USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW Foxy, there's an owl in the "post a new avatar" thread for you.... I'm not a photoshopper but if this is useful...

random-owl.jpg

I put one up for BBD too...

a-mc-random-21.jpg

If you look at the dog's nose very carefully you will see the image of the State of Idaho.

Off to work this morning, then class tonight. Going to be a long day. First I am going to head to the Medicare offices and try to get myself some money back from the consult I had a week ago.

I have a friend / associate who is also an unbelievably good photographer, you can see a lot of his stuff HERE.

The menus are in German, but if you go to "Natur" you then see three sub-menus:

Landschaft - Landscape

Pflanzen - Plants

Tiere - Animals.

The photos are just unbelievably well made.

Here are some examples of his work:

1%20(15).jpg

(Koala Bear, Duisburger Zoo, 2010)

1%20(12).jpg

(Dog from 4 angles)

And absolutely my favorite:

1%20(9).jpg

Camel in Africa. He has this one blown-up and it hangs at his place. Just an amazing photo.

Just some really wonderful photography to lighten your day.

:)

I like this one too, and I can assure you Foxy, NO ONE here is going to think you're on some kind of "LOOK AT ME" trip if there's a little fox in the CS logo. So what if there is... YOU'VE EARNED IT.

But, it's up to you... you want the other one, it's your choice.

Aw thanks sweetie. But I am just really uncomfortable with this being "Foxfyre's place" yanno? There is no way that it would ever have been the phenomenon it has been without all of you guys. I don't mind administrating it at all--that is a pure labor of love--and of course I am naturally protective of it as most of us are. But without all of the great people who show up here, there wouldn't be any point.

I figured with so many similar threads opening up, this one will gradually fade and go away. But so long as all our great old friends keep coming, and new friends keep coming in, I'm on board.

I think for now, let's just keep the coffee bean owl. It is personalized enough to be me without being obvious about it. :)

I would like our Coffee Shop Owl Logo much better if the owl was wearing either a Washington Redskins football jersey or a Green Bay Packer's football jersey.:D

I'm ok with that as long as the owl speaks German.

:D

I got one of the Top Ten Worst Haircuts of my life today. I don't have that much hair left to cut anymore, but what's there shouldn't look as bad as Larry Fine's hair.

One ear is covered up a little more than the other, the back is uneven and my cow lick is more pronounced than ever. I think I made my first mistake when I told the 'stylist' to not make me look too Republican. Well, she did! I look like one of the original Mercury Astronauts after they have insulted the NASA barber.

What's the difference between a great haircut and a lousy one? About three weeks.

That's one reason I go with the military cut, other than being truly "wash and wear" it impossible to screw it up. Besides I have barber's electric shears and do it myself, saves me tons of money.

I saved money by just not cutting my hair at all. :eek:

I got one of the Top Ten Worst Haircuts of my life today. I don't have that much hair left to cut anymore, but what's there shouldn't look as bad as Larry Fine's hair.

One ear is covered up a little more than the other, the back is uneven and my cow lick is more pronounced than ever. I think I made my first mistake when I told the 'stylist' to not make me look too Republican. Well, she did! I look like one of the original Mercury Astronauts after they have insulted the NASA barber.

What's the difference between a great haircut and a lousy one? About three weeks.

You have hair? I just go to the barbershop to get my ears weed-whacked. And my eyebrows mowed. There was so little to cut off on the top of my head, the barber threw in a straight razor neck shave for free. Always look for the strop or steam cabinet in choosing a barber.

That's one reason I go with the military cut, other than being truly "wash and wear" it impossible to screw it up. Besides I have barber's electric shears and do it myself, saves me tons of money.

I saved money by just not cutting my hair at all. :eek:

hair05.jpg

I have a regular barber, so he knows how to cut my hair. A bad haircut wouldn't bother me if it were to happen. It's only hair, so it'll grow back. If that's all, I consider myself lucky. What I do mind is getting clipped on the ear with the electric clippers. It's happened on occasion, and not only is it painful, especially after the barber apologizes and adds alcohol to disinfect the wound, but it's embarrassing as well. It's no fun walking around with blood on the tip of your ear. Putting a band-aid there would just look too silly! :evil:

I like this one too, and I can assure you Foxy, NO ONE here is going to think you're on some kind of "LOOK AT ME" trip if there's a little fox in the CS logo. So what if there is... YOU'VE EARNED IT.

But, it's up to you... you want the other one, it's your choice.

Aw thanks sweetie. But I am just really uncomfortable with this being "Foxfyre's place" yanno? There is no way that it would ever have been the phenomenon it has been without all of you guys. I don't mind administrating it at all--that is a pure labor of love--and of course I am naturally protective of it as most of us are. But without all of the great people who show up here, there wouldn't be any point.

I figured with so many similar threads opening up, this one will gradually fade and go away. But so long as all our great old friends keep coming, and new friends keep coming in, I'm on board.

I think for now, let's just keep the coffee bean owl. It is personalized enough to be me without being obvious about it. :)

Not a chance...remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.;)

Good lord, when it wouldn't let me post on the old coffee shop, I was worried I had said something wrong and got banned! Good thing I noticed the "closed" sign before I went insane wondering what I did.:lol:

Is there any particular reason the old shop got closed down? Too many posts and stuff?

Good lord, when it wouldn't let me post on the old coffee shop, I was worried I had said something wrong and got banned! Good thing I noticed the "closed" sign before I went insane wondering what I did.:lol:

Is there any particular reason the old shop got closed down? Too many posts and stuff?

LOL, no you're more than okay CR. Welcome back. :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. Bloodrock
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

47b1de3eca117f1217dc587.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back