US Diplomats are Boycotting the Olympics in China

Meanwhile, we continue to make China a stronger and more dangerous superpower with our insatiable appetite for cheap things and our need to sell them Treasuries. Great job, America.

And no one will care. The bureaucrats aren't going. That would be great policy from here on out.

A couple weeks ago when I called for this and more the lefties on this very board claimed that boycotts had to be done months if not years in advance.

Yet again the left is proven wrong.

Sadly this step is not nearly enough but it's something.
The Olympics in general need to go away.

No one can afford them and it is nothing more than a war of inane political chest thumping to show the world how great they are.

Who can afford the Olympics?

In 2009 when Rio was selected to host the 2016 Olympics, the Brazilian economy was on a song. The GDP grew over 7% (and inflation was 4–5%) - the strongest the Brazilian economy was in decades, maybe. They thought the music will keep going till 2016.

“We won the right to hold the games in what was the best time for Brazil in 50 years and are delivering it in the most complicated during the past 50 years" - Rodrigo Tostes, Director of Operations, Rio 2016
The London Olympics costed around $ 10.4 billion and estimates of Rio are at $ 4.1 billion - which is still a lot of money given where Brazil is today.

The music stopped when the commodity prices started falling and demand for Brazil’s (and others’) goods fell. This is over the corruption scandal that ousted the former president Dilma Rousseff. Today, Brazil is barely breathing - the GDP in negative numbers, inflation very high, wages rising continuously, business & consumer confidences in record lows.

Take a look at how the economy is like -

Inflation is way above the GDP - meaning that Brazil is losing money faster than it is making. Also, notice the falling consumer confidence.

So, no Brazil’s hosting of Olympics is not justified. It is the process that needs to be blamed; probably having two-three cities to host together could be a good idea, how the Cricket World-Cup is conducted normally, to mitigate the risk.

Countries need to bid only with the most pessimistic forecasts of how their economies could fare during the host time. Too much optimism is too dangerous.

Really? The diplomats are boycotting the Olympics? What events were they competing in?
Why would you go to a country that just launched a bioweapon on the world, whether it was on purpose or by accident, and tried to cover it up and not tell the world as they were knowingly spreading it abroad?

How can you deal with a country that is expanding its military and world influence and by all indications is trying to take over the world?

Olympics in Berlin anyone?

Why would you go to a country that just launched a bioweapon on the world, whether it was on purpose or by accident, and tried to cover it up and not tell the world as they were knowingly spreading it abroad?

How can you deal with a country that is expanding its military and world influence and by all indications is trying to take over the world?

He's trying to deflect because he's one of the morons I mentioned in the op lol

This will show those Commie's not to unleash another bioweapon!!

Go Brandon!

#1. Nobody launch a bioweapon. #2. I'm boycotting all 15 hour flights, as there's a pandemic going on, and I'm not competing.
People have accused us of that for years. Didn't bother me. Did it bother you? Or are you just saying I should be shaking in my shoes, out of alarmist panic? Go ahead spread the alarm Paul Revere. One if by Walmart, 2 if by Apple. They're going for the soft underbelly of America!. Panic now, while you stroke our soft underbelly buttons! Get a grip, honey.

Meanwhile, we continue to make China a stronger and more dangerous superpower with our insatiable appetite for cheap things and our need to sell them Treasuries. Great job, America.
Sounds like you are proud of your ccp friends.

Is China perhaps pondering outlawing the export of the rare minerals Xiden has kept from mined in much of the U.S. If not - why not.

Is China perhaps pondering outlawing the export of the rare minerals Xiden has kept from mined in much of the U.S. If not - why not.
What rare mineral might that be?

China is the sole source for heavy rare earths. Light rare earths have another source.
And its really silly you call him Xiden, since he's done nothing at all to benefit China.

Forum List

Back