US is no longer Fully Democratic

a republic with democratic practices and procedures

go study civics and government and constitutional handbooks

From the article....since I know some of you can't read...

“If Mr Trump is unable to reverse the trend towards increasing social polarisation, US democracy will be at greater risk of further deterioration, especially given the interplay of this trend with other, long-standing drivers of democratic decline. For example, the US scores comparatively poorly in the democracy index in the functioning of government category,” the report said.

The truth is no longer the basis for government rule. Rather...it is the opinion and words of one man that is accepted as "alternative facts." As long as the Republican Party plays a game of complete complicity with the dictator wannabe...the country will slide farther and farther into an Autocracy.
The US has never been anything but a composite democratic republic.

It never has been solely one or the other.

Trump appears to be on the road to a dictatorship, which will end badly for his career and reputation.

America is not a 'full' democracy, report finds

Yup....we are sliding closer to a Authoritarianism....thanks to the Orange King and his court if Racist Misfits.....for the second year in a row...

Which of course coincides with the so called presidency of the Orange King.

It has never been a "full" democracy... it has always been a constitutionally limited representative democratic republic.

Trump appears to be on the road to a dictatorship, which will end badly for his career and reputation.

The reputation trump has now is not a very good one. But I don't care about his career or reputation. I care about this country. He is slowly turning us into something less... far less...than we should be.

He has amassed a followung...many of which...are of very unsavory characters. Look at some if the people advising him. Steve Miller....the architect of the latest cluster*ck is a die in the wool racist. If you read just a little of his biography....you will see a description of an unashamed white supremacist. He is a Hitler Wannabe...

Sadly...the religious right has abandoned all of its moral compass in order to support probably the most immoral person to ever sit in the oval office. They have turned their back on Christian virtues and accepted standards of the Bible.

Yup....we are sliding closer to a Authoritarianism....thanks to the Orange King and his court if Racist Misfits.....for the second year in a row...

Actually, that's a great thing.

stock-vector-surprise-S.jpg

We were never intended to be a Democracy. I KNOW, that's a big shock to you!

A democracy is mob rule. Perhaps easier for you to comprehend would be a simpler example. A Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on what to have for dinner.

Come back when you have educated yourself at least about our own countries history.

We are a Representative REPUBLIC.

It has never been a "full" democracy... it has always been a constitutionally limited representative democratic republic.

You why we have dropped to the level if S Korea in the survey. The human named trump has degraded our greatest institutions of Democracy. He attacks on a regular basis the media....the courts...even the GOP congress.

Face it....you elected a Jerk. He cares only about himself and his family....and his love for his family us questionable. We will find out when the indictments are handed out in the Mueller prove.

Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’
January 14, 2014 at 1:05 pm

[...]

“We’re not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help they need. I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone,” Obama said Tuesday as he convened his first Cabinet meeting of the year.

[...]

Obama On Executive Actions: 'I've Got A Pen And I've Got A Phone'

You why we have dropped to the level if S Korea in the survey. The human named trump has degraded our greatest institutions of Democracy. He attacks on a regular basis the media....the courts...even the GOP congress.

Face it....you elected a Jerk. He cares only about himself and his family....and his love for his family us questionable. We will find out when the indictments are handed out in the Mueller prove.

I didn't vote for him you fucking halfwit, but nice way of making an ass of yourself. There is very little I wouldn't give to see him gone.

If you insist on laying blame somewhere, start with the Democrats who ran a loser of a candidate in Hillary.

You partisan shit stains on both sides of the aisle are as responsible for where we are today as anyone... if you didn't vote for my guy, you voted for the other guy and it's all your.

Go piss up a rope, all of you.

Maybe its because the US has always been a Constitutional Republic. Please explain how any actions or specific policies enacted by the Trump administration that have turned the country into an authoritarian state.

Maybe its because the US has always been a Constitutional Republic. Please explain how any actions or specific policies enacted by the Trump administration that have turned the country into an authoritarian state.

Read.....it can expand hour horizon. The US has been turned into something less than either a Democracy or a Republic. The Orange King is ruling well.

Yes, it's never been democratic.

Time for people to stand up and demand Proportional Representation. It's the ONLY way the people can take the country back. (Or get it in the first place).

Yeah a group from a country that still has a monarchy is going to tell us about Democracy. Sounds legit to me.

But then that's what Americans want. That's why the voted for Trump. They don't want to be free. They want a leader.

Perhaps that want a King to dictate what is lawful and what is not. Maybe that is what they voted for?

Well the backing away from human rights and nature protection is one thing. The controlled media is another. And the general attempt to isolate america of the rest of the world is a third.

We never were a full democracy. We are a representative republic. Or some call it a democratic republic.

A full democracy would require elections that are based on popular vote. We have never and will never do that.

Yes, it's never been democratic.

Time for people to stand up and demand Proportional Representation. It's the ONLY way the people can take the country back. (Or get it in the first place)

We have Proportional Representation. Your hate is for the Founding Fathers who planned for people like yourself.

We never were a full democracy. We are a representative republic. Or some call it a democratic republic.

A full democracy would require elections that are based on popular vote. We have never and will never do that.

Yeah...actually the theory of one man...one vote is a lie. It has worked well for the GOP in past years...

One man one vote isn't a lie.

Popular vote would give all the power to New York and Cali. Is it really fair that New York City alone has more people than Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama combined? It ensures that EVERYONE'S vote counts. Because when you vote like we do, you're voting against the other people in your state. You aren't voting against anyone in other states. So yea, one man one vote is absolutely true. But it doesn't cross state lines.

Trump didn't campaign to win the popular vote, he campaigned to win the electoral vote and win it he did, he whipped her ass.

Oh yes....The electoral college removes the effect one man...one vote gives. It gives the say to toothless pumpkins who elected an orange clown....with the help of Putin of course....

Forum List

Back