US invades Yemen w/o Congressional approval.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
burning-constitution.jpg

What the bloody hell, when will this madness stop?

U.S. troops are on the ground in Yemen for offensive against al-Qaeda militants

A contingent of U.S. troops is involved in a Yemeni operation to push al-Qaeda militants from one of their key strongholds in central Yemen, the Pentagon said Friday.

A small number of troops are there to help with “intelligence sharing,” Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said, though he did not rule out that more U.S. forces could be committed to the operation in the coming weeks.

My question is, why does WaPo but the troops' mission in quotes?

air-quotes.gif

intelligence sharing

Trump turned over military operation to the Generals, you know what Generals want, and do the best.

Trump turned over military operation to the Generals, you know what Generals want, and do the best.
Oh the partisan dummy shows up.

Yeah....Obama would NEVER do that. After all, he won a Nobel Peace Prize. He was such a wonderful man of peace....o_O:rolleyes::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhh::uhh::uhh:

My question is, why does WaPo but the troops' mission in quotes?

air-quotes.gif

intelligence sharing
Likely because they know the mission is more than "intelligence sharing."

Some have claimed the Wapo is a CIA front. Probably so.

burning-constitution.jpg

A contingent of U.S. troops is involved in a Yemeni operation to push al-Qaeda militants from one of their key strongholds in central Yemen, the Pentagon said Friday.

A small number of troops are there to help with “intelligence sharing,” Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said, though he did not rule out that more U.S. forces could be committed to the operation in the coming weeks.
FAKE NEWS.

We have been operating in and out of Yemen with Special Forces for years.

This is just an attempt by snowflakes to claim Trump started his own Un-Constitutional war like Barry did TWICE.

Snowflakes are so pathetically DESPERATE...

Side Issue:
Have you clowns heard of the War Powers Act? Do you even know what it is / allows?

SSSDD....Same Snowflake Shit, Different Day

FAIL!

burning-constitution.jpg

FAKE NEWS.

We have been operating in and out of Yemen with Special Forces for years.

This is just an attempt by snowflakes to claim Trump started his own Un-Constitutional war like Barry did TWICE.

Snowflakes are so pathetically DESPERATE...

Side Issue:
Have you clowns heard of the War Powers Act? Do you even know what it is / allows?

SSSDD....Same Snowflake Shit, Different Day

FAIL!
The War Powers Act is obsolete now.

This has nothing to do with the War Powers Act. This has been done under the Authority of 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1622(d)

Trump is no different than Obama. You are in cognitive dissonance.

Trump is no different than Obama.

REALLY?

Has Trump started 2 Un-Constitutional, Un-Approved wars to help terrorists like Obama did?
- No

Does Trump have his own personal drone assassination program where HE decides who is killed or not, a program with which he has Un-Constitutionally murdered Americans abroad like Obama did?
- No

Has Trump aided, abetted, financed, supplied, armed, trained, defended, and protected terrorists like Obama has?
- No

Has Trump illegally given thousands of automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartels like Obama did?
- No

Has Trump illegally shared classified information, illegally leaked information, committed Felony espionage, illegally used the IRS to target Americans like Obama did?
- No

No, sweetheart, Trump is nothing like Barry. No one is quite like El Generalissimo Obama....

REALLY?

Has Trump started 2 Un-Constitutional, Un-Approved wars to help terrorists like Obama did?
- No

Does Trump have his own personal drone assassination program where HE decides who is killed or not, a program with which he has Un-Constitutionally murdered Americans abroad like Obama did?
- No

Has Trump aided, abetted, financed, supplied, armed, trained, defended, and protected terrorists like Obama has?
- No

Has Trump illegally given thousands of automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartels like Obama did?
- No

Has Trump illegally shared classified information, illegally leaked information, committed Felony espionage, illegally used the IRS to target Americans like Obama did?
- No

No, sweetheart, Trump is nothing like Barry. No one is quite like El Generalissimo Obama....
Give it time. . .

It's only been six months.

Has Trump illegally given thousands of automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartels like Obama did

Given?

Nearly every single weapon the ATF watched during it's so called Gun Walking scandal, were actually legally purchased under AZ lax gun laws. They paid retail baby. That's the way the NRA likes it. Remember, guns don't kill people.......

For all your other partisan nonsense, you're like a little Red Chatty Cathy doll..........

Has Trump illegally given thousands of automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartels like Obama did

Given?

Nearly every single weapon the ATF watched during it's so called Gun Walking scandal, were actually legally purchased under AZ lax gun laws. They paid retail baby. That's the way the NRA likes it. Remember, guns don't kill people.......

For all your other partisan nonsense, you're like a little Red Chatty Cathy doll..........
Oh, I am sorry - I mis-spoke. Barry illegally SOLD, not 'gave', those weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels...

Happy now? I 'made it all better'... :p

Given?

Oh, I am sorry - I mis-spoke. Barry illegally SOLD, not 'gave', those weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels...

Not according to the State of AZ. They refused to file any charges because they wouldn't be able to get a conviction. I blame the head of the ATF. Oh wait Congress refused to allow an Obama appointment to that post. Thank GOP obstructionist.

It was a phony scandal the GOP tried to tie to President Obama.

Try again.

REALLY?

- No
In just six months, Trump has started one, in Yemen.

REALLY?

- No
Should we be scared of Trump's drone reforms?

Barack Obama was much criticised for his dramatic escalation of drone strikes in non-battlefield settings such as Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia.

But Trump is already surpassing Obama's record. According to Micah Zenko, an expert on drones at the Council on Foreign Relations, Obama conducted one strike every 5.4 days; Trump has thus far averaged one strike or raid every 1.25 days.

REALLY?

- No
Yes. Trump is giving huge sums to Saudi elites, they fund the folks we are fighting. It is a cluster fuck.
Trump in Saudi Arabia signs $110B arms deal with Persian Gulf ally
Trump in Saudi Arabia signs $110B arms deal with Persian Gulf ally
Saudis Bankroll Taliban, Even as King Officially Supports Afghan Government
Saudis Bankroll Taliban, Even as King Officially Supports Afghan Government

REALLY?

- No
The "Fast and Furious" scandal and that tracking program was started under the Bush regime, as I am sure you are well aware but your partisanship won't allow you to admit. Top that off with the fact that the CIA is the one that runs the drugs. Private arms dealers run the guns still with complicity of the ATF. Only the really naive think this will end.

REALLY?

- No
Who is doing what within the clandestine world is anyone's guess. You don't know what is going on, nor do I. Get over yourself already. How do you know that Trump isn't leaking all this information himself in an attempt to keep the entire population and the Congress focused on things other than governing and doing the people's business? You really have no idea what is going on, do you?

If Obama did half of what you said, why isn't he in prison? We are made to believe he did them. Then again, maybe he did do them. You have heard the folks on the left accuse Trump of all those terrible heinous things, do you believe any of that silly shit? And what about Hillary? Don't you see a pattern here? You are SUPPOSED to be focused on scandals, it is necessary so you are not outraged that none of these presidents, or congressional representatives or Senators are doing anything about the fact that the Constitution is now null and void, none of the people's business and real pressing issues are being addressed. These are smoke screens, distractions, and you are falling for them. This isn't a partisan issue. THAT is what I am getting at.

Given?

Actually, those were legal straw purchases.

What else is new? Undeclared Wars are the 'New Norm.' Just like the rapid erosion of our Freedom & Liberty. These 'New Norms' will be the end of us. It's very sad.

Forum List

Back