US EXPELS 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds.

Is this supposed to be the 'evidence' for Russian hacking and the basis for obamas epic petulance ???

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

page1image3496
page1image3664

Reference Number: JAR-16-20296 December 29, 2016

GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity Summary

This Joint Analysis Report (JAR) is the result of analytic efforts between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). This document provides technical details regarding the tools and infrastructure used by the Russian civilian and military intelligence Services (RIS) to compromise and exploit networks and endpoints associated with the U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. Government, political, and private sector entities. The U.S. Government is referring to this malicious cyber activity by RIS as GRIZZLY STEPPE. ...

If so, isn't the disclaimer at the beginning somewhat problematic? :eusa_think:

DISCLAIMER:
This report is provided “as is” for informational purposes only.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.

DHS does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this advisory or otherwise. This document is distributed as TLP:WHITE: Subject to standard copyright rules, TLP:WHITE information may be distributed without restriction. For more information on the Traffic Light Protocol, see Traffic Light Protocol (TLP) Definitions and Usage | US-CERT.

Last edited:
If it was leaked by insiders, then I think our intelligence agencies would have said so.

Of course we do the same stuff. And when we're caught - we get smacked. They did not interfere with the election directly - there was no rigging. But the most certainly did indirectly and that shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet. Elections are important.

We gave money to groups opposing Netanyahu. Netanyahu retaliated by creating stricter laws on outside organizers. Should Israel NOT have done that? What we did I might add, was not in anyway illegal. Hacking is.

Seth can't speak, anymore, but from all evidence it seems he was at least partially involved.
UK and Assange have both said they know it was an insider not Russia.
Obama wants to start as war over evidence they won't even show congress and that FBI and CIA disagree on.

I don't believe Assange one bit. Also, the FBI and the CIA agree totally that the Russians were behind the hacks. Where they disagree on (and I think that might have changed to agreement) - is on what Russia's motivation was.
. That same FBI you all claimed cost Hillary the election ? That FBI ? That's the one you are using now ?? Wow.

I'm using the fact that all 17 intelligence agencies are in agreement here.

The Kremlin has said that what Obama is doing is "the death throes of a political corpse"

I don't much care what the Kremlin says about our political leaders :lol:

Last edited:
Interesting that republicans think nations shouldn't face any consequences for sabatoging our election process in their favor.

Interesting that Democrat think tell in the truth about them is sabatoging our election process. Or that Russia should face the consequences when there is no evidence they've done anything.
Yeah no evidence. This huge international incident is just a show :rolleyes:

Interesting that republicans think nations shouldn't face any consequences for sabatoging our election process in their favor.

Interesting that Democrat think tell in the truth about them is sabatoging our election process. Or that Russia should face the consequences when there is no evidence they've done anything.
You said it.
IMG_1908.JPG

US spies and meddles on everyone else. Might not make public the info but they use it to manipulate.
US has no problem interfering with other elections.
"IF" russia did gain access to DNC or Clinton emails, all they did was make the public so the people voting could have a clear idea who she was.
They did not interfere with the voting.
Most of the info was leaked by insiders, but Obama is ready to start a way over accusation
Does Russia spy?............. as much as we do

If it was leaked by insiders, then I think our intelligence agencies would have said so.

Of course we do the same stuff. And when we're caught - we get smacked. They did not interfere with the election directly - there was no rigging. But the most certainly did indirectly and that shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet. Elections are important.

We gave money to groups opposing Netanyahu. Netanyahu retaliated by creating stricter laws on outside organizers. Should Israel NOT have done that? What we did I might add, was not in anyway illegal. Hacking is.

Seth can't speak, anymore, but from all evidence it seems he was at least partially involved.
Obama wants to start as war over evidence they won't even show congress and that FBI and CIA disagree on.

I don't believe Assange one bit. Also, the FBI and the CIA agree totally that the Russians were behind the hacks. Where they disagree on (and I think that might have changed to agreement) - is on what Russia's motivation was.

Gap on Russia hacking conclusions between intelligence, FBI - CNNPolitics.com

Q&A: Why the CIA, FBI differ on Russian election hacking

Really good articles and they explain it very clearly.

First - they are all in agreement that Russia WAS behind the hacks. No a single one disputes that.

Where there are differences is in what Russia's motivations were as well as differences in how the different intelligence agencies reach conclusions and what standards of evidence they require.

From the USA Today article:
Q: On what points of the new Russian assessment do the CIA and other intelligence authorities differ with the FBI?

A: The FBI does not dispute that the CIA's assessment could be accurate, said a U.S. official with knowledge of the matter. The difference lies in the institutional standards the agencies require in reaching such conclusions. While the CIA develops assessments based on a broad interpretation of available data, the FBI, as a law enforcement agency, requires a standard of proof that could sustain a possible criminal prosecution.

There have been differences, the official said, in how much weight to ascribe a range of possible motives: Were the Russians specifically seeking to tilt the election in favor of Trump? Was the effort designed to damage Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's future ability to govern, believing that she was destined to win? Or was the operation a hedging of bets to sow confusion and undermine confidence in the process?

Of the assessment that the Republican Party systems were likely breached, the official said the picture is not entirely clear. While not dismissing the intelligence community's conclusion, the official said a more definitive determination has not yet been reached.

I think this part is also extremely interesting (and to those who hate Obama and think this is all about discrediting Trump's election, take note):

Q: What is the government doing to more definitively determine the extent of Russia's intrusions into the election process?

A: The Obama administration has ordered a review of attempts by foreign hackers to influence U.S. elections. The review, to be completed before President Obama leaves office on Jan. 20, is expected to examine the past three presidential elections.

“We may have crossed into a new threshold, and it is incumbent upon us to take stock of that, to review, to conduct some after-action, to understand what has happened and to impart some lessons learned,” Obama’s counterterrorism and homeland security adviser, Lisa Monaco, told reporters Friday.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Monday that two Senate committees would investigate the CIA's new assessment of Russia's involvement.

He said the Senate Intelligence Committee and the Senate Armed Services Committee will conduct bipartisan reviews. Late Monday, a third Senate panel, the Foreign Relations Committee, also indicated it will review the matter.

"Obviously, any foreign breach of our cyber-security measures is disturbing and I strongly condemn any such efforts," McConnell told reporters Monday.

I don't for the life of me understand why people don't take this seriously, why they think it should just be ignored.

There is evidence that russia can and does hack us, not that they were involved in the elections hacks or change the vote in any way.

The leak was from the inside of the DNC

They hack us, we hack them.........everyone wants to know what the other is up to.

Russia hated Hillary and feared her winning the election, but if they had hacked, they could have done far more with the information that emails of those working for hillary.
If they were going to hack, they would have hacked far more sensitive info than the DNC.

How lame that Podesta and others don't have the most basic sense not to clink on unknown links without scanning the mail first. How lame that they would be so loud about their thought on email even if they don't believe it would ever have been seen by outsiders.

It was not sophisticated enough for a russia hack.

Someone in russia.........possible but ordered by Putin? No proof

We have hackers in this country that try to get into anything and everything just because they can, not because they are ordered to do so by Obama.

Where is the order from Putin directing the hack specifically on the DNC?

Obama is going to start a war without it? Cold war, hacking war, actual war, nuclear war...............

Where exactly did the hack generate from and who was at the computer? What is the connection to Putin, other than russia is a huge country?

Why won't Obama allow evidence to be given to congress?

Now hacking new computers for the F-35 to make it inoperable or flies in circles I can understand wanting to do

You said it.
View attachment 104399
You think that makes you look smart or something? :cuckoo:

First - they are all in agreement that Russia WAS behind the hacks. No a single one disputes that.

Where there are differences is in what Russia's motivations were as well as differences in how the different intelligence agencies reach conclusions and what standards of evidence they require.

Q: On what points of the new Russian assessment do the CIA and other intelligence authorities differ with the FBI?

A: The FBI does not dispute that the CIA's assessment could be accurate, said a U.S. official with knowledge of the matter. The difference lies in the institutional standards the agencies require in reaching such conclusions. While the CIA develops assessments based on a broad interpretation of available data, the FBI, as a law enforcement agency, requires a standard of proof that could sustain a possible criminal prosecution.

There have been differences, the official said, in how much weight to ascribe a range of possible motives: Were the Russians specifically seeking to tilt the election in favor of Trump? Was the effort designed to damage Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's future ability to govern, believing that she was destined to win? Or was the operation a hedging of bets to sow confusion and undermine confidence in the process?

Of the assessment that the Republican Party systems were likely breached, the official said the picture is not entirely clear. While not dismissing the intelligence community's conclusion, the official said a more definitive determination has not yet been reached.

I think this part is also extremely interesting (and to those who hate Obama and think this is all about discrediting Trump's election, take note):

Q: What is the government doing to more definitively determine the extent of Russia's intrusions into the election process?

A: The Obama administration has ordered a review of attempts by foreign hackers to influence U.S. elections. The review, to be completed before President Obama leaves office on Jan. 20, is expected to examine the past three presidential elections.

“We may have crossed into a new threshold, and it is incumbent upon us to take stock of that, to review, to conduct some after-action, to understand what has happened and to impart some lessons learned,” Obama’s counterterrorism and homeland security adviser, Lisa Monaco, told reporters Friday.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Monday that two Senate committees would investigate the CIA's new assessment of Russia's involvement.

He said the Senate Intelligence Committee and the Senate Armed Services Committee will conduct bipartisan reviews. Late Monday, a third Senate panel, the Foreign Relations Committee, also indicated it will review the matter.

"Obviously, any foreign breach of our cyber-security measures is disturbing and I strongly condemn any such efforts," McConnell told reporters Monday.

I don't for the life of me understand why people don't take this seriously, why they think it should just be ignored.

There is evidence that russia can and does hack us, not that they were involved in the elections hacks or change the vote in any way.

They hack us, we hack them.........everyone wants to know what the other is up to.

Russia hated Hillary and feared her winning the election, but if they had hacked, they could have done far more with the information that emails of those working for hillary.
If they were going to hack, they would have hacked far more sensitive info than the DNC.

How lame that Podesta and others don't have the most basic sense not to clink on unknown links without scanning the mail first. How lame that they would be so loud about their thought on email even if they don't believe it would ever have been seen by outsiders.

We have hackers in this country that try to get into anything and everything just because they can, not because they are ordered to do so by Obama.

Obama is going to start a war without it? Cold war, hacking war, actual war, nuclear war...............

Where exactly did the hack generate from and who was at the computer? What is the connection to Putin, other than russia is a huge country?

Now hacking new computers for the F-35 to make it inoperable or flies in circles I can understand wanting to do

Exactly.

It's hilarious that releasing authentic DNC emails is considered "interfering" with the election.

If DNC was not corrupt, the email hack/leak would not have mattered.

Obama has allowed evidence to be given to Congress. They've briefed congressional leaders as well as the leaders of the two intelligence committees.

Na...Russia had nothing to do with hacking....

enhanced-1153-1442451607-6.png
They didn't, Assange told us it wasn't. He got the emails. And wouldn't you know the dude he spoke to ended up dead! Hmmm curious eh?

Podesta was spear phished and even forwarded the hack email to colleagues.

What a colossal dipshit.

This guy has power in Washington, yet he is so stupid he falls for a spear phishing email?

Just unreal.

Na...Russia had nothing to do with hacking....

enhanced-1153-1442451607-6.png

You honestly can't hate hitler and the nazi while admiring and wanting to learn how he achieved what he did for Germany in such a short time?

You can admire Putin, but not trust him, and still understand you need to work with him to achieve some mutual goals rather than against him and accomplish nothing.

You need people that understand how he works and can find his weaknesses and use them to advantage.

Does not mean you want to set up house with him and exchange rings.

I'd rather they keep communicating instead of trying to burn each other's house down.

Keep your enemies close. Learn to know them as well or better than they know themselves. Putin understand the game, but obviously Obama never did.

It seems to me that Obama is simply throwing a little bitch fit with regards to Israel and Russia in the past 24 hours. Michelle must not be blowing him enough. He could use the services of a frumpy intern.

Someone should try the "wallet inspector" bit on Podesta. There is a really good chance he will fall for it.

tumblr_m7emz8rnAz1qd5giho1_1280.png

Forum List

Back