US EXPELS 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds.

Obama Strikes Back at Russia for Election Hacking

In a sweeping set of announcements, the United States also released samples of malware and other indicators of Russian cyberactivity, including network addresses of computers commonly used by the Russians to launch attacks. Taken together, the actions amount to the strongest American response ever taken to a state-sponsored cyberattack aimed at the United States.

U.S. evicts Russians for spying, imposes sanctions after election hacks
U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, the top Republican in Congress, said Russia "has consistently sought to undermine" U.S. interests and called the sanctions overdue.

Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham said they intended to lead effort in Congress to "impose stronger sanctions on Russia."

Incoming White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus told Fox News he did not condone foreign governments hacking U.S. institutions.

"It’s wrong and it’s something we don’t agree with," Priebus said. "However, it would be nice if we could get to a place where the intelligence community in unison can tell us what it is that has been going on and what the investigation was and what it has led to so that we can respond."

The Trump team's response could generate bipartisan discord early in the new administration's tenure.

U.S. intelligence agencies say Russia was behind hacks into Democratic Party organizations and operatives ahead of the Nov. 8 presidential election. U.S. intelligence officials say the Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Trump defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Republican and Democratic lawmakers have voiced concern about Russia's actions, setting up a potential wall of opposition should Trump seek to overturn Obama's measures.

They are quite simply -- hysterical baby type hypocrites. They know better. Have no idea why they are so indignant about this. There is NO PRIVACY in unsecured communications when it comes to foreign intelligence agencies. They know this. And the the GOP babies probably are fully aware that the Russians were tapping RNC as well.

The whole big question here is not the phony outrage over the tapping. It's WHY and HOW that information was released to the American public. Because RELEASING IT -- if it WAS a Kremlin ordered deal -- it could compromise their Intelligence people and practices and methods. You simply don't DO that intentionally. You don't give adversaries an EXCUSE to do forensic analysis on your spying. And you would clean up the trail BEFORE you release the captured info.

If it was a security force operation -- they were very sloppy ON PURPOSE. My guess is that the captured booty was PASSED to WikiLeaks by a disgruntled employee or "whistle-blower". Or a different "hacker" or foreign agency.

Which begs the question of who Edward Snowden might be influencing during his stay in Russia. :ack-1:

In all seriousness......
Would you rather russia work with the US against China or with China against the US?

Obama has no imagination. Smarter player are involved

Although no organization can hope to have a perfect record forever, thus far WikiLeaks has a perfect in document authentication and resistance to all censorship attempts.

WikiLeaks, its publisher and its journalists have won many awards, including:

The Economist New Media Award (2008)
The Amnesty New Media Award (2009)
TIME Magazine Person of the Year, People’s Choice (highest global vote) (2010)
The Sam Adams Award for Integrity (2010)
The National Union of Journalists Journalist of the Year (Hrafnsson) (2011)
The Sydney Peace Foundation Gold Medal (2011)
The Martha Gellhorn Prize for Journalism (2011)
The Blanquerna Award for Best Communicator (2011)
The Walkley Award for Most Outstanding Contribution to Journalism (2011)
The Voltaire Award for Free Speech (2011)
The International Piero Passetti Journalism Prize of the National Union of Italian Journalists (2011)
The Jose Couso Press Freedom Award (2011)
The Privacy International Hero of Privacy (2012)
The Global Exchange Human Rights People’s Choice Award (2013)
The Yoko Ono Lennon Courage Award for the Arts (2013)
The Brazillian Press Association Human Rights Award (2013)
The Kazakstan Union of Journalists Top Prize (2014)

As well as nominations for the UN Mandela Prize (2015) and nominations in six consecutive years for the Nobel Peace Prize (2010-2015)

-- I suppose it will now be argued that these lauds are all influenced by the Kremlin.

And yet again, I find myself absolutely astounded by how easily our public is manipulated. I am not even an expert but I have no doubt that I could seriously impact this nation with merely a few flicks of the wrist. How frightening and pathetic. I lament, America is lost, the dream is over, the world sees us for the fools we have become - fools enough to fall for kiddyscript ploys and childish enough to start wars in retaliation.

As a mere casual hacker I am truly ashamed of how low our cyber-security has become. The guards fell asleep at the gates and the people are all too willing to risk world peace merely to cover their ineptitude. Pathetic. Alas, we deserve this, we are but the children of the rest of the world's technological advances and skills...

Obama seriously is trying to throw gasoline on the world before he leaves.

You're pro Russia?

Even if he were so what. Russia is stripping our Freedom, Russia isnt opening our borders, Russia isn't taking away our rights, Russia isn't putting their soldiers in dresses and high heels.
Russia is the New America ... just in case yah missed that. =)
Russia is a few border guards short of a Nazi regime.

Are you that stupid? OMG. A total tard.

Although no organization can hope to have a perfect record forever, thus far WikiLeaks has a perfect in document authentication and resistance to all censorship attempts.

WikiLeaks, its publisher and its journalists have won many awards, including:

The Economist New Media Award (2008)
The Amnesty New Media Award (2009)
TIME Magazine Person of the Year, People’s Choice (highest global vote) (2010)
The Sam Adams Award for Integrity (2010)
The National Union of Journalists Journalist of the Year (Hrafnsson) (2011)
The Sydney Peace Foundation Gold Medal (2011)
The Martha Gellhorn Prize for Journalism (2011)
The Blanquerna Award for Best Communicator (2011)
The Walkley Award for Most Outstanding Contribution to Journalism (2011)
The Voltaire Award for Free Speech (2011)
The International Piero Passetti Journalism Prize of the National Union of Italian Journalists (2011)
The Jose Couso Press Freedom Award (2011)
The Privacy International Hero of Privacy (2012)
The Global Exchange Human Rights People’s Choice Award (2013)
The Yoko Ono Lennon Courage Award for the Arts (2013)
The Brazillian Press Association Human Rights Award (2013)
The Kazakstan Union of Journalists Top Prize (2014)

As well as nominations for the UN Mandela Prize (2015) and nominations in six consecutive years for the Nobel Peace Prize (2010-2015)

-- I suppose it will now be argued that these lauds are all influenced by the Kremlin.

And yet again, I find myself absolutely astounded by how easily our public is manipulated. I am not even an expert but I have no doubt that I could seriously impact this nation with merely a few flicks of the wrist. How frightening and pathetic. I lament, America is lost, the dream is over, the world sees us for the fools we have become - fools enough to fall for kiddyscript ploys and childish enough to start wars in retaliation.

As a mere casual hacker I am truly ashamed of how low our cyber-security has become. The guards fell asleep at the gates and the people are all too willing to risk world peace merely to cover their ineptitude. Pathetic. Alas, we deserve this, we are but the children of the rest of the world's technological advances and skills...
Until now, Wikileaks didn't try to change an election or work for the Russians. Duh!

We just had foreign interference in our presidential election and you dumbfucks act like it was a good thing. WTF is wrong with you people?

That's the biggest blow, of course, the truth has never mattered.

Everything is but a fabricated lie from the mouth of babes and the adults are stoned stupid upon their sofas. What a pity.

You're pro Russia?

Even if he were so what. Russia is stripping our Freedom, Russia isnt opening our borders, Russia isn't taking away our rights, Russia isn't putting their soldiers in dresses and high heels.
Russia is the New America ... just in case yah missed that. =)
Dresses and high heels?????????

W T F?????

Where now are the cries about Soro's interference in global politics and American elections? Where now are the cries of the UN's interference's?

Nay, tis only the scapegoat who defies the NWO who's blame will be touted because we are morons...

How Trump Made Russia's Hacking More Effective
It was the president-elect’s hyperbolic characterizations of the pilfered material that turned routine documents into the stuff of scandal.

lead_960.jpg

James Lawler Duggins / Reuters
The Russian Hacking Wouldn't Have Worked Without Trump's Help

I'm not sure I'm understanding your logical gymnastics here.

Are you saying that we should be nice to Russia and do whatever they want, because that will put us in a "position of strength"?

You don't kick them in the nuts if you want them to sit and work out any problems without violence

In diplomatic maneuvering - you also don't take a kick in the nuts when it's strategically better not to. A small country, like the Philippines - you can ignore a kick in the nuts and do something minor, like cancel a meeting. With a country like Russia, committing a much larger transgression, I think a point needs to be made or Russia, being Russia, will just keep on doing it.

"With a country like Russia, committing a much larger transgression,"

What much larger transgression did Russia commit?

Hacking the DNC and attempting to influence our election. All Dutarte was utter vulgar insults.

How come the corruption the DNC hack exposed doesn't offend you but the fact that it was exposed does?
Because if Hillary had won or Wikileaks had released RNC info, you wouldn't care.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

You don't know shit about who hacked the emails. Or if they were hacked.

Please. Of course I do. You must think the people running our intelligence agencies are fucking retards. They've no possible motive to make this shit up. None.
Of course they do. Russia stands in the way of US objectives in Syria.

Oh! This is about Syria?! More awesome!
What did you think it was about? Hillary? :lol:

No. I think it's about making sure we protect our nation from cyber attacks.

It's nutbags who think it's about Hillary. They are with you on this.
Oh, so you think alerting Americans via unnamed sources and with no evidence thru the news media, that Russia is responsible for hacking is "making sure we protect our nation". If the intent was to protect our nation, there would be no reason for the intelligence community to run a campaign through the media. We are being manipulated. I had hope that intelligent people such as yourself would be able to see it. But whatever, just ignore the history that your government lies to you and accept what they say at face value. At least when the administration shares your social/political views, otherwise you will be sure to question the authority, no doubt.

In all seriousness......
Would you rather russia work with the US against China or with China against the US?

Obama has no imagination. Smarter player are involved
In a rational world there would be no need to work against anyone. Cooperation is what I think both Russia and China would like to see from the US. Why don't we want to cooperate with the other inhabitants of the earth?

why we are the accuser? I want to ensure we aren't falsely blaming an enemy that might put our citizens in harm's way. And you're even ok with that. wow. dudette, you are some kind of special.

It is clear. You do not believe the entirety of our intelligence community. You believe Putin.

Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.
I always thought it would be the left that would heed the lessons learned from the Iraq war. Turns out I was wrong.

Say what?
We were lied to in the lead up to the Iraq war. By the intelligence community among others. There is good reason not to believe them now. I thought the left would be more skeptical of what we are being told to believe. I was wrong.

Textbook Obama Derangement Syndrome.
Why? Because I don't believe His every word?

If you anti-Americans love Putin/Russia so much. Move your un- patriotic ass over to Russia and don't let the door hit your fat ass on your way outa here!

You don't have to love Russia to realize provoking them is stupid

Did Russia not provoke us?

Let's for the sake of argument, say the Russians are behind wikileaks.

All wikileaks did was release accurate information about Democrats.

You guys are seriously trying to argue that having an informed electorate is bad for the republic and as a consequence we need to provoke Russia for revealing democrat corruption.

Really?

Get real.

Spin. You are buying into the spin.

The ends do not justify the means when the means involves a foreign actor's cyber attack on our democracy.

Informed my ass.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your logical gymnastics here.

Are you saying that we should be nice to Russia and do whatever they want, because that will put us in a "position of strength"?

You don't kick them in the nuts if you want them to sit and work out any problems without violence

In diplomatic maneuvering - you also don't take a kick in the nuts when it's strategically better not to. A small country, like the Philippines - you can ignore a kick in the nuts and do something minor, like cancel a meeting. With a country like Russia, committing a much larger transgression, I think a point needs to be made or Russia, being Russia, will just keep on doing it.

Hacking the DNC and attempting to influence our election. All Dutarte was utter vulgar insults.

How come the corruption the DNC hack exposed doesn't offend you but the fact that it was exposed does?

First, no corruption was exposed.

Second, why are you not demanding that Reince Priebus' or Steve Bannon's personal emails get published. You deserve to know, right? You want to be informed, don't you?

Intellectually dishonest.

Yeah....that's a sane take on it. Let's believe the Russian intelligence community instead.
The Russian intelligence community didn't make an accusation.

Sorry, guy. We all watched the shit go down. We know who hacked the emails. Nobody is gearing up for a fucking invasion of Russia here.

Your comparison is bullshit.
You know? Do you really? How?

I'm informed by the FUCKING UNANIMOUS OPINION of our intelligence community and A FUCKING BIPARTISAN response in congress which supports that fucking opinion.

You have to keep in mind they way they think:

The President is lying.
The Congress is lying.
The Democrats are lying.
The Republicans are lying.
All 17 Intelligence Agencies are lying.

Putin is telling the truth.

:cuckoo:
You have to keep in mind that:

The President has lied to us
The Congress has lied to us
The Democrats have lied to us
The Republicans have lied to us
The Intelligence Agencies have lied to us.

Putin is kind of irrelevant in light of the above.

The reporting that "Russia hacked the election" is irresponsible. That is not what happened at all and those reporting this lie know it's a lie.

I do believe they want accuracy. It doesn't allow them to lie about their loss or justify this stupidity in response

First, no corruption was exposed.

Second, why are you not demanding that Reince Priebus' or Steve Bannon's personal emails get published. You deserve to know, right? You want to be informed, don't you?

Intellectually dishonest.

If no corruption was exposed, then nothing of value was in the emails and Russian influence on the election is negligible meaning this escalation is even more stupid and reckless.

You can't argue nothing of value was exposed and then whine about the Russians exposing it. Either wikileaks exposed Democrat corruption which may have had an impact on the election or they didn't, in which case we can 100% sure no impact happened. See revealing nothing has no impact.

And the difference between Republicans and Democrats is that If priebus had his emails leaked and they showed the level of corruption the Democrat emails did, we would be calling for priebus's head instead of starting crap with the Russians.

Forum List

Back