US OK's first factory in Cuba since revolution

Soooo....you just want to out source them to Cuba instead.........lefty thinking.......

How many jobs do you think those guys would have created stateside competing with other tractor producers? Their success probably depends on operating in Cuba. Why not focus your rage at Walmart for destroying small businesses all over the United States and sending all of their production to China?

But you aren't in favor of taxing the shit out of the tractor manufacturer?

If they weren't small time I would be. If they end up being wildly successful and employ millions of people in Cuba I will support imposing heavy taxes for outsourcing. They probably won't be that successful, though.

How about Carrier sending all those jobs to mexico?
They should be punished right?

jobs that could have gone to Americans

well at least they wont go to China or Mexico

good going obama

--LOL

Couldn't the US use those jobs? So, the company had to have permission to open a business in Cuba? We have a normalized relationship with them...

Does it make much business sense to build the tractors here and then pay to ship them to Cuba?

It's 90 miles away.
Shipping costs would be minimal.

good going obama

--LOL

Couldn't the US use those jobs? So, the company had to have permission to open a business in Cuba? We have a normalized relationship with them...

Does it make much business sense to build the tractors here and then pay to ship them to Cuba?
Okay, I agree with that. but did you answer why this company wanted O's blessing? How come anyone has to ask where they can build a company?

good going obama

--LOL

It's 90 miles away.

How do you know that? Did you ask them?

If building them here would be more cost effective don't you think they would be?

good going obama

--LOL

Okay, I agree with that. but did you answer why this company wanted O's blessing? How come anyone has to ask where they can build a company?

They didn't. Obama was not involved in this decision. A department of the federal government was and I imagine that had something to do with the fact that the embargo just ended. There are probably still certain laws, etc. on the books they wanted to make sure they weren't running afoul of.

good going obama

--LOL

It's 90 miles away.

How do you know that? Did you ask them?

If building them here would be more cost effective don't you think they would be?

How is losing American jobs cost effective?
Let the commies build their own tractor factory....for national pride and all.

How does one lose something they never had in the first place?

So an American company shouldn't be allowed to set up a factory in another country, make a profit, return that profit to our country thus contributing to our economy here at home?

How does one lose something they never had in the first place?

So an American company shouldn't be allowed to set up a factory in another country, make a profit, return that profit to our country thus contributing to our economy here at home?

It's the hypocrisy that really gets me.
First of all I'm against the exporting of jobs of all kinds.
Liberals cry about exporting jobs until a communist country is the one that benefits and or because Barry says it's a good thing.

Cant have it both ways.
And with the embargo being lifted why wouldnt a cuban citizen start a tractor factory?

good going obama

--LOL
^ "free market conservative"

Yeah owners from Alabama making money by selling tractors in Cuba that wouldn't exist otherwise is a real blow to America.

:cuckoo:

You got a link old fool?
The OP's link. Do you think they should make tractors here and export them to Cuba instead? That's tacking on a hell of a lot of expense.

How are you people in this thread so dumb? If I spotted an opportunity where I could sell tractors to Cuban farmers, and my profits would be big because I can make the tractors in Cuba I would do it. But you people want them to make the tractors in the U.S., where the cost of living is higher meaning I'd have to pay higher wages to attract workers; and not only that I'd then have to pay to have those tractors delivered into Cuba? Why would I do that?

Yet another spectacular foreign policy grand slam home run by President Obama, especially when compared to the "nothing" but gutter balls we got from the last two administrations.

President Obama, you're the man! Thank you for putting up with all the bullshit, and still doing a fantastic job.
You like getting buttfucked by Obama. That would be your problem.

[...]
That's true. But the overall reciprocal benefits from this normalization will far outweigh this export of jobs.

How so?
The demand for American products, mainly automobiles and parts, will account for billions in revenues.

How exactly will these people afford new cars?
I mean I can see the need for 1950 Chevy parts but with what these people make they couldnt afford those.

[...]
That's true. But the overall reciprocal benefits from this normalization will far outweigh this export of jobs.

How so?
The demand for American products, mainly automobiles and parts, will account for billions in revenues.

How exactly will these people afford new cars?
I mean I can see the need for 1950 Chevy parts but with what these people make they couldnt afford those.
You can only buy nothing with nothing. The Castros will continue to do well, though.

good going obama

--LOL
^ "free market conservative"

Yeah owners from Alabama making money by selling tractors in Cuba that wouldn't exist otherwise is a real blow to America.

:cuckoo:

You got a link old fool?
The OP's link. Do you think they should make tractors here and export them to Cuba instead? That's tacking on a hell of a lot of expense.

First of all Obama has no business propping up the Castro regime, which has been struggling since the fall of the Soviet Union, and Venezuela's collapse ....Good riddance Chavez.. .We don't ship our jobs to Cuba ...Understand? Soon they''ll be making trackers there and shipping them here. I hope I cleared that up for you:thup:

the PROGRESSIVE/Democrat party is filled with Traitors/Enemies withIN out to bring us down. how you support that party is beyond me. it's like why not just take a knife and cut your own throat

Yet another knife in the back of the blue collar worker. Illegal and legal immigration, jobs flowing overseas, Obamacare mandates, and now this.

Perfect! Obama Moves Tractor Factory to Cuba - The Gateway Pundit

The Obama administration approved the first U.S. factory to be built and operated in Cuba in more than 50 years, in the latest sign of the rapidly changing relationship between the United States and the communist nation.

Cleber LLC, an Alabama-based company that builds tractors for small farms, was notified by the Treasury Department that it could open a facility in Cuba. Co-founder Saul Berenthal said the company’s attorney was in Havana on Monday to start the lengthy process of finalizing the agreement with the Cuban government and hopes to start production by early 2017.

Berenthal said he was proud to get the approval, but it means even more for the future relationship between the Cold War foes.

“Being first is great,” he said. “But for certain, we should not be the only ones. We’re hoping and expecting many more will follow.”

Forum List

Back