Us versus them. Why are americans turning on each other?

I don't think its unreasonable to say that people should be allowed to safely use a public bathroom. If transgender people are being beaten in bathrooms across North Carolina then I would say thats a problem. If girls are being molested by cross dressers in bathrooms across north carolina then i would say thats a problem

We are not divided"over who uses the bathroom. The liberal media keeps the issue alive even though most Americans dismiss it and it is backfiring on democrats. The bottom line is the perception promoted by the liberal media that masks the true feeling of Americans.

I don't know what you are talking about. I primarily watch fox news and read the guardian and the intercept. and fox news has talked about this bathroom fiasco constantly. I wouldn't call Fox news liberal media

Oh and I forgot my FAVORITE issue. Liberals get pissed when a bakery won't make a gay cake and conservatives get pissed when a bakery won't make a racist cake.

You people do realize eating a cake doesn't affect your right to be gay or racist?
It's not the baking of the cake which has people at odds, it's the whey they are decorated..

I am aware, the point is that liberals and conservatives are on the same side of this debate. When the Indiana bakery refused to bake cakes for gay couples getting married the liberal media threw a fit. When a walmart baker refused to bake a cake with the confederate flag on it conservatives threw a fit. What both sides fail to see is that they are in esence making the same arguement. A bakery owned by a private citizen should be allowed to make or not make whatever cake they want. If conservatives insist that wal mart make racist cakes then indiana bakery has to make gay cakes, and vice versa
Sure, but it must be done with intentional tact,to avoid laws...
Which laws? There is no law against freedom of religion or speech....Wait a minute.
Liberalism is an irony wrapped in enigma
Most liberal policies are invented by self hating guilt ridden overly race and culture conscious highly offended people.
Meanwhile the beneficiaries of liberal policies blame Caucasians for all of their problems.
I listen to/watch news casts. It seems that the words "white "and "Caucasian" are synonyms for 'guilty' as charged.....
And I well aware this gives you self hating leftist white people a fucking 5 hour hard on.

Are you referring to me? I promise i am not a self hating white person who feels guilty for the plight of anyone
The quote feature is your friend

We are not divided"over who uses the bathroom. The liberal media keeps the issue alive even though most Americans dismiss it and it is backfiring on democrats. The bottom line is the perception promoted by the liberal media that masks the true feeling of Americans.

I don't know what you are talking about. I primarily watch fox news and read the guardian and the intercept. and fox news has talked about this bathroom fiasco constantly. I wouldn't call Fox news liberal media
Hardly, since a Muslim is their biggest investor..

Read any forum post in politics and its liberals bashing conservatives or vice versa. Conservatives and liberals always in lock step behind their candidate. Ask the majority of Trump supporters or Hillary supporters why they are voting for the candidate and the #1 answer is because their candidate isn't the other candidate. The majority of conversations here don't center around policy or any tangible issue. It's all slander and character attacks.

What we fail to realize is that 75% (maybe more) of the population has so much in common but yet we get divided over who uses what bathroom.

I read an article the other day about "Obama's war or police." So I looked at some statistics and come to find out the past few years the number of police killed in the line of duty has been declining. I also learned that more children under the age of 17 are killed every year by gunshot wounds than police.

In North Carolina the state legislature decided to pass a bathroom law (something magical must have happened this year that required this law to come into existence) then Obama overruled the law and the whole country went crazy.

What the fuck are we fighting about? Somehow MSNBC cares about Melania Trump and her modeling career. Somehow the size of a man's hands matters for being president. What the fuck are we fighting about.

Can we talk about debt and deficits, can we talk about jobs and growth. Can we talk about affordable healthcare and corporations writing our laws? Can we talk about spending cuts and raising revenue? Can we talk about public education and corporate fraud? These are debates we need to have, not more Benghazi hearings or hand measuring contests.

Well said.

However, the Civil War is alive and well in America today, and political parties, politicians, and the corptocracy that owns this nation all feed off a dumbed-down, non-intellectual American population. The Fourth Estate no longer exists. It's been replaced by Tabloid-esque sensationalism that only tells the stories the plutocracy want told.

You live in a country where a reality show host with no legislative experience is running for president and attracting millions and millions of voters. The chaotic and sad state of America that you describe should be of no surprise to anyone.

Truth is, we don't deserve anything better .. and, it's only going to get worse.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Hardly, since a Muslim is their biggest investor..

A muslim is fox news biggest investor?

I don't think its unreasonable to say that people should be allowed to safely use a public bathroom. If transgender people are being beaten in bathrooms across North Carolina then I would say thats a problem. If girls are being molested by cross dressers in bathrooms across north carolina then i would say thats a problem
The trans-gendered have been using the females terlets for many years, and they never noticed until the subject was brought up...Trannies that are male to female do not have a perversion towards little girls in terlets, they are ghey,,,Little girls and women are not in their scope of sexual activity....That is what the complainers don't get....

Read any forum post in politics and its liberals bashing conservatives or vice versa. Conservatives and liberals always in lock step behind their candidate. Ask the majority of Trump supporters or Hillary supporters why they are voting for the candidate and the #1 answer is because their candidate isn't the other candidate. The majority of conversations here don't center around policy or any tangible issue. It's all slander and character attacks.

What we fail to realize is that 75% (maybe more) of the population has so much in common but yet we get divided over who uses what bathroom.

I read an article the other day about "Obama's war or police." So I looked at some statistics and come to find out the past few years the number of police killed in the line of duty has been declining. I also learned that more children under the age of 17 are killed every year by gunshot wounds than police.

In North Carolina the state legislature decided to pass a bathroom law (something magical must have happened this year that required this law to come into existence) then Obama overruled the law and the whole country went crazy.

What the fuck are we fighting about? Somehow MSNBC cares about Melania Trump and her modeling career. Somehow the size of a man's hands matters for being president. What the fuck are we fighting about.

Can we talk about debt and deficits, can we talk about jobs and growth. Can we talk about affordable healthcare and corporations writing our laws? Can we talk about spending cuts and raising revenue? Can we talk about public education and corporate fraud? These are debates we need to have, not more Benghazi hearings or hand measuring contests.

Well said.

However, the Civil War is alive and well in America today, and political parties, politicians, and the corptocracy that owns this nation all feed off a dumbed-down, non-intellectual American population. The Fourth Estate no longer exists. It's been replaced by Tabloid-esque sensationalism that only tells the stories the plutocracy want told.

You live in a country where a reality show host with no legislative experience is running for president and attracting millions and millions of voters. The chaotic and sad state of America that you describe should be of no surprise to anyone.

Truth is, we don't deserve anything better.

I agree and in my meager attempts to civilize, I come to these message boards not with the intention of slandering any single person but discussing these issues in a broader context.

Yes it's idealistic but I like to think we can aspire to better discourse and so I do my part, 1 post at a time

Well said.

Truth is, we don't deserve anything better .. and, it's only going to get worse.
Yes we do deserve better, yet the ones in control don't think so...

Well said.

Truth is, we don't deserve anything better.

I agree and in my meager attempts to civilize, I come to these message boards not with the intention of slandering any single person but discussing these issues in a broader context.

Yes it's idealistic but I like to think we can aspire to better discourse and so I do my part, 1 post at a time

I applaud your idealism good brother. I used to have it.

I've been an involved activist for social change since I was 16. I was determined that I wasn't going to end up a broke activist, so I finished my degree in IT, worked for Fortune 500 companies, made good money .. but always made time to be involved in community and politics. I spent 4 years with a real up close and personal view of American politics in DC. It's like watching sausage being made .. you never want to eat it again. I will never work in politics ever again.

As I look back on the years up to where America is today, what stands out most is what this nation has not accomplished and how backward and self-serving the American people have become.

Today, I'm just an observer. I have no answers that would make any difference. I've accepted the reality of just how mindboggling dumb the American people really are.

Today I spend that passion doing things that touch the lives of real people .. and I can honestly say that I get more satisfaction from the community work I do now then I ever got from my career or politics.

Make no mistake, I agree with everything you're said, but an honest look at the mindset of the people you're talking to may cause you to seek peace and salvation on a different path.

Us versus them. Why are americans turning on each other ?

The answer is simple,: the liberals in this country are trying to turn the USA into a piss ass degenerate Venezuela where any perversion goes.

I've heard that from a lot of right wingers. What reason do you think liberals might have to do something like that? Do you think we want to lower our own standard of living, and why would we want to do that?

Well said.

Yes we do deserve better, yet the ones in control don't think so...

Those in control aren't going to change anything. So if change or a better society is going to happen, it can ONLY happen if the American people make it happen.

Many like to talk about the Constitution, but few actually understand the significance of the Declaration of Independence. It defines the difference between being a citizen and a subject to the Crown. We are a nation of subjects to the Crown and in no position to do anything about that which controls and makes fools of us all.

As to the title of this thread. The far left has become a cult. And that cult is so bizarre and polarizing that it is creating a rift in American society. Literally, you have to choose between sanity or letting men use women's showers & restrooms. There seems to be no compromise and no end in sight from the left's pushing it...pushing it...PUSHING IT....

I think politicians deliberately focus on social issues to keep attention away from national security, the deficit, the economy and open borders.

The left has been getting people riled by inciting class wars (tax the evil wealthy and give it back to the rightful owners who never earned it) and race wars by vilifying cops and claiming it's racist to want secure borders. Those issues are the most divisive and it's working.

Welfare people don't really worry about the economy and maybe don't understand it. They understand that some have more than them and they've been taught to believe that isn't fair.

Blacks are angrier than ever at whites, especially cops. In the absence of racism, the race baiters found a new way to declare people guilty- white privilege. You're white, you're privileged. Case closed. Now make reparations.

People are concerned about crime and terrorism. Too many think that all the new laws only affect criminals and terrorists. Meanwhile, the innocent have less liberty and freedom and the bad guys carry on. How many terrorists have been caught by TSA? How many innocent people have been harassed by TSA?

So many big problems that people should agree are problems. Funny that the right is worried about ISIS while the left believes they aren't a problem.

The right believes small businesses going bankrupt is a problem and the left thinks government programs are better than the private sector.

The differences are most often due to the remedies for problems. Poor? Well, some education and a job would do the trick, along with some aid during the process. It would seem a good compromise. Help people, but slowly get them off the doles. I don't understand why the continued debate on that one.

Speaking of debate, the global warming science should be debated until we get rid of all the skewed science. The proposed solutions should be heavily debated.

I hear that people who work should be able to make a living. I worked as a waitress as a teen. No way in hell would that salary be enough to pay rent, utilities, food and other expenses. Wasn't meant to since it was a starter job. My real job paid the bills just fine, but that was after experience, education and proving myself. No way would I have started a family before I was able to provide. Even though people can lose their jobs, welfare is there till they are back on their feet. It's easier to get back on your feet if you were independent before falling. Your first priority is planning for your future and making sure you have education and experience. Care about yourself enough to make the most of school. Gain experience through summer jobs. Make money and save money. If you quit school to have your baby and go on welfare, you may never get on your feet.

Again, it's how to handle the problems that separate the right and left. And it's understanding how government programs, like welfare, affect people, and even do harm in the long run.

If a politician needs poor people or 'victims' to ensure a victory, rest assured they will make sure there are plenty of victims to vote for them.

Last edited:
As to the title of this thread. The far left has become a cult. And that cult is so bizarre and polarizing that it is creating a rift in American society. Literally, you have to choose between sanity or letting men use women's showers & restrooms. There seems to be no compromise and no end in sight from the left's pushing it...pushing it...PUSHING IT....
The right does it also, especially when allied with religious political action groups, yet the GOP under Boosh, the GOP rejected the Heritage Foundation as a co-partner in govt..

I think politicians deliberately focus on social issues to keep attention away from national security, the deficit, the economy and open borders.

The left has been getting people riled by inciting class wars (tax the evil wealthy and give it back to the rightful owners who never earned it) and race wars by vilifying cops and claiming it's racist to want secure borders. Those issues are the most divisive and it's working.

Welfare people don't really worry about the economy and maybe don't understand it. They understand that some have more than them and they've been taught to believe that isn't fair.

Blacks are angrier than ever at whites, especially cops. In the absence of racism, the race baiters found a new way to declare people guilty- white privilege. You're white, you're privileged. Case closed. Now make reparations.

People are concerned about crime and terrorism. Too many think that all the new laws only affect criminals and terrorists. Meanwhile, the innocent have less liberty and freedom and the bad guys carry on. How many terrorists have been caught by TSA? How many innocent people have been harassed by TSA?

So many big problems that people should agree are problems. Funny that the right is worried about ISIS while the left believes they aren't a problem.

The right believes small businesses going bankrupt is a problem and the left thinks government programs are better than the private sector.

The differences are most often due to the remedies for problems. Poor? Well, some education and a job would do the trick, along with some aid during the process. It would seem a good compromise. Help people, but slowly get them off the doles. I don't understand why the continued debate on that one.

Speaking of debate, the global warming science should be debated until we get rid of all the skewed science. The proposed solutions should be heavily debated.

I hear that people who work should be able to make a living. I worked as a waitress as a teen. No way in hell would that salary be enough to pay rent, utilities, food and other expenses. Wasn't meant to since it was a starter job. My real job paid the bills just fine, but that was after experience, education and proving myself. No way would I have started a family before I was able to provide. Even though people can lose their jobs, welfare is there till they are back on their feet. It's easier to get back on your feet if you were independent before falling. Your first priority is planning for your future and making sure you have education and experience. Care about yourself enough to make the most of school. Gain experience through summer jobs. Make money and save money. If you quit school to have your baby and go on welfare, you may never get on your feet.

Again, it's how to handle the problems that separate the right and left. And it's understanding how government programs, like welfare, affect people, and even do harm in the long run.

If a politician needs poor people or 'victims' to ensure a victory, rest assured they will make sure there are plenty of victims to vote for them.

So because I make the claim that systemic and institutional racism exist I am fabricating a problem out of white guilt in order to divide people?

Do you even allow for the possibility that systemic and institutional racism do exist? Or does that idea offend your own agenda?

Can I claim that people are responsible for themselves while also recognizing that where you start in life impacts the ease or difficulty of the road you must travel to be successful?

Can I agree that as a nation we have an obligation to secure our borders while at the same time claiming that demonizing people trying to escape sex and drug trafficking aren't my enemy? Or does compassion make me guilty of dividing people?

Can I agree that we don't want perverted men using a women's bathroom while at the same time claiming that transgender people due face an unnecessary degree of shame and ridicule in some communities? Or does that make me a libtard?

Can I agree that government shouldn't impede economic progress while at the same time claim that government should prevent greed from becoming self destructive? Or does that make me a communist?

Can I agree that bigger government isn't necessarily a good thing but also claim there have been many times government action has been a net positive for our country?

Can I agree that we must face the threats of religious terrorism whole heartedly and with force while also claiming that war has become a business model for private defense profiteering? Or does that make me a muslim apologist?

Can I agree that armed criminals shouldn't shoot cops while at the same time claiming that cops shouldn't murder unarmed criminals? Or do only cops lives matter?

So because I make the claim that systemic and institutional racism exist I am fabricating a problem out of white guilt in order to divide people?

Do you even allow for the possibility that systemic and institutional racism do exist? Or does that idea offend your own agenda?

Can I claim that people are responsible for themselves while also recognizing that where you start in life impacts the ease or difficulty of the road you must travel to be successful?

Can I agree that as a nation we have an obligation to secure our borders while at the same time claiming that demonizing people trying to escape sex and drug trafficking aren't my enemy? Or does compassion make me guilty of dividing people?

Can I agree that we don't want perverted men using a women's bathroom while at the same time claiming that transgender people due face an unnecessary degree of shame and ridicule in some communities? Or does that make me a libtard?

Can I agree that government shouldn't impede economic progress while at the same time claim that government should prevent greed from becoming self destructive? Or does that make me a communist?

Can I agree that bigger government isn't necessarily a good thing but also claim there have been many times government action has been a net positive for our country?

Can I agree that we must face the threats of religious terrorism whole heartedly and with force while also claiming that war has become a business model for private defense profiteering? Or does that make me a muslim apologist?

Can I agree that armed criminals shouldn't shoot cops while at the same time claiming that cops shouldn't murder unarmed criminals? Or do only cops lives matter?

You have written an outstanding post here.

Very well done.

What you're describing is the kind of simplistic, shallow, binary thinking that has so infected our political "discourse", and it's now essentially standard operating procedure on both ends of the spectrum, a reflexive behavior. Everything you listed could be turned around into the other direction and it would also be accurate.

If you say this, you must also mean that. If you defend a person's right to feel this way, you must agree with what they're saying. Both sides do that, and when they do, the conversation goes right into the crapper. And once communication goes, so do the answers.

I don't know how this gets fixed. The obvious answer would be that enough respected "leaders" on both ends take a strong stand against the behavior, but to date, those "leaders" simply have not appeared.

The crazies are in charge right now. They can only see and argue "their side".

If working class(not uber wealthy, they don't count here) people stay at each others throats, the corporate heads who have a huge influence on how things are run win. Look at what is going on.....attack on working g class unions by other working class folk....overtime pay? Some working class folk attack the time and a half psy and see that as wrong. Social security, a program that helps millions is called bad by workers. The list goes on. While the rich laugh all the way to the bank. Until working folk figure it out and take a stand it isn't going to improve it doesn't matter who is in charge.

Forum List

Back