🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US pledges loyalty to NATO

Which U turns are these? I dont see it. He still wants good relations with Russia, but he can only moves so fast.
Trump claims the Crimea.

"Hegemony" is a marxist weasel word that does not differentiate between imperial conquest vrs economic trade. They see protecting trading partners as hegemony when it is exactly the opposite.

If Russia wanted to defeat us without firing a shot, they would work on their own economy, demographic growth rates, generate a counter Western culture, Which should be fairly easy to do these days with most Westerners disgusted with the antics of Hollywood today, and turn the tables on the Oligarchs that run things in our side of the Eurasian continent.

But the way boundaries are held as sacred these days makes no sense. Ethnic Russians would like to be in Russia again, so maybe a better response is to have a homestead program for Russian immigrants? Welcome them in and give thema boost to get into the swing of things and COMPETE with us instead of rattling war sabers.
Russia is not rattling sabers.

"Russia is not rattling sabers."
I think they are rattling a spy ship off the coast or Norfolk.

Which U turns are these? I dont see it. He still wants good relations with Russia, but he can only moves so fast.
Trump claims the Crimea.

"Hegemony" is a marxist weasel word that does not differentiate between imperial conquest vrs economic trade. They see protecting trading partners as hegemony when it is exactly the opposite.

If Russia wanted to defeat us without firing a shot, they would work on their own economy, demographic growth rates, generate a counter Western culture, Which should be fairly easy to do these days with most Westerners disgusted with the antics of Hollywood today, and turn the tables on the Oligarchs that run things in our side of the Eurasian continent.

But the way boundaries are held as sacred these days makes no sense. Ethnic Russians would like to be in Russia again, so maybe a better response is to have a homestead program for Russian immigrants? Welcome them in and give thema boost to get into the swing of things and COMPETE with us instead of rattling war sabers.

But when China seizes a US spy ship, it is a Chinese aggression, right?

I
The impression has already been given that so-called President Trump will only honor Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (that all members will come to the aid of any one signatory which is attacked) on condition that it has spent 2% of its national income on defense. This attitude of Trump has created deep suspicion in the European Union. The damage is done. James Mattis, Trump's defense secretary and Rex Tillerson, his secretary of state, have both stated that the USA is supportive of European Union (EU) security but we cannot unhear what their boss has already said. Mike Pence, Trump's vice president and John Kelly, his homeland security secretary arrived in Munich on Friday night to deliver the same message.at a security conference yesterday. But the U-turn from Trump's message will not be believed.

In Europe, the belief that Donald Trump has a confused mind is already widespread. Trump gave a warm welcome to those who are taking Britain out of the EU and he urged other member states to do the same. Wanting the EU to fall asunder and claiming to care about EU security is contradictory. Trump's Middle East policy is a break in decades of the United States by promising to move the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and he does not necessarily back a two-state solution to the Israel/Palestine problem.

It was reported in THE TIMES yesterday that Ursula von der Leyen, Germany's defense minister, gave Mattis a cautious welcome with words that were directed to his boss: "Our American friends know well that their tone on Europe and NATO has a direct influence on the cohesion of our continent. A stable European Union is just as much in the American interest as a united NATO." (page 8)

Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission rejected the demand of Trump that 2% of a country's income must be spent on the military alone. Other issues also impact on security he told the Munich conference: "I am very much against letting ourselves be pushed into this. I do not like our American friends narrowing down this concept of security to the military. If you look at what Europe is doing in defense, plus development aid, plus humanitarian aid, the comparison with the US looks rather different."
In other words, the EU is defenseless and begs for more protection from the enemies that they have decided to create at the order of Washington. America successfully weakened the position of the EU and the EU cries for more. Now they assure them their friendship and even have a good argument: Most NATO members do not pay the amount they have agreed upon. It is no help to refer to the fact they have spent the money on something else.
However, the move fits perfectly in Trumps series of U-turns and we can expect none of the big major changes. Watch the Trump video that was made by Anonymous. It shows him propagating all the revolutionary stuff he does not want to have said anymore.
You make the wrong conclusion from a false fact.
The EU is not defenseless and I did not say it is.
What I said was the same as was said by Angela Merkel earlier this month, that being unable to count on American support means the European Union must be ready to defend itself.
We have a European Union army and it must be readied for possible trouble from Russia which has a border with several EU states This is a separate from the NATO countries although some have membership in both. The EU army does not rely on the Americans for help.

EU%20Army%202_zps9qdbdj5a.jpg

Threats from the so-called American president to refuse honoring Article 5 of NATO should be taken to mean the EU army is battle-ready.

European countries that are members of NATO have seen themselves entangled in Middle East wars and beyond which have nothing to do with Europe and which in no way benefits Europe.

Furthermore, it is better to invest in diplomacy, and humanitarian assistance as well as fighting forces. Keeping a peace that is grounded in justice and maintained by good relations with neighbors from a position of strength and goodwill saves bloodshed.
An EU army does not exist. It is a paper army. The European national armies are weak and could not do anything about a Russian invasion. There is no Russian threat, anyway. Under the US banner the EU scares off nations that could be friends. Insane.
You are behind in your information. Three months ago, the European Parliament approved the creation of an EU army. "The European Parliament has backed plans to create a defence union which will secure structured cooperation between nations as well as a new EU military operational headquarters."
The EU moves closer to creating a 'European army'
For years various battle groups on maneuvers. Last year Germany backed a call by European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker for the European Union to push ahead with developing an EU army.
Berlin backs Jean-Claude Juncker call for European army

Nordic_Battle_Group_zpssih5lgj2.jpg

Irish Army personnel from the Nordic Battle Group at an exercise in 2010
Military of the European Union - Wikipedia
A wikipedia article is not an army.

And 28 x ridiculous is not equal to 1 x strong.

NATO runs short on some munitions in Libya
I furnished three articles which mention the European Union army, You dismiss then all but in what respect are they false?
Are you denying that the picture of the Irish troops as part of the Nordic Battle Group are real or do you believe they are actors?
When faced with proof that your claim that there is no European Union army, you simply deny it.

I
In other words, the EU is defenseless and begs for more protection from the enemies that they have decided to create at the order of Washington. America successfully weakened the position of the EU and the EU cries for more. Now they assure them their friendship and even have a good argument: Most NATO members do not pay the amount they have agreed upon. It is no help to refer to the fact they have spent the money on something else.
However, the move fits perfectly in Trumps series of U-turns and we can expect none of the big major changes. Watch the Trump video that was made by Anonymous. It shows him propagating all the revolutionary stuff he does not want to have said anymore.
What I said was the same as was said by Angela Merkel earlier this month, that being unable to count on American support means the European Union must be ready to defend itself.
We have a European Union army and it must be readied for possible trouble from Russia which has a border with several EU states This is a separate from the NATO countries although some have membership in both. The EU army does not rely on the Americans for help.

Threats from the so-called American president to refuse honoring Article 5 of NATO should be taken to mean the EU army is battle-ready.

European countries that are members of NATO have seen themselves entangled in Middle East wars and beyond which have nothing to do with Europe and which in no way benefits Europe.

Furthermore, it is better to invest in diplomacy, and humanitarian assistance as well as fighting forces. Keeping a peace that is grounded in justice and maintained by good relations with neighbors from a position of strength and goodwill saves bloodshed.
An EU army does not exist. It is a paper army. The European national armies are weak and could not do anything about a Russian invasion. There is no Russian threat, anyway. Under the US banner the EU scares off nations that could be friends. Insane.
You are behind in your information. Three months ago, the European Parliament approved the creation of an EU army. "The European Parliament has backed plans to create a defence union which will secure structured cooperation between nations as well as a new EU military operational headquarters."
For years various battle groups on maneuvers. Last year Germany backed a call by European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker for the European Union to push ahead with developing an EU army.

I furnished three articles which mention the European Union army, You dismiss then all but in what respect are they false?
Are you denying that the picture of the Irish troops as part of the Nordic Battle Group are real or do you believe they are actors?
When faced with proof that your claim that there is no European Union army, you simply deny it.
You mentioned plans to create an EU army and you mentioned Irish troops. What´s so hard about understanding the term Irish? EU military cooperation is nothing more than communication between independent forces.

Trump claims the Crimea.

Of course it is. Do you have a point?

Trump claims the Crimea.

Of course it is. Do you have a point?
lol. Not willing to eat his own fart.

I

You mentioned plans to create an EU army and you mentioned Irish troops. What´s so hard about understanding the term Irish? EU military cooperation is nothing more than communication between independent forces.
You are mistaken. I purposely included an old photo from 2010 of Irish troops who are part of the Nordic Battle Group on maneuvers.

I

You are mistaken. I purposely included an old photo from 2010 of Irish troops who are part of the Nordic Battle Group on maneuvers.
Still, Irish troops means Irish troops.

Forum List

Back