Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Yep. And Lee specifically said not to run around putting up statues. Way to 'honor' the guy huh.
Lee said he could not "raise a sword against his native Virginia." Now Virginia communist party wants to eliminate him from history. Stalinist.

They can never eliminate him from history and they don't have to have statues and monuments of the traitors either.
Of course they can and they should not remove moments to a brave warrior.

They should remove monuments of a traitor.

Okay, so remove all monuments to Obama.

Then what?
It's an attack on our history that must be preserved for future generations warts and all.

Lee said he could not "raise a sword against his native Virginia." Now Virginia communist party wants to eliminate him from history. Stalinist.

They can never eliminate him from history and they don't have to have statues and monuments of the traitors either.

Then what?
It's an attack on our history that must be preserved for future generations warts and all.

Here we are in a civil war again. What was that about those who fail to learn from history?

The Antebellum South was a horrible society. Feudalism where a tiny monied elite had absolute control of state governments and preyed on the populace at large. Georgia with the small holder act that allowed large plantations to literally steal land from small farmers. Poor whites fared worse than black slaves. I have nothing good to say about the south. BUT erasing history is what the Taliban and other tyrants do.

And you move to hide that fact that even you cannot defend Superbrothers absurd claim that genocide and slavery are the same thing.

Liberals such as yourselfs, are motivated by racism and bigotry, in your refusal to allow Southern Whites the Right to celebrate their heritage and culture.

You know this, which is why you are so dishonest.
Has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

The topic is that Virginia wants to end a holiday honoring men who led Armies to ensure the continuation of slavery

EXACTLY.

Who in their right minds would want a holiday commemorating men who attacked the union, fought for the right own humans, and then lost the war. You don't commemorate losers. You don't commemorate traitors. And you don't commemorate slavers.

I can't seem to recall a statue of Hirohito in Hawaii. Or of Mussolini in Macedonia. Or Hitler in Holland. :eusa_think:

Can you recall Mao ornament on White House's Christmas tree?

Oh, you mean number four on the list of Dopiest Butthurt Over the Scary-Black-Man-In-the-White-House Whines?

Know what I don't remember? That time Mao led an armed insurrection against the United States.

Must say, I was disappointed in that list as it doesn't mention "waaah, does O'bama know who Snooki is or not" or "waaah, O'bama's not wearing a flag pin", let alone the Fox Noise "White House Hip Hop Barbecue" scary-black-man story. Of course it is Fox Noise, home of the "Hillary Southern Accent" charade, so that sort of shit is to be expected on a daily basis, especially when there are scary black people to exploit.

Now you're mind reader. Or have I touched your soft spot.

No I don't mean THAT.

I stated that you lefties have no problem with communists killing millions, it doesn't bother you at all, you defend them, even praise them, their monuments are not bothering you, why would they, since they're your monuments after all. You want communism here, because that is what you are. Yo accept no individualism,you have herd mentality, you're collectivist, you praised Kenyan for all that and you can't stand anyone who threaten to take it away, or even challenge it.

Yep. And Lee specifically said not to run around putting up statues. Way to 'honor' the guy huh.

Then what?
Monuments to Obama? Where are they? I haven’t seen any.

Has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

The topic is that Virginia wants to end a holiday honoring men who led Armies to ensure the continuation of slavery

EXACTLY.

Who in their right minds would want a holiday commemorating men who attacked the union, fought for the right own humans, and then lost the war. You don't commemorate losers. You don't commemorate traitors. And you don't commemorate slavers.

I can't seem to recall a statue of Hirohito in Hawaii. Or of Mussolini in Macedonia. Or Hitler in Holland. :eusa_think:

Oh, you mean number four on the list of Dopiest Butthurt Over the Scary-Black-Man-In-the-White-House Whines?

Know what I don't remember? That time Mao led an armed insurrection against the United States.

Must say, I was disappointed in that list as it doesn't mention "waaah, does O'bama know who Snooki is or not" or "waaah, O'bama's not wearing a flag pin", let alone the Fox Noise "White House Hip Hop Barbecue" scary-black-man story. Of course it is Fox Noise, home of the "Hillary Southern Accent" charade, so that sort of shit is to be expected on a daily basis, especially when there are scary black people to exploit.

No I don't mean THAT.

I stated that you lefties have no problem with communists killing millions, it doesn't bother you at all, you defend them, even praise them, their monuments are not bothering you, why would they, since they're your monuments after all. You want communism here, because that is what you are. Yo accept no individualism,you have herd mentality, you're collectivist, you praised Kenyan for all that and you can't stand anyone who threaten to take it away, or even challenge it.

That's a very amusing glue-fume inspired rant, but it doesn't address any point at all. Nor is it in any way relevant to this thread in the foggiest wisp of a hint of a shadow of a way.

This title is just so bizarre to me. Don’t Republicans here on the USMB understand that the Confederates were traitors which means they were unpatriotic?

EXACTLY.

No I don't mean THAT.

That's a very amusing glue-fume inspired rant, but it doesn't address any point at all. Nor is it in any way relevant to this thread in the foggiest wisp of a hint of a shadow of a way.

And your link is relevant to the thread? How?

No I don't mean THAT.

Beats the fuck outta me. You asked about a Mao ornament that some community group put on a Xmas tree and it was about that. Dafuck did a Xmas tree ornament have to do with the thread?

This title is just so bizarre to me. Don’t Republicans here on the USMB understand that the Confederates were traitors which means they were unpatriotic?

Yes, Confederate Democrats were traitors. However, back in 1872 Congress passed the Amnesty Act, which reversed most of the penalties imposed on former Confederates, and pardoned most of Confederate troops, all in order to stabilize the country.

And now, you lefties are trying to destroy history of the South, which is your history, because it doesn't really portray Democrat party that is pretending to be today.

No I don't mean THAT.

Beats the fuck outta me. You asked about a Mao ornament that some community group put on a Xmas tree and it was about that. Dafuck did a Xmas tree ornament have to do with the thread?

Mention of Mao ornament is as relevant as statue of Mussolini in Macedonia which you mentioned in the post I replied to.

Then what?

Why would we need to do that, Pres Obama didn't take up arms against the United States.

Then what?

No, it's not honoring men who DON'T DESERVE to be honored.

Then what?

Here we are in a civil war again. What was that about those who fail to learn from history?

The Antebellum South was a horrible society. Feudalism where a tiny monied elite had absolute control of state governments and preyed on the populace at large. Georgia with the small holder act that allowed large plantations to literally steal land from small farmers. Poor whites fared worse than black slaves. I have nothing good to say about the south. BUT erasing history is what the Taliban and other tyrants do.

Poor whites fared worse than black slaves, Smfh. That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made on this message board.

The UDC? The United Daughters of the Confederacy?

Sure. 30 years out from the war, the children of those that fought, wanted to honor their parents.

Makes complete sense.

I plan to take my daughter to see the WWII memorial in April, to honor my Father, her Grandfather.

Makes complete sense to me.

WHat part of this does not make sense to you?

Well Homer I guess it's the part where you want to act stupid by going :lalala: over a post that already explained all this shit.

Children honor their fathers. At least in healthy societies. That was my point, you post a link, claiming it showed a peak in the 50s and 60s., while instead your link showed the peak a good 40 or 50 years earlier.

I'm skimmed the post. I saw the standard assertions, but no explanation as to why you assume ideological motivation instead of personal and historical.
They don’t honor Nazis in Germany
They moved on

Completely different situations, are treated completely differently? What a shock.

My point was about Pogo's claim that the memorials were put up to somehow support White Supremacy instead of the normal reasons communities put up memorials..

--- Which they were, and not by the communities but by (primarily) the UDC who were on a massive propaganda campaign, a larger part of which involved screening and rewriting American history books in the South, as noted earlier. These communities neither erected these monuments nor did they ask for them; they were DONATED by the UDC after THEY commissioned and purchased them.

Just like the written records of the bases of secession of the various Confederate states that specifically refer to the continuation of Slavery as their reasoning, this rhetoric leaves little doubt as to what the intention was.

Hundreds of memorials over generations of time, spread over populations in the tens of millions?

You finding a few racists quotes does not prove anything.

And why do you keep using the abbreviation, UDC, instead of saying who they actually were? The United Daughters of the Confederacy.

For over 5 generations, America as a whole has accepted the South's celebration of it's heritage and culture as part of the larger American culture and heritage.

That you libs have decided at this late date, that suddenly Southern Whites are not allowed to be proud of their heritage and culture, is you being divisive.

Why do you want to tear this nation apart?

Well Homer I guess it's the part where you want to act stupid by going :lalala: over a post that already explained all this shit.

Children honor their fathers. At least in healthy societies. That was my point, you post a link, claiming it showed a peak in the 50s and 60s., while instead your link showed the peak a good 40 or 50 years earlier.

I'm skimmed the post. I saw the standard assertions, but no explanation as to why you assume ideological motivation instead of personal and historical.
They moved on

Completely different situations, are treated completely differently? What a shock.

My point was about Pogo's claim that the memorials were put up to somehow support White Supremacy instead of the normal reasons communities put up memorials..

--- Which they were, and not by the communities but by (primarily) the UDC who were on a massive propaganda campaign, a larger part of which involved screening and rewriting American history books in the South, as noted earlier. These communities neither erected these monuments nor did they ask for them; they were DONATED by the UDC after THEY commissioned and purchased them.

Just like the written records of the bases of secession of the various Confederate states that specifically refer to the continuation of Slavery as their reasoning, this rhetoric leaves little doubt as to what the intention was.

Hundreds of memorials over generations of time, spread over populations in the tens of millions?

And why do you keep using the abbreviation, UDC, instead of saying who they actually were? The United Daughters of the Confederacy.

For over 5 generations, America as a whole has accepted the South's celebration of it's heritage and culture as part of the larger American culture and heritage.

That you libs have decided at this late date, that suddenly Southern Whites are not allowed to be proud of their heritage and culture, is you being divisive.

Most folks who disagreed with these racist traitors being honored didn't have a voice until now.

They moved on

Most folks who disagreed with these racist traitors being honored didn't have a voice until now.

1. Who did not have a voice, in the...1980s, for example? Perhaps they d"id not have a voice" because they knew that no one else cared and so they, all 5 of them, just accepted that society had moved on from past division and were living happily ever after and that was something they could not stop.

2. And their being pissed off, does not mean they have a right to stop some other group from celebrating their culture and heritage. The basis of Multiculturalism, is that all cultures are equal and deserve respect and tolerance. We cannot have the Multicultural Utopia of every culture living in harmony and happiness, if we do not do that. Are you arguing against Multiculturalism and Diversity?

Then what?

Why would we need to do that, Pres Obama didn't take up arms against the United States.

You want to remove monuments to a traitor. The fuckwad faggot who gave Iran pallets of cash to fund terrorism and nuclear weapons to be used against America is the biggest traitor in history.

No I don't mean THAT.

Mention of Mao ornament is as relevant as statue of Mussolini in Macedonia which you mentioned in the post I replied to.

"Mao ornament" does not follow the alliteration of "Mussolini in Macedonia". That's number one.

Number two, the big one, is that Mussolini was an invader in Macedonia while Mao was not an invader on a Christmas tree. The point obviously being, Macedonia (and Holland, and Hawaii) didn't allow statues of an enemy to be put up on its own land, unlike the way hundreds of UDC sites did.

Yes, Confederate Democrats were traitors. However, back in 1872 Congress passed the Amnesty Act, which reversed most of the penalties imposed on former Confederates, and pardoned most of Confederate troops, all in order to stabilize the country.

And now, you lefties are trying to destroy history of the South, which is your history, because it doesn't really portray Democrat party that is pretending to be today.
Back then the Democrats were the southern conservatives and the Republicans were the northern liberals. Today it’s the Democrats who are the southern conservatives. And we know what that means.

EQvoEOLWsAEtDh2

Then what?

Poor whites fared worse than black slaves, Smfh. That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made on this message board.

You are an ignorant and uneducated bigot, which is why you're a Marxist democrat.

Black slaves were fed, lodged, and had basic medical care.

Poor white starved to death and died of exposure on a fairly regular basis. Because you are a racist, you seek to erase reality and replace it with your hatred.

{
As poor white Isaac Grimes remembered about the late-1850s, employment opportunities were “awful scarce. Couldn’t hardly get work [and] wages [were] so low – I have worked that time for $5.00 a month and board. Worked with oxens, all could get for work.” Another laborer from Georgia complained that “the slaveholders could get the slave for almost nothing and the poor young men like myself, could not get a job.”2

Indeed, poor white southerners not only possessed class consciousness, but as the antebellum period wore on, they became overtly resentful of slaveholders. With their labor rendered almost unnecessary, some poor whites chose to drop out of society altogether, living off the land and often running afoul of the law. Others struggled to make ends meet with occasional odd jobs. Yet the prevalence of slave hiring in the 1840s and 50s further exacerbated class tensions, just as an influx of impoverished white immigrants into southern cities intensified racial tensions.}

Poor Whites and the Labor Crisis in the Slave South – LAWCHA

Forum List

Back