US economy expanded at 2.4 percent in 4th quarter

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.
Who could afford to hire/keep them? And what about all the others that will want to be well above minimum wage?
-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.
Now I know that you don't know what you're talking about. Many deductions are expenses. Expenses mean you aren't putting the money in your pocket.
-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.
Because taxpayers aren't spending enough on pensions.:cuckoo:
-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.
Why not to 1950 levels? And why 10 years? Wouldn't 50 be better? 1 percenter my ass. No way Jose.

US economy expanded at 2.4 percent in 4th quarter - Salon.com

If you really want to see economic expansion

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

I guess that can work provided you don't mind seeing unemployment double or triple and prices on goods go through the roof.
You mean like in Germany???
Except there, the economy has flourished.

$11.69 is not $23.00, dude. It's barely even half. You blatantly lie. That speaks to low character.

Yes they are, appointed to among other things, control the money supply. And they are selling GOVERNMENT BONDS. Please try to understand the way gov bonds are bought and sold:

There are actually 12 different Federal Reserve Banks around the country, and they are owned by big private banks. But the banks don’t necessarily run the show. Nationally, the Federal Reserve System is led by a Board of Governors whose seven members are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/federal-reserve-bank-ownership/

And that gov. appointed group determines when to buy or sell gov bonds. And they are ONLY able to sell those special bonds. No others, for the purpose of adjusting the economy.
So, no, me boy, they are not private banks. They are, in this function particularly, very much part of the gov.
And no, me boy, they do not create anything out of thin air. They sell bonds. Which are NOT thin air. And, if you believe they are creating inflation, take a look at the history of the FED since 1913. The annual inflation rate has been under 2.5% which is just about where they want it to be. And about the same as before they began selling and buying bonds.

Last edited:
And how is it that the feds go about retuning 100%, let alone more, of what they take in, when they have their legions of bureaucrats to pay first?

Believe it. The one being laughed at here is you, sport. :lol:
I know this is a difficult concept for you me boy. But the gov is not a person. And it can and does create revenue when it needs to. Has for the past century. You may want to read some time. Become less ignorant. You could do that for centuries, based on the massive ignorance you show.
I'm not a boy, chump.

Government creates nothing. It can only take, by way of force, from those who have created something to attain its revenues.

Now run along and play with your People's Cube. :lol:

Except for all the infrastructure.

I know this is a difficult concept for you me boy. But the gov is not a person. And it can and does create revenue when it needs to. Has for the past century. You may want to read some time. Become less ignorant. You could do that for centuries, based on the massive ignorance you show.
I'm not a boy, chump.

Government creates nothing. It can only take, by way of force, from those who have created something to attain its revenues.

They don't even create that.

They only collect bids and award them to contractors in the private sector.

Yes, we did build that! :tongue:

I'm not a boy, chump.

And paid for it, and gave tax deductions/subsidies (aid) to private companies to build.

What about the Army Corps of Engineers?

I'm not a boy, chump.

Jesus, you are stupid. The gov pays, they manage the subcontractors. That is the way it works. Kind of like a major company would if it built a major building. Pays for it. manages sub contractors.
But really, are you that stupid, or did you expect the gov to employ tens of thousands of construction workers waiting to do whatever.
They do, however, sometimes employ workers in cases where the project makes sense to have a dedicated and gov controlled work force.
But, for the most part they hire companies and the workers create. As they always do. Because, you see, government is like corporate management. It does the same functions, but creates nothing. The workers create. However, the gov does no more production than any private management does. Workers produce, or create. Management manages. Government generally only manages.

Your point is????

Last edited:
It's sad how ZeroPercenter celebrates SubPar economic growth. We haven't even gained back all of the jobs last in the recession...five years after it supposedly ended.

It's sad how ZeroPercenter celebrates SubPar economic growth. We haven't even gained back all of the jobs last in the recession...five years after it supposedly ended.

My economy is just fine. I made 26.7% last year in the market. The middle class didn't fare so well. Corporate America is sitting on more than $100 Trillion in cash and waiting for their subsidies to come back.

My economy is just fine. I made 26.7% last year in the market. The middle class didn't fare so well. Corporate America is sitting on more than $100 Trillion in cash and waiting for their subsidies to come back.
Corporate America is sitting on their money because they don't know what the Kleptomaniac-in-Chief is going to do tomorrow.

People with a lot to lose can be wary like that.

Last edited:

Corporate America is sitting on their money because they don't know what the Kleptomaniac-in-Chief is going to do tomorrow.

Corporate america is sitting on their money because they are producing more with less american workers. Plain and simple. Has nothing to do with whom is president. That is just a simple answer for simple minds.
We know the answer. It is the same answer that has always worked. Worked for dem and repubs. When reagan had the highest unemployment since the great republican depression, what did he do??? Any guesses??? Hint: Same thing as Clinton.

Last edited:

What, you don't want a Perontista regime where we all could sing "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" with real feeling?

When reagan had the highest unemployment since the great republican depression, what did he do??? Any guesses??? Hint: Same thing as Clinton.
Clinton had a Republican congress. I'd give him credit for going along but the economy wasn't his baby.

Corporate america is sitting on their money because they are producing more with less american workers. Plain and simple. Has nothing to do with whom is president. That is just a simple answer for simple minds.
We know the answer. It is the same answer that has always worked. Worked for dem and repubs. When reagan had the highest unemployment since the great republican depression, what did he do??? Any guesses??? Hint: Same thing as Clinton.
You have convinced me: You are delusional.

dismissed.

Corporate America is sitting on their money because they want their subsidies back.

My plan to give them their subsidies:

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

You're a numskull. A 2.4% growth rate is pathetic. How does the government "back down prices?" Do you think it can just pass a law ordering corporations to charge what they charged in 2009? How does it "recall" off-shore investments? Does it arrest everyone who has money invested overseas? Torture them? What?

The fact that you can vote is truly frightening.

Because such economic central planning worked so famously in the Soviet and Red Chinese systems. :rolleyes:

Not even the Soviet Planners ever dreamed they could perform the miracles he wants made into policy.

Forum List

Back