US swallowed $9.7 billion loss on General Motors bailout

GM is not Detroit and vice versa.

We also are footing the $24 Billion bill from the GOP temper tantrum that shut down the government...

I've yet to see any actual proof on this...you gotta a link?

Shit, we wasted that much every week in Iraq when the repukes were in charge.

Just like we are still wasting that much in Afghanistan today with the Democrats in Charge.
By the way how many American contractors are still working in the Vatican Sized US Embassy in Baghdad?

We also are footing the $24 Billion bill from the GOP temper tantrum that shut down the government...

Shutdown took $24 billion bite out of economy - Oct. 16, 2013

That is not a bill we are footing. That is an estimate of money which wasn't spent and thus isn't circulating in the U.S. economy. Some of the money could have been spent if the Obama administration hadn't insisted on posting guards to shut down sites which had been allowed to operate during past governmental shut downs.

Curious how you call the shutdown a GOP temper tantrum when

A) Obama and the Democrats are the ones who said they would not compromise even it if it meant defaulting on our debts and

B) the past month has thoroughly vindicated Republicans on what they were protesting against.

Shutdown took $24 billion bite out of economy - Oct. 16, 2013

Thanks, although I see no blame assigning. With Democrats holding 66.6% of the federal elected power a minimum of 18 billion would fall on them if you wanted to be fair.

Last edited:

Odd, under Obama/Dem control of over 5 years, and 7 years if you go off congress.... And they spend 150 billion more than Bush/reps did on the military, every year.

I'll bet you're really concerned to be part of the big, giant wasteful war party.

That is not a bill we are footing. That is an estimate of money which wasn't spent and thus isn't circulating in the U.S. economy. Some of the money could have been spent if the Obama administration hadn't insisted on posting guards to shut down sites which had been allowed to operate during past governmental shut downs.

Curious how you call the shutdown a GOP temper tantrum when

A) Obama and the Democrats are the ones who said they would not compromise even it if it meant defaulting on our debts and

B) the past month has thoroughly vindicated Republicans on what they were protesting against.

$24 billion out of the economy is still a bill we are footing.

The nuts in the GOP held a gun to the country's head. The country has a policy of not negotiating with terrorists and hostage takers...with good reason.

US took a $9.7 billion bath on GM and Detroit still went bankrupt.

What is Obama going to do to save the Motor City? Or does he not care anymore now that he has been reelected?

That was money well spent -- it got him 4 more years in office to continue his destructive policies. No reason for any more concern.
Last time the Right bitched about this they said we would lose 18.8 billion. Want to bet it ends up less than 9.7 billion?

Thanks, although I see no blame assigning. With Democrats holding 66.6% of the federal elected power a minimum of 18 billion would fall on them if you wanted to be fair.

It was only the GOP that shut down the government and they have been rightfully blamed for it no matter how pathetically they try to imply otherwise.

US took a $9.7 billion bath on GM and Detroit still went bankrupt.

What is Obama going to do to save the Motor City? Or does he not care anymore now that he has been reelected?

That was money well spent -- it got him 4 more years in office to continue his destructive policies. No reason for any more concern.
Last time the Right bitched about this they said we would lose 18.8 billion. Want to bet it ends up less than 9.7 billion?

I'll take that bet

GM will be bankrupt again within 5 years

Odd, under Obama/Dem control of over 5 years, and 7 years if you go off congress.... And they spend 150 billion more than Bush/reps did on the military, every year.

I'll bet you're really concerned to be part of the big, giant wasteful war party.

Really? I didn't know that. Republicans have been telling me for years that the Democrats hate the military and are decimating it. And all this time we have been giving more support to the military than the GOP war hawks did? You learn something new every day.

It was only the GOP that shut down the government and they have been rightfully blamed for it no matter how pathetically they try to imply otherwise.

:lol:..so you're not interested in being fair..no problem

Forum List

Back