to tourist traffic. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone goes to a battle that is known to have ended a century and a half ago. What do they expect to see? Ghosts? That shit should be buried and forgotten. Or paved over for a mall, whatever. Glorifying war has never worked in any constructive way. That a battle took place on some spot ought to be an obscure arcane bit of trivia. Maybe a single marker and that's it, not an exploitation industry.

I didn't dismiss it. I pointed out that it was a series of events that you could not just assume were related in some fashion.

Meanwhile I have the historical record of a national policy of reconciliation, that we see enacted in the history books and played out if the healing of the wounds of the war and generations of unity and respect for each others cultures and heritage, under the larger shared American culture.

THat photos is from a massive joint Union/Confederate Army reunion, where the soldiers of the South, that you people want to treat as though they were still hated traitors, were treated as fellow Americans united by their history of service,

BY THE VERY PEOPLE THAT FOUGHT THEM.

SO, I repeat my question. How do you deny that America has accepted this as a whole, for the last 5 generations?

And why?

We did that. Yesterday.

And why?

I didn't dismiss it. I pointed out that it was a series of events that you could not just assume were related in some fashion.

Meanwhile I have the historical record of a national policy of reconciliation, that we see enacted in the history books and played out if the healing of the wounds of the war and generations of unity and respect for each others cultures and heritage, under the larger shared American culture.

THat photos is from a massive joint Union/Confederate Army reunion, where the soldiers of the South, that you people want to treat as though they were still hated traitors, were treated as fellow Americans united by their history of service,

SO, I repeat my question. How do you deny that America has accepted this as a whole, for the last 5 generations?

Once again --- you're trying to counter arguments that I did not make.

It's not, and never has been, my position that Confederates were "hated traitors" or that the South is "hated" or whatever. Hell, that's my own family and current residence you're talking about.

RATHER, my position is that the UDC and Lost Cause Cult is a dishonest historical revision and needs to be called out AS a dishonest historical revision. That's what I've been laying down all along.

That litany of misery I spelled out in 337 is a result and co-conspirator NOT of "Confederates" or of "Southerners" but of that very revisionism noted directly above. It's intentionally deceitful propaganda and it needs to go yesterday. Unfortunately yesterday has passed, so we act today. And by "we" I mean the various communities that had that propaganda laid on them that they never asked for.

The UDC specifically, it's worth noting, derived from the old money class, in other words the same 'indolent plantter class' that incited the War in the first place. That's got a lot to do with why they tried to whitewash it. I see the "War between the States" as very much a "war within the states" (of the Confederacy) and I've continued to point that out as well, that is, a class war. An age-old story of the Haves sending the Have Nots to do their dirty work. That's a story that needs to be told as well, and it's clouded and obscured every time the LCC foments this hallucination history that spits on the legacy of those who resisted the Confederacy. From inside it.

Last edited:

And why?

We did that. Yesterday.

And why?

It's not, and never has been, my position that Confederates were "hated traitors" or that the South is "hated" or whatever. Hell, that's my own family and current residence you're talking about.

RATHER, my position is that the UDC and Lost Cause Cult is a dishonest historical revision and needs to be called out AS a dishonest historical revision. That's what I've been laying down all along.

That litany of misery I spelled out in 337 is a result and co-conspirator NOT of "Confederates" or of "Southerners" but of that very revisionism noted directly above. It's intentionally deceitful propaganda and it needs to go yesterday. Unfortunately yesterday has passed, so we act today. And by "we" I mean the various communities that had that propaganda laid on them that they never asked for.

The UDC specifically, it's worth noting, derived from the old money class, in other words the same 'indolent plantter class' that incited the War in the first place. That's got a lot to do with why they tried to whitewash it. I see the "War between the States" as very much a "war within the Confederacy" and I've continued to point that out as well, that is, a class war. An age-old story of the Haves sending the Have Nots to do their dirty work. That's a story that needs to be told as well.

The vast majority of people that support the historical statues and/or fly the Confederate flag as a symbol of regional pride, are not supporters of the Lost Cause movement, but simply southerns who are proud of their culture and heritage.

I've made that point before. I thought we were past that. You are conflating vastly different groups.

They can never eliminate him from history and they don't have to have statues and monuments of the traitors either.
Of course they can and they should not remove moments to a brave warrior.

They should remove monuments of a traitor.

Okay, so remove all monuments to Obama.

Then what?

Why would we need to do that, Pres Obama didn't take up arms against the United States.

You want to remove monuments to a traitor. The fuckwad faggot who gave Iran pallets of cash to fund terrorism and nuclear weapons to be used against America is the biggest traitor in history.

Dumb ass Pres Obama gave Iran back THEIR money that the United States had promised to give back. Stop coming on here spewing that right wing propaganda put out by idiots like Hannity and Limpbaugh.

We did that. Yesterday.

And why?

The UDC specifically, it's worth noting, derived from the old money class, in other words the same 'indolent plantter class' that incited the War in the first place. That's got a lot to do with why they tried to whitewash it. I see the "War between the States" as very much a "war within the Confederacy" and I've continued to point that out as well, that is, a class war. An age-old story of the Haves sending the Have Nots to do their dirty work. That's a story that needs to be told as well.

The vast majority of people that support the historical statues and/or fly the Confederate flag as a symbol of regional pride, are not supporters of the Lost Cause movement, but simply southerns who are proud of their culture and heritage.

I've made that point before. I thought we were past that. You are conflating vastly different groups.

Except I'm not conflating them. YOU are.

They should remove monuments of a traitor.

Okay, so remove all monuments to Obama.

Then what?
It's an attack on our history that must be preserved for future generations warts and all.

Here we are in a civil war again. What was that about those who fail to learn from history?

The Antebellum South was a horrible society. Feudalism where a tiny monied elite had absolute control of state governments and preyed on the populace at large. Georgia with the small holder act that allowed large plantations to literally steal land from small farmers. Poor whites fared worse than black slaves. I have nothing good to say about the south. BUT erasing history is what the Taliban and other tyrants do.

Poor whites fared worse than black slaves, Smfh. That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made on this message board.

You are an ignorant and uneducated bigot, which is why you're a Marxist democrat.

Black slaves were fed, lodged, and had basic medical care.

Poor white starved to death and died of exposure on a fairly regular basis. Because you are a racist, you seek to erase reality and replace it with your hatred.

{
As poor white Isaac Grimes remembered about the late-1850s, employment opportunities were “awful scarce. Couldn’t hardly get work [and] wages [were] so low – I have worked that time for $5.00 a month and board. Worked with oxens, all could get for work.” Another laborer from Georgia complained that “the slaveholders could get the slave for almost nothing and the poor young men like myself, could not get a job.”2

Indeed, poor white southerners not only possessed class consciousness, but as the antebellum period wore on, they became overtly resentful of slaveholders. With their labor rendered almost unnecessary, some poor whites chose to drop out of society altogether, living off the land and often running afoul of the law. Others struggled to make ends meet with occasional odd jobs. Yet the prevalence of slave hiring in the 1840s and 50s further exacerbated class tensions, just as an influx of impoverished white immigrants into southern cities intensified racial tensions.}

Poor Whites and the Labor Crisis in the Slave South – LAWCHA

Yes SLAVES were treated so well, as if, they were living at Mara La Go. Slaves were maimed, beaten, raped, starved, families were torn apart and I could go on. You are an ignorant racist spewing right wing propaganda.

And why?

Except I'm not conflating them. YOU are.

I know you are, but what am I?

They don’t honor Nazis in Germany
They moved on

Completely different situations, are treated completely differently? What a shock.

My point was about Pogo's claim that the memorials were put up to somehow support White Supremacy instead of the normal reasons communities put up memorials..

--- Which they were, and not by the communities but by (primarily) the UDC who were on a massive propaganda campaign, a larger part of which involved screening and rewriting American history books in the South, as noted earlier. These communities neither erected these monuments nor did they ask for them; they were DONATED by the UDC after THEY commissioned and purchased them.

Just like the written records of the bases of secession of the various Confederate states that specifically refer to the continuation of Slavery as their reasoning, this rhetoric leaves little doubt as to what the intention was.

Hundreds of memorials over generations of time, spread over populations in the tens of millions?

You finding a few racists quotes does not prove anything.

And why do you keep using the abbreviation, UDC, instead of saying who they actually were? The United Daughters of the Confederacy.

For over 5 generations, America as a whole has accepted the South's celebration of it's heritage and culture as part of the larger American culture and heritage.

That you libs have decided at this late date, that suddenly Southern Whites are not allowed to be proud of their heritage and culture, is you being divisive.

Why do you want to tear this nation apart?

Most folks who disagreed with these racist traitors being honored didn't have a voice until now.

You are FAR more racist than Robert E. Lee, who never owned a slave in his life, was. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson said "Slavery is an abomination in the eyes of almighty God."

Because you are stupid, a racist, and an ignorant bigot, you seek to erase history - not just through the DNC Taliban destroying artwork, but also the facts of history.

Lee took up arms against the United States of America you ignorant fool. Stop reading His-Story and learn some real damn history for a change.

Lee personally owned slaves that he inherited upon the death of his mother, Ann Lee, in 1829. (His son, Robert E. Lee Jr., gave the number as three or four families.) Following the death of his father-in-law, George Washington Parke Custis, in 1857, Lee assumed command...

Myths & Misunderstandings | Lee as a slaveholder ...
acwm.org/blog/myths-misunderstandings-lee-slaveholder

Completely different situations, are treated completely differently? What a shock.

My point was about Pogo's claim that the memorials were put up to somehow support White Supremacy instead of the normal reasons communities put up memorials..

--- Which they were, and not by the communities but by (primarily) the UDC who were on a massive propaganda campaign, a larger part of which involved screening and rewriting American history books in the South, as noted earlier. These communities neither erected these monuments nor did they ask for them; they were DONATED by the UDC after THEY commissioned and purchased them.

Just like the written records of the bases of secession of the various Confederate states that specifically refer to the continuation of Slavery as their reasoning, this rhetoric leaves little doubt as to what the intention was.

Hundreds of memorials over generations of time, spread over populations in the tens of millions?

You finding a few racists quotes does not prove anything.

And why do you keep using the abbreviation, UDC, instead of saying who they actually were? The United Daughters of the Confederacy.

For over 5 generations, America as a whole has accepted the South's celebration of it's heritage and culture as part of the larger American culture and heritage.

That you libs have decided at this late date, that suddenly Southern Whites are not allowed to be proud of their heritage and culture, is you being divisive.

Why do you want to tear this nation apart?

Most folks who disagreed with these racist traitors being honored didn't have a voice until now.

You are FAR more racist than Robert E. Lee, who never owned a slave in his life, was. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson said "Slavery is an abomination in the eyes of almighty God."

Because you are stupid, a racist, and an ignorant bigot, you seek to erase history - not just through the DNC Taliban destroying artwork, but also the facts of history.

Lee took up arms against the United States of America you ignorant fool. Stop reading His-Story and learn some real damn history for a change.

Lee personally owned slaves that he inherited upon the death of his mother, Ann Lee, in 1829. (His son, Robert E. Lee Jr., gave the number as three or four families.) Following the death of his father-in-law, George Washington Parke Custis, in 1857, Lee assumed command...

Myths & Misunderstandings | Lee as a slaveholder ...
acwm.org/blog/myths-misunderstandings-lee-slaveholder

Lee got rid of the slaves and lost the war. YOu are still in full traitor and racist mode, so, uncensored's point could still be pretty much on.

This title is just so bizarre to me. Don’t Republicans here on the USMB understand that the Confederates were traitors which means they were unpatriotic?

Yes, Confederate Democrats were traitors. However, back in 1872 Congress passed the Amnesty Act, which reversed most of the penalties imposed on former Confederates, and pardoned most of Confederate troops, all in order to stabilize the country.

And now, you lefties are trying to destroy history of the South, which is your history, because it doesn't really portray Democrat party that is pretending to be today.
Back then the Democrats were the southern conservatives and the Republicans were the northern liberals. Today it’s the Democrats who are the southern conservatives. And we know what that means.

EQvoEOLWsAEtDh2

Lying as always deantard?

From the days of Andrew Jackson who founded the shameful democrats unto today, democrats have promoted a centralized and powerful government, have been racist, first against the Indians, then against blacks, now against whites, and have infringed the liberty of others.

democrats are as stupid as the retarded twin when confronted by his mother: "Billy, you raped your sister last year" to which Billy says "Nuhn Uhn, I was Bobby then and Bobby was Billy so I'm innocent and Bobby is guilty."

You're a fucking retard, a liar, and a scumbag; which are your virtues...

Oh good. Pothead is here. The Minister of Mendacity. I figured it out from all the posts written to invisible Ignorami.

Guess what Pothead, speaking of liars, you're wrong on this too. Andrew Jackson didn't found the Democratic Party. He was in fact the last elected POTUS to attain the WH without a party. The founder of the DP, that would be one Martin van Buren.

I see you've been schooled on your "Lee never owned a slave in his life" so that'll do for now.

Cheers.

/offtopic

This title is just so bizarre to me. Don’t Republicans here on the USMB understand that the Confederates were traitors which means they were unpatriotic?

Yes, Confederate Democrats were traitors. However, back in 1872 Congress passed the Amnesty Act, which reversed most of the penalties imposed on former Confederates, and pardoned most of Confederate troops, all in order to stabilize the country.

And now, you lefties are trying to destroy history of the South, which is your history, because it doesn't really portray Democrat party that is pretending to be today.
Back then the Democrats were the southern conservatives and the Republicans were the northern liberals. Today it’s the Democrats who are the southern conservatives. And we know what that means.

EQvoEOLWsAEtDh2

From the days of Andrew Jackson who founded the shameful democrats unto today, democrats have promoted a centralized and powerful government, have been racist, first against the Indians, then against blacks, now against whites, and have infringed the liberty of others.

democrats are as stupid as the retarded twin when confronted by his mother: "Billy, you raped your sister last year" to which Billy says "Nuhn Uhn, I was Bobby then and Bobby was Billy so I'm innocent and Bobby is guilty."

Oh good. Pothead is here. The Minister of Mendacity. I figured it out from all the posts written to invisible Ignorami.

Guess what Pothead, speaking of liars, you're wrong on this too. Andrew Jackson didn't found the Democratic Party. He was in fact the last elected POTUS to attain the WH without a party. The founder of the DP, that would be one Martin van Buren.

I see you've been schooled on your "Lee never owned a slave in his life" so that'll do for now.

Cheers.

/offtopic

Lee lost, and surrendered and then became post war, a symbol of reconciliation between the North and South.

You are working to tear the nation apart, for reasons you won't admit.

EQvoEOLWsAEtDh2

Cheers.

/offtopic

Lee lost, and surrendered and then became post war, a symbol of reconciliation between the North and South.

I agree with that. As I already noted repeatedly, Lee did *NOT* approve of statues and monuments. As I've said in the past, those who use Robert E. Lee for their own self-serving purposes by putting propaganda in the mouth of a deceased man who can't speak for himself, DIShonor his wishes by doing that, and those statues should be accompanied by a plaque reading "General Lee specifically told us not to do this, but fuck him, we've got propaganda to sell".

You are working to tear the nation apart, for reasons you won't admit.

See above for a clue to who's doing the tearing apart, and for another thing --- why would I be "tearing apart" my own residence?

And please explain on what basis we should erect statues of people in spite of their specific requests to NOT do so.

Forum List

Back