🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Military Not Ready to Take on iran

First of all....why would we want to take them on?
Haven't we learned our lesson on global military intervention

Secondly, we are the only military power in the world capable of executing wars around the globe
The US hasn't won a war since WWII. Capable of starting a war, yes. Capable of winning a war, no.

We are not stupid enough to fight a war of the magnitude of WWII
WWII left us as the worlds primary super power
Nothing has changed
Since WWII, US lost in Korea, Nam, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and got their ass booted in Somalia, Lebanon, Yemen and Libya. Did I leave anyone out? :D
None of those so called "wars" were lost militarily. The thread is about the US Military. The places and incidents mentioned may or may not have been lost politically, but not militarily. Ever since the congress gave up it's obligation and duty to declare wars and turn the winning of such wars directly over to the CiC as specified in the constitution wars and conflicts have been fought with interference from congress, with congress pulling strings to limit the military in it's purpose to win wars and conflicts through total defeat and surrender of the enemy.
A loss is still a loss no matter how you try to rationalize it.

Invading and occupying nations is an incredibly costly endeavor. It doesn't usually work out well for the invaders. You've already cited good exmples of that. I mean a country like Iraq barely had a military, yet the most powerful nation on earth still struggled there.

That's why i have to laugh at the Warmongers who rant & rave about Russia or China invading the U.S. I assure you, both nations are much smarter than that. They know they couldn't win. It just can't happen. But that won't stop the Warmongers from pushing the lies to get us into more wars. In my opinion, we need to stop all the meddling and interventions. Then we need to secure our border. Just how i feel anyway.

US Military Not Ready to Take on Russia, China, Iran or North Korea
GetFile.aspx
U.S. Marines participate in joint landing exercise in South Korea on March 12. (Woohae Cho/Getty Images)

Despite having the largest military budget in the world, the United States probably wouldn't be ready if it were forced into a "great power war" with China, Russia, Iran or North Korea, says the nation's top general.

Military leaders voiced concern on Wednesday about their ability to fight a war with global powers like Russia, telling a congressional hearing that a lack of resources and training was weighing on America's combat readiness, reported Reuters.

US Military Not Ready to Take on Russia, China, Iran or North Korea
It all depends on what kind of war we wage. Conventional war with love and kindness rules of engagement does not work. Wholesale destruction with strategic use of nuclear weapons is the way of the future. The lesson will be quickly learned. Don't fuck with the Big Dog.

The problem is the Big Dog's leash is being held by a miniature poodle
also next 8 years :rolleyes::D

maxresdefault.jpg

Stop that
stop what ?

Posting that corrupt old hag's picture

Well then let's not have any wars with them. Problem solved.

Long ago-----While working in an inner city hospital and was examining a rapist/murderer.
He was INDIGNANT about his the handcuffs that bound him to the hospital bed
side rails "I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO KILL HER IF SHE WOULD HAVE
STOPPED SCREAMING"

I understand your advice---"just lie back and enjoy it"

Yes, and everyone's 'Hitler' and the 'Nazis' too. Blah Blah Bah. Heard it all before. It's time for a humble foreign policy. Time to dramatically scale back the meddling and war.

A good start would be disengaging from the Middle East. Obviously we can continue trade and securing good relations, but we need to end our military involvement over there. If the nations of the Middle east wanna make war and kill each other, than so be it. But we don't belong in their lands. Time to come home.

thank you for your response----idiotic as it is. What does>>>
"Yes, and everyone's 'Hitler' and the 'Nazis' too. Blah Blah Bah. Heard it all before." have to do with anything?

The US hasn't won a war since WWII. Capable of starting a war, yes. Capable of winning a war, no.

Nothing has changed
Since WWII, US lost in Korea, Nam, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and got their ass booted in Somalia, Lebanon, Yemen and Libya. Did I leave anyone out? :D
None of those so called "wars" were lost militarily. The thread is about the US Military. The places and incidents mentioned may or may not have been lost politically, but not militarily. Ever since the congress gave up it's obligation and duty to declare wars and turn the winning of such wars directly over to the CiC as specified in the constitution wars and conflicts have been fought with interference from congress, with congress pulling strings to limit the military in it's purpose to win wars and conflicts through total defeat and surrender of the enemy.

Invading and occupying nations is an incredibly costly endeavor. It doesn't usually work out well for the invaders. You've already cited good exmples of that. I mean a country like Iraq barely had a military, yet the most powerful nation on earth still struggled there.

That's why i have to laugh at the Warmongers who rant & rave about Russia or China invading the U.S. I assure you, both nations are much smarter than that. They know they couldn't win. It just can't happen. But that won't stop the Warmongers from pushing the lies to get us into more wars. In my opinion, we need to stop all the meddling and interventions. Then we need to secure our border. Just how i feel anyway.

who said anything about "CHINA INVADING" ??? or RUSSIA ??---- they are not invading-----they are into empire building and control of waterways vital for
WORLD TRADE-----and you are advising----"lie back and enjoy it" and
"batten down the hatches" and ignore the storm above. ----------
"be happy to be under siege"---------"we have 'MREs' for at least ten years"
"Ignore the floating bodies and reddened waters"

Long ago-----While working in an inner city hospital and was examining a rapist/murderer.
STOPPED SCREAMING"

Yes, and everyone's 'Hitler' and the 'Nazis' too. Blah Blah Bah. Heard it all before. It's time for a humble foreign policy. Time to dramatically scale back the meddling and war.

A good start would be disengaging from the Middle East. Obviously we can continue trade and securing good relations, but we need to end our military involvement over there. If the nations of the Middle east wanna make war and kill each other, than so be it. But we don't belong in their lands. Time to come home.

"Yes, and everyone's 'Hitler' and the 'Nazis' too. Blah Blah Bah. Heard it all before." have to do with anything?

Warmongers always call their latest Boogeyman threats 'Another Hitler' or 'Nazis.' It's so old and tired at this point. Not everyone you have disagreement with, is Hitler or a Nazi.

Nothing has changed

What did we lose?

We "won" Iraq.
Kicked their asses, pulled Saddam out of power....put in a government that we wanted

What did we win?
Iraq was never secured by the US military. They destroyed the country and destabilized the area. A total loss and major blunder.

STOPPED SCREAMING"

Warmongers always call their latest Boogeyman threats 'Another Hitler' or 'Nazis.' It's so old and tired at this point. Not everyone you have disagreement with, is Hitler or a Nazi.

really? is that what "war mongers" do. The first time I read the word----I was about 9 or 10. It was in old propaganda pamphlets ------the "warmongers" back
then were people who claimed Hitler was not a nice man and was doing bad things.
I read the old stuff in the 1950s------the old stuff was from the mid 1930s. Lingo is
almost like finger-prints------Lingo can be used to identify people

Nothing has changed

who said anything about "CHINA INVADING" ??? or RUSSIA ??---- they are not invading-----they are into empire building and control of waterways vital for

The U.S. isn't under any 'seige.' There is no threat the U.S.military can't deal with. Unless you're talkin about invading and occupying more nations. As another poster pointed out, the most powerful nation on earth struggled to invade and occupy poor weak nations like Vietnam and Iraq. So let's stop invading and occupying. Seriously, you gotta break free of the hysterical Warmongering. We don't need more war. We need more peace.

Nothing has changed

What did we lose?

We "won" Iraq.
Kicked their asses, pulled Saddam out of power....put in a government that we wanted

What did we win?
Iraq was never secured by the US military. They destroyed the country and destabilized the area. A total loss and major blunder.

The whitehouse did not ask me-------had it asked me I would have advised
the assassination of Saddam Hussein in the 1970s Letting that animal live
was a major blunder

Nothing has changed

What did we lose?

We "won" Iraq.

What did we win?

Empire building at its finest

They will treat us as liberators. No need to keep an extended military presence in Iraq. They will embrace the joys of freedom and democracy and build a lasting coalition of Sunni, Shiite and Kurds

The U.S. isn't under any 'seige.' There is no threat the U.S.military can't deal with. Unless you're talkin about invading and occupying more nations. As another poster pointed out, the most powerful nation on earth struggled to invade and occupy poor weak nations like Vietnam and Iraq. So let's stop invading and occupying. Seriously, you gotta break free of the hysterical Warmongering. We don't need more war. We need more peace.

where did you see -----any writing by me advising INVASION AND OCCUPATION?
You are right-----the idea that Bush pushed -----"GIVE THEM DEMOCRACY"
was idiotic. It should have been ----get rid of Saddam et al, QUICK

What did we lose?

We "won" Iraq.

What did we win?

Empire building at its finest

They will treat us as liberators. No need to keep an extended military presence in Iraq. They will embrace the joys of freedom and democracy and build a lasting coalition of Sunni, Shiite and Kurds

bbrrrrrrringgggg!!! time to wake up

STOPPED SCREAMING"

really? is that what "war mongers" do. The first time I read the word----I was about 9 or 10. It was in old propaganda pamphlets ------the "warmongers" back
then were people who claimed Hitler was not a nice man and was doing bad things.
I read the old stuff in the 1950s------the old stuff was from the mid 1930s. Lingo is

We got involved with WWII because we were attacked. So the response was appropriate. But you have to stop comparing everything to WWII and the Nazis. For instance, invading a poor weak country like Iraq was a bloody blunder. It was no threat whatsoever to our nation. Same goes for Syria, Libya, Ukraine and so on. We're just doing way too much meddling at this point. We're not an Empire. Our Founding Fathers never wanted that.

No, 'Regime Change' is wrong and illegal. We wouldn't tolerate foreign nations demanding Regime Change here in our country. Who are we to demand other nations change their leadership?

STOPPED SCREAMING"

We got involved with WWII because we were attacked. So the response was appropriate. But you have to stop comparing everything to WWII and the Nazis. For instance, invading a poor weak country like Iraq was a bloody blunder. It was no threat whatsoever to our nation. Same goes for Syria, Libya, Ukraine and so on. We're just doing way too much meddling at this point. We're not an Empire. Our Founding Fathers never wanted that.

YOU brought up "blah blah hitler Nazi"-----not me. The rapist/murderer to whom I alluded was not a Nazi-----he did not even have a german background.
The Nazi genocide was the first I had ever heard of----(as a child) ---I do tend to
identify genocides with your hero. The first time I encountered the word
"warmonger" was in the literature of the 1930s which I read in the 50s ----it referred to people who were DISSING----adolf---back then. Would you prefer
I compare your heroes to ATTILLA THE HUN?

See, you don't have use your military to take over nations these days. Times have changed.

China buys Sharaton/Westin Hotels

(Reuters) - Starwood Hotels & Resorts Inc <HOT.N>, the operator of Sheraton and Westin hotels, said on Friday it planned to accept a raised buyout offer from a group led by China's Anbang Insurance and scrap its deal with Marriott International Inc <MAR.O>.

A successful deal would bolster Anbang's reputation as one of China's top corporate acquirers and would follow its purchase of New York's iconic Waldorf Astoria hotel last year.

It would also be the biggest acquisition of a U.S. company by a China-based investor.

More:
Sheraton owner Starwood set to accept offer from China's Anbang
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

YOU brought up "blah blah hitler Nazi"-----not me. The rapist/murderer to whom I alluded was not a Nazi-----he did not even have a german background.
The Nazi genocide was the first I had ever heard of----(as a child) ---I do tend to
"warmonger" was in the literature of the 1930s which I read in the 50s ----it referred to people who were DISSING----adolf---back then. Would you prefer

Your perceived 'logic' is actually illogical lunacy. Gotta make sure we keep your kind away from the button. :cuckoo:

No, 'Regime Change' is wrong and illegal. We wouldn't tolerate foreign nations demanding Regime Change here in our country. Who are we to demand other nations change their leadership?

your hero, SADDAM was engaged in GENOCIDE------he killed hundreds of thousands of people for simply BEING either kurds or Shiites. He also
funded international terrorism. He was an enemy to ALL CIVILIZED PERSONS
(not you)

Your perceived 'logic' is actually illogical lunacy. Gotta make sure we keep your kind away from the button. :cuckoo:

****THE BUTTON***** ????

your hero, SADDAM was engaged in GENOCIDE------he killed hundreds of thousands of people for simply BEING either kurds or Shiites. He also
funded international terrorism. He was an enemy to ALL CIVILIZED PERSONS
(not you)

So then your nation goes in and commits an even more horrific Genocide. Ok, whatever. Much of Iraq was actually fine with Hussein. It was Bush and his cronies who had the big problem with him. But we don't have the legal right to declare 'Regime Change' on any nation. We wouldn't tolerate others demanding it of us. 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'

Forum List

Back