🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Economy turns in weakest growth to date.

The 1st quarter of 2011 had negative growth, as did the 1st quarter of 2014,

so no this is not the worst post recession quarter.

Let's face it, given the rabid hatred that most (not all) right wingers have toward Obama, they would actually CHEER for a new depression or another homeland catastrophe.....just so that they could blame Obama.

[
You need to post a graph so I can make fun of you again.
The spin here is dizzying. My point is simple if you have more than 2 functioning brain cells.

This is the worst quarter post recession on record.

It shouldnt be. But growth has averaged under 3%. That is a record of dismal failure, especially considering the amount of gov't intervention.

gdp_5_29_14.png
So you've proven this is the worst recovery on record, with continuing quarters of negative growth during the supposed "expansion" phase.
Congratulations. Your party's policies are failures.

I recently heard a commentator claim this is the WORST economic RECOVERY in the history of the USA. Probably true...and yet the MSM seldom reports this. Wonder why...

[
The spin here is dizzying. My point is simple if you have more than 2 functioning brain cells.

It shouldnt be. But growth has averaged under 3%. That is a record of dismal failure, especially considering the amount of gov't intervention.

gdp_5_29_14.png
So you've proven this is the worst recovery on record, with continuing quarters of negative growth during the supposed "expansion" phase.

No, I've proven that you are a habitual liar, or you are comically ignorant of economics. Take your pick.

[

gdp_5_29_14.png

Why don't you explain to us how you managed to get such simple facts so wrong?

I mean, it' you telling everyone else in this thread they're the idiots, when in fact the biggest stupidity in the thread is you own...

recently heard a commentator claim this is the WORST economic RECOVERY in the history of the USA. Probably true...and yet the MSM seldom reports this. Wonder why...

Lets see........you criticize the MSM for not covering the "worst recovery" after hearing a commentator ON the MSM........
Hmmmmmm, do I call you an idiot or will you do it yourself?

recently heard a commentator claim this is the WORST economic RECOVERY in the history of the USA. Probably true...and yet the MSM seldom reports this. Wonder why...

Lets see........you criticize the MSM for not covering the "worst recovery" after hearing a commentator ON the MSM........
Hmmmmmm, do I call you an idiot or will you do it yourself?
You idiot....did my post say I heard it on the MSM?

And even if I did, my post clearly states it is SELDOM reported. Do you deny this?

Do you know the definition of seldom?

You idiot....did my post say I heard it on the MSM?

And even if I did, my post clearly states it is SELDOM reported. Do you deny this?

Do you know the definition of seldom?

So, the prune juice isn't helping you much, gip???

Want a Better Economy History Says Vote Democrat - Forbes

" * Personal disposable income has grown nearly 6 times more under Democratic presidents
* Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has grown 7 times more under Democratic presidents
* Corporate profits have grown over 16% more per year under Democratic presidents (they actually declined under Republicans by an average of 4.53%/year)
* Average annual compound return on the stock market has been 18 times greater under Democratic presidents (If you invested $100k for 40 years of Republican administrations you had $126k at the end, if you invested $100k for 40 years of Democrat administrations you had $3.9M at the end)
* Republican presidents added 2.5 times more to the national debt than Democratic presidents
* The two times the economy steered into the ditch (Great Depression and Great Recession) were during Republican, laissez faire administrations
"

Democrats were in office when WWI, WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam War were started and the economy boomed.

"US Economy turns in weakest growth to date."

That title is misleading, to say the least. The weakest "growth" to date was immediately after the stock market crash of 1929. Just saying.

Conservatives routinely claim that the government can't create jobs,

and they also routinely attack Democrat-run governments for not creating jobs.

Another puzzler.

US Economy turns in weakest growth to date."

That title is misleading, to say the least. The weakest "growth" to date was immediately after the stock market crash of 1929. Just saying.

Costly unpaid-for wars, globalization of economies, global warming and plutocratic policies (which are a prelude to fascism)...ALL contribute and will keep on contributing to weak economic growth......Reality is what it is....and partisan attacks are just the manifestation of stupidity by the powerless.

Another puzzler.

Well, not really "puzzling" when you think of right wingers' hypocrisy (and stupidity.)

And the rest of the story from Rabbi's link that Rabbi left out.
===============================================
The decline reflected weakness in petroleum exploration as oil companies slashed budgets on the heels of plunging crude prices. Spending on wells and mines fell at a 48.7 percent annualized rate in the first three months of the year, the biggest plunge since the second quarter of 2009 when the economy was still in the recession. It climbed 8.1 percent at the end of 2014.

Machinery Makers
Machinery makers are suffering the brunt of the damage from slumping energy exploration, a stronger dollar and tepid overseas markets. Bookings for non-military capital goods excluding aircraft, a proxy for future corporate spending on new equipment, dropped in March for a seventh consecutive month, government figures showed last week.

Halliburton Co., the world’s second-biggest provider of oilfield services, said it expects to reduce capital spending by 15 poent this year and accelerated the pace of job cuts ahead of its takeover of Baker Hughes Inc.

The GDP report showed spending on equipment climbed 0.1 percent after a 0.6 percent gain in the prior three months.

The trade deficit swelled to an annualized $522.1 billion rate from $471.4 billion, as exports decreased and imports climbed. The gap subtracted 1.25 percentage points from growth, the most in a year.

Exports have fallen for four consecutive months as the dollar gained more than 20 percent since the end of June and overseas growth remains uneven. Whirlpool Corp., the largest maker of major appliances, on Tuesday slashed its annual forecast, blaming currency fluctuations and sluggish demand in Brazil.
================================================

There, we have a more accurate overview.

Another Repub lie by omission.

Another puzzler.

Well yea........what's next.........you want the right wingers to quit being hypocrites and to stop talking out of both sides of their mouths?

That is not likely to happen though.

Want a Better Economy History Says Vote Democrat - Forbes

" * Personal disposable income has grown nearly 6 times more under Democratic presidents
* Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has grown 7 times more under Democratic presidents
* Corporate profits have grown over 16% more per year under Democratic presidents (they actually declined under Republicans by an average of 4.53%/year)
* Average annual compound return on the stock market has been 18 times greater under Democratic presidents (If you invested $100k for 40 years of Republican administrations you had $126k at the end, if you invested $100k for 40 years of Democrat administrations you had $3.9M at the end)
* Republican presidents added 2.5 times more to the national debt than Democratic presidents
* The two times the economy steered into the ditch (Great Depression and Great Recession) were during Republican, laissez faire administrations
"

LOL, you do'nt support the Democrats, yeah.

Do you notice the wartime Presidents dominated? JFK/LBJ (Vietnam), FDR (WWII) and Truman (Korean)? The other was Clinton who's policies had zero to do with the brick to click revolution. On the bottom end, you have "Republican" presidents who had Democratic policies, W, HW, Ford, Nixon.

There has been zero difference since Reagan, saying any President is causing anything different since then is ridiculous, it's like tracking daily stock moves against the rain

Oh well, its the usual Rabbi poop-flinging without basis...as usual

Two questions:

How many JOB-BILLS have been passed by the republican led-congress that Obama has vetoed?

Do the idiotic right wingers who deny global warming, EVER realize how our bad weather affects the economic growth?

It is not the job of Congress to create jobs. There job is to pass legislation that enables the private sector to create jobs. The House passed approximately 40 so-called jobs bills, the vast majority of which that were ratholed in the Senate by Harry Reid. It is called a 'pocket veto' since they were not voted on and Obama didn't have to veto them.
The Keystone pipeline would not have cost the taxpayers any money and would create a lot of private sector jobs, but Obama killed that.

You need to catch up with the times. It is now called climate change, and the climate has undergone change every few decades since there was such a thing as climate.

Oh well, its the usual Rabbi poop-flinging without basis...as usual

Two questions:

How many JOB-BILLS have been passed by the republican led-congress that Obama has vetoed?

Do the idiotic right wingers who deny global warming, EVER realize how our bad weather affects the economic growth?

It is not the job of Congress to create jobs. There job is to pass legislation that enables the private sector to create jobs. The House passed approximately 40 so-called jobs bills, the vast majority of which that were ratholed in the Senate by Harry Reid. It is called a 'pocket veto' since they were not voted on and Obama didn't have to veto them.
The Keystone pipeline would not have cost the taxpayers any money and would create a lot of private sector jobs, but Obama killed that.

You need to catch up with the times. It is now called climate change, and the climate has undergone change every few decades since there was such a thing as climate.

No sir. The Keystone pipeline was never in the best interests of the country. The environmental consequences were too severe, not to mention the fact that it would NOT have created many jobs at all. You don't need a lot of people to build a pipeline, and you need even fewer to maintain one.

Forum List

Back