US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

How about this formula?

Rshermr + Economics = George Costanza "Architect".
How about this formula?

How about this formula?

So, Oldstyle, apparently you are incapable of anything close to economic argument. You are posting worthless post after worthless post. So, it does not bother me in the slightest. But I rather believe it is annoying to others on this board And I am sure you could care less.
You are incapable of conversation, or debate, me boy. Totally. And your insults are getting old. As of now, in deference to others who may want to actually engage in discussion about the subject of this thread, you are now officially on ignore. Knock yourself out with your drivel, me boy.
No sane person (rules you out) blames FDR for the Great Depression which started some 3½ years before he even became president. Regardless, the unemployment rate dropped to under 10% in 1941 -- when government spending began skyrocketing in preparation of the war.

Do you consider Milton Friedman insane, Faun? He does in fact blame FDR for the longevity of the Great Depression.

The fact is most economists now believe that the Keynesian policies of FDR and the failure of the newly formed FED to respond to the banking crisis led to a worsening of the economic situation. For some reason that concept hasn't filtered down yet to the general public who know little about economics...you know...like Georgie?
Why would anyone care what a conservative economist thinks about FDR's Liberal policies? Anyone can look back at that period and contend anything. It's completely meaningless and unprovable.

What remains, however, is the insanity of calling it FDR's Great Depression given it started years earlier under Republican leadership and years of Republican policies; and grew worse with every passing year under Republicans until Democrats took over. Color me surprised that Conservatives want to rewrite history 80 years later to blame those who cleaned up that massive pile of Republican dung.

Why would anyone care? Quite simply...it's a reexamination of the limitations of Keynesian Economic Theory after eighty years of practice. It's a reexamination of what caused the Great Depression to linger as long as it did and a questioning of whether FDR's policies made things better or delayed the recovery. Milton Friedman isn't just any conservative economist! He's a Nobel Prize winner who is considered the second most important economist (behind Keynes) of modern times.

The Nobel Prize in economics has been awarded 71 times. Just wondering why you would pick a discredited economist who is a Libertarian, believing in a system that has never worked to produce a successful socio-economic system in the history of the earth? Odd, how you choose your economists. Perfectly in line with the favorites of the bat shit crazy con web sites.
Three Nobel Prize winners in particular have identified themselves with libertarianism: F.A. Hayek,Milton Friedman, and James Buchanan.

And, coincidentally, oldstyle picks one
Friedman is "discredited"? By who? You? Someone who pretends to have an economics degree on the internet? Milton Friedman was described by Paul Krugman as one of the economic giants of the 20th century...even if Krugman doesn't agree with all of his economic theories and is about a far left as they come...yet YOU have decided that Friedman is discredited because he believed in the ability of free markets to correct themselves.

Friedman lost nearly all credibility when his theories were tested by Ronald Reagan, and the great tax cut which created the second worst ue rate in history, Then further by the stimulus of W, which failed to do anything at all. Not sure where you were, me boy. All really well known parts of economic history.
And see yet why you will be the only person I put on ignore?

Anyone who believes the Jobless claims fell knowing that millions of unemployed people are no longer counted belongs in a mental institution

How about this formula?

How about this formula?

How about this formula?

So, Oldstyle, apparently you are incapable of anything close to economic argument. You are posting worthless post after worthless post. So, it does not bother me in the slightest. But I rather believe it is annoying to others on this board And I am sure you could care less.
You are incapable of conversation, or debate, me boy. Totally. And your insults are getting old. As of now, in deference to others who may want to actually engage in discussion about the subject of this thread, you are now officially on ignore. Knock yourself out with your drivel, me boy.
So basically you've run out of excuses why you can't provide the formula...you're embarrassed to once again be shown to be the poser that you are...so you're going to go to the "official ignore"? Same old, Georgie!!!

Anyone who believes the Jobless claims fell knowing that millions of unemployed people are no longer counted belongs in a mental institution
Why? I would love to hear your explanation of the relationship.

Mongo

There are still millions of people unemployed who don't file anymore because UC is only 26 weeks. Did you know that you are you just a fool?

That would be true. First, you never give the name of a depression to the person you task with ending a depression created by the other party. He only brought ue down from 25.4% to 14.2% before your arbitrary date. That would be, what, 11.3% from the high of the Great Republican Depression. And a decrease of MORE than any unemployment percentage EXCEPT the Great Republican Depression of 1929. I mean, there must have been something like that accomplished by a republican,right??????????????????????????????????????????

"And not down by the time Germany invaded France"??? Maybe we should look at when the Crusades occurred. Or the Vietnam War occurred. Most think the depression was heavily influenced by the US entering the war. But that was December, of 1941, And by then, the ue was at about 9.65% Down over 15% from the high of the Great Republican Depression of 1929.

1941 ue rate was 9.66%

Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

It's the FDR Depression because he's the joker that made it last his first two whole terms.

What a shame you know so little.

WWII Started in 1939 with the invasion of Poland. The USA stood aside while Poland then the lowlands fell. Once France fell in 1940 (look it up if you don't know), it was obvious we could not sit aside much longer and men started joining the US military and we started moving to wartime footing

I'd bet on the box of rock against you in Rock, Paper and Scissors and give you 2-1 odds as well and still make a fortune
No sane person (rules you out) blames FDR for the Great Depression which started some 3½ years before he even became president. Regardless, the unemployment rate dropped to under 10% in 1941 -- when government spending began skyrocketing in preparation of the war.

Do you consider Milton Friedman insane, Faun? He does in fact blame FDR for the longevity of the Great Depression.

The fact is most economists now believe that the Keynesian policies of FDR and the failure of the newly formed FED to respond to the banking crisis led to a worsening of the economic situation. For some reason that concept hasn't filtered down yet to the general public who know little about economics...you know...like Georgie?
Why would anyone care what a conservative economist thinks about FDR's Liberal policies? Anyone can look back at that period and contend anything. It's completely meaningless and unprovable.

What remains, however, is the insanity of calling it FDR's Great Depression given it started years earlier under Republican leadership and years of Republican policies; and grew worse with every passing year under Republicans until Democrats took over. Color me surprised that Conservatives want to rewrite history 80 years later to blame those who cleaned up that massive pile of Republican dung.

Why would anyone care? Quite simply...it's a reexamination of the limitations of Keynesian Economic Theory after eighty years of practice. It's a reexamination of what caused the Great Depression to linger as long as it did and a questioning of whether FDR's policies made things better or delayed the recovery. Milton Friedman isn't just any conservative economist! He's a Nobel Prize winner who is considered the second most important economist (behind Keynes) of modern times.
Ohhh, he's a Nobel prize winner?

So's Obama.

He's still among those Conservatives trying to rewrite history. His claims are nothing but theory and in no way, represent reality. Americans, by and large, agreed with FDR's policies as they re-elected him 3 times until he died.

So yeah... who cares what a conservative economist thinks about Liberal policies. It's often conservative policies which trashes the economy.

Mongo

There are still millions of people unemployed who don't file anymore because UC is only 26 weeks. Did you know that you are you just a fool?
Oh, my. You don't even know the jobless claims figure which fell is based on new claims filed, not those whose benefits expired.

No wonder you look like such an imbecile.

Last edited:
It's the FDR Depression because he's the joker that made it last his first two whole terms.

What a shame you know so little.

WWII Started in 1939 with the invasion of Poland. The USA stood aside while Poland then the lowlands fell. Once France fell in 1940 (look it up if you don't know), it was obvious we could not sit aside much longer and men started joining the US military and we started moving to wartime footing

I'd bet on the box of rock against you in Rock, Paper and Scissors and give you 2-1 odds as well and still make a fortune

So's Obama.

He's still among those Conservatives trying to rewrite history. His claims are nothing but theory and in no way, represent reality. Americans, by and large, agreed with FDR's policies as they re-elected him 3 times until he died.

So yeah... who cares what a conservative economist thinks about Liberal policies. It's often conservative policies which trashes the economy.
Yeah, but Milton Friedman actually did something to earn his Nobel Prize...Barry got his for showing up!

Let's be honest here, Faun...the Obama Nobel Peace Prize is something the Nobel Committee probably wishes they could have a do-over on!

Last edited:

Mongo

Oh, my. You don't even know the jobless claims figure which fell is based on new claims filed, not those whose benefits expired.

Don't take this the wrong way but you are a STUPID MUTHERFUCKER

Mongo

So you think people all over the country are finding jobs in 26 weeks? You a special kind of stupid

Mongo

So you think people all over the country are finding jobs in 26 weeks? You a special kind of stupid
Yikes! You're even dumber than I thought. :ack-1:

I never said that.

What I did say was ... the fall in jobless claims was for new claims filed. You're such an idiot, you thought it was for unemployed folks whose benefits ran out.

Last edited:

So's Obama.

Yeah, but Milton Friedman actually did something to earn his Nobel Prize...Barry got his for showing up!

Mongo

I never said that.

What I did say was ... the fall in jobless claims was for new claims filed. You're such an idiot, you thought it was for unemployed folks whose benefits ran out.

The people who UC claims ran out are still not counted so it's FRAUDULENT NUMBERS MUTHERFUCKER

Mongo

Don't take this the wrong way but you are a STUPID MUTHERFUCKER
Yeah, that really hurts coming from the moron who think initial jobless claims fell because others have been collecting for 26 weeks.
icon_rolleyes.gif

So's Obama.

Mongo

I never said that.

Since I didn't post that...I guess the special kind of stupid might be you, Faun...just saying! LOL

So's Obama.

Mongo

I never said that.

The people who UC claims ran out are still not counted so it's FRAUDULENT NUMBERS MUTHERFUCKER
How can you correlate figures for unknowns?

Come on..I know you can figure this one out....

Need help?

By using the algebraic completing the cube formula..

Maybe you can help out Rshermr and provide us with the economic formula that the Obama folks used to come up with their number of "jobs saved"? Or are you good with his A-B=Jobs Saved?

So's Obama.

Mongo

I never said that.

Oh, now this is fun.

The drop in initial jobless claims has nothing to do with that.

You're so stupid, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. :mm:

So's Obama.

Mongo

I never said that.

Since I didn't post that...I guess the special kind of stupid might be you, Faun...just saying! LOL
You're as dumb as fbj to think my reply was meant for you and not for him.

Maybe you can help out Rshermr and provide us with the economic formula that the Obama folks used to come up with their number of "jobs saved"? Or are you good with his A-B=Jobs Saved?
Did you drop out of junior high?
Nope...got through that...then High School...a degree in History from UMass. So did you want to help the board's George Costanza out and show us what that formula would be for determining "jobs saved"?

Forum List

Back