🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Urban Education

Kids attending schools in urban districts often face every obstacle to success you can imagine, and many more that you can't. To see kids striving to fulfill their potential despite all that is beyond inspirational.
You don't have to tell me I lived in it. ...

Not like I'm talking about, you didn't.
My parents didn't have jobs when they had me and my bro. My dad's restaurant didn't work out. We lived at home with my grandmother. Like a lot of Detroit blacks my Greek immigrant dad got a job at Ford and we got out. ....

Like I said, not like I'm talking about.
59 65 & 80.

Those are the graduation rates nationally for black males Latino males and white males.

How can we get the blacks number up to the Latino level? What are BLACKS doing wrong and what can be done to improve that?

So what do we do about the kids who have 2 bad parents?
I'd be happy to contribute further, but first you should apologize to Uncle Unkie. :slap:
If his behavior improves and he shows he is able to have a normal conversation, rather than just call me a racist, you'll see I'm capable of having a conversation without insulting him

Stop being a racist and we'l go from there.
I'll try.

So what should we do about kids with two bad parents?

The best we can. But things can be a lot worse than that.

I'd be happy to contribute further, but first you should apologize to Uncle Unkie. :slap:
If his behavior improves and he shows he is able to have a normal conversation, rather than just call me a racist, you'll see I'm capable of having a conversation without insulting him

I'll try.

These young men with 2 bad parents are murdering other black people every day in Detroit. How bad does it have to get before you are willing to give advice?

I really think a serious push to give iud's to any women who are not ready or interested in being parents is a great idea. Free with your obamacare

I'll try.

These young men with 2 bad parents are murdering other black people every day in Detroit. How bad does it have to get before you are willing to give advice?

I really think a serious push to give iud's to any women who are not ready or interested in being parents is a great idea. Free with your obamacare

Birth control is not expensive or difficult to get as it is.

... They insist students try and the parents actually care enough to pull them out of public school and put them in charter.....

Lots of inner city public schools insist students try, and lots of their parents are quite concerned and involved.
But earlier you were talking about the many obstacles we can't imagine. Now you seem to be saying things are fine. Which is it?

I'll try.

Birth control is not expensive or difficult to get as it is.
Iud's are more expensive but more effective and clearly too many women are forgetting to take their pills. Either that or the bad parents we are talking about got pregnant on purpose.

You really have no idea what a racist douche you are.

I'll try.

See, you just can't help yourself.

I would give all young women who aren't ready to reproduce free iud's. Why is it so hard for you to admit those kids who have two bad parents should have never been born? Is telling someone to wear a condom racist?

Kids attending schools in urban districts often face every obstacle to success you can imagine, and many more that you can't. To see kids striving to fulfill their potential despite all that is beyond inspirational.
Did you see some kid from the state wrestling tournament win States or something? Just trying to figure out the one success story that made you feel like you give a rat's ass about improving the shitty community from which they come from. Instead you cheer yourself as they crawl out of the pit.

Or like captain Kirk, interference would be against the prime directive. You just observe and tell yourself what a good man you are.

I recently read that urban education is the toughest path for educators, but also the most important. Agree? Disagree?
Why it it the toughest and most important. Please explain however I must warn everyone I doubt you are able to elaborate much further

I'll try.

See, you just can't help yourself.

I would give all young women who aren't ready to reproduce free iud's. Why is it so hard for you to admit those kids who have two bad parents should have never been born? Is telling someone to wear a condom racist?

Your disdain for human life is noted.

I recently read that urban education is the toughest path for educators, but also the most important. Agree? Disagree?
Why it it the toughest and most important. Please explain....

You're not paying attention.

3 questions

You said, “I recently read that urban education is the toughest path for educators, but also the most important. My first question to you is:

1. Why is it the toughest path? Why are “urban” kids the toughest to educate? And why is it the most important? It’s your thread. Please explain if you are capable.

Then you went on to say, “Kids attending schools in urban districts often face every obstacle to success you can imagine.”

2. What are those obstacles?

Then you go on to say, “Lots of inner city public schools insist students try, and lots of their parents are quite concerned and involved.”

3. Ok so then what’s the problem? Why then are “urban” kids the toughest to educate? And why is educating them the MOST important?

So you are against a push to get people who shouldn’t be parents on the most effective birth control. You want to leave it up to them and just hope they miraculously become intelligent someday and stop making the same mistake generation after generation.

4. How is that working out for us?

OMG! The ACA does cover IUD's. So my question is, why aren't we pushing/educating black women to put them in so they don't keep getting pregnant. Sometimes I think these poor people want to have kids and if that's the case that's child abuse if they aren't going to raise them properly. We need to INSIST that the black community stop being so fucking ghetto. We're the ones who have to deal with their mistake. No excuses anymore. If you are poor, your parents shouldn't have had you. And if you are a criminal, it is your parents fault, not white society.

What types of contraception are covered?
According to the government website healthcare.gov, virtually all conventional methods of birth control are covered by the plan, which means you won't have to give up your favorite method for something else just to receive coverage. According to the site, all Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods prescribed by a woman's doctor are covered, including:

• Barrier methods (used during intercourse), such as diaphragms and sponges
  • Hormonal methods, such as birth control pills and vaginal rings
  • Implanted devices, such as intrauterine devices (IUDs)
  • Emergency contraception, such as the brand names Plan B and Ella
  • Sterilization procedures for women
  • Patient education and counseling

Authorities say a man in his 20s was fatally shot while driving a rental car on Detroit’s west side.

The incident unfolded around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday when the man was shot while driving a gray Mazda rental car on LaSalle Street near West Grand Boulevard.

Police say the man tried driving away but crashed into a couple of parked cars nearby at Linwood Street and West Grand Boulevard.

Investigators are now seeking information on a suspect.

Forum List

Back