USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Happy Birthday Hombre!

Have a great day and hope you're feeling better
.​

Okay, you know how usually you can't remember your dreams except in very vague terms when you first wake up? And then after awhile don't remember them at all?

Well the one I had before waking up this morning is still with me and I can't shake it. So ya'll who are into dream analysis, help me out here.

I was a young woman and single again. And I was a candidate on the TV show "The Bachelorette." And I fell madly in love with one of the bachelors. . . .except I was having a terrible time remembering his name or his face. And as I was frantically trying to remember who he was, I woke up.

What does that mean?

It means that you have forgotten to do something important...like file your taxes! :badgrin:

No, seriously, I don't have a clue! :smiliehug:

Okay, you know how usually you can't remember your dreams except in very vague terms when you first wake up? And then after awhile don't remember them at all?

Well the one I had before waking up this morning is still with me and I can't shake it. So ya'll who are into dream analysis, help me out here.

I was a young woman and single again. And I was a candidate on the TV show "The Bachelorette." And I fell madly in love with one of the bachelors. . . .except I was having a terrible time remembering his name or his face. And as I was frantically trying to remember who he was, I woke up.

What does that mean?

It means that you have forgotten to do something important...like file your taxes! :badgrin:

No, seriously, I don't have a clue! :smiliehug:

Me either, and I usually do have a theory about vivid dreams. But not this one. It is completely mystifying to me.

Okay, off to the showers with me and get dressed for Hombre's birthday dinner outing tonight. But for ya'll who will be staying in this evening, here's a suggestion for dinner from a meat market that might consider hiring a proof reader:

10155549_10152279177603810_503776505_n.jpg

What does that mean?

As a person who has experience in this area I shall explain your dream to you. What it means is that within the next week, you will win the lottery if you buy the appropriate ticket. You can trust me on this. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express many times.

What does that mean?
It means someone from your past has tapped into your consciousness in the form of a dream and is trying to connect. You cannot see this person's face because your subconscious mind is telling you, you don't want to see it, so as not to complicate your life. Something along those lines. :)

I got one of the Top Ten Worst Haircuts of my life today. I don't have that much hair left to cut anymore, but what's there shouldn't look as bad as Larry Fine's hair.

One ear is covered up a little more than the other, the back is uneven and my cow lick is more pronounced than ever. I think I made my first mistake when I told the 'stylist' to not make me look too Republican. Well, she did! I look like one of the original Mercury Astronauts after they have insulted the NASA barber.

What's the difference between a great haircut and a lousy one? About three weeks.

What does that mean?
Probably has something to do with what we were discussing in the last PMs about age and perceived personal image. Most likely it triggered something in your subconscious, maybe a love never realized.

I got one of the Top Ten Worst Haircuts of my life today. I don't have that much hair left to cut anymore, but what's there shouldn't look as bad as Larry Fine's hair.

One ear is covered up a little more than the other, the back is uneven and my cow lick is more pronounced than ever. I think I made my first mistake when I told the 'stylist' to not make me look too Republican. Well, she did! I look like one of the original Mercury Astronauts after they have insulted the NASA barber.

What's the difference between a great haircut and a lousy one? About three weeks.

That's one reason I go with the military cut, other than being truly "wash and wear" it impossible to screw it up. Besides I have barber's electric shears and do it myself, saves me tons of money.

Whoa!!! No politics in the Coffee Shop!!! Space talk is okay though. :)

And sorry about the haircut. But pics or it didn't happen. :)

Another strange weekend looms for me. Off Thursday, Saturday and Monday.

Please pray for my dear sister. She's being scoped on Friday, and they won't let her eat from now until then! And she's diabetic. I kind of can't believe they think this is a good idea. :( Please pray that her sugars hold steady.
''

That makes no sense whatsoever! Do they know she is diabetic? :eek:

Positive vibes for a good outcome! :smiliehug:

I had heard about Ziosk in the trade papers. Ziosk is a menu, entertainment, drink reordering, and way to pay your bill. I used one at Chilis for lunch today.

photo4.jpg

Frankly, it looks like a gimmick to me that eliminates employee jobs. They have also retrained their staff to say "I did that for you." Right, I told the waiter to chop up my fajita meat because I am a skeptical from a time that I choked on a piece of fajita steak.

But, "I did that for you." sounded like a way to bump the tip. I have always thought tipping was a racket, a way to get me to pay a restaurant's staff. Do I tip the checker at the the grocery store, or the mailman? Do your job, and get your hand out of my wallet!

When you use the Ziosk to pay your bill with a credit card, it is automatically set up to add a 20% tip. If you want to tip less, you have to scroll back on the screen in front of your guests. :eusa_hand:

I tried the trivia game on the Ziosk to see what it was all about, and they charged me 99 cents on my bill for the privilege! Five stupid questions like "Who stars on the David Letterman Show?"

To top it off Chili's has changed their menu, which includes changing the marinade on the fajitas, and removing beef fajitas from the "Two eat for $20."

Well, Mr. Chili, you have lost my business. The only reason I eat at Chili's is because I have a business lunch every third Wednesday, and a Chili's restaurant is close to his office. He happens to think your fajita marinade was great. And, I have not even mentioned how Chili's portions keep shrinking. Well, now it is gone, and I can take him to a real Mexican Restaurant built on old family recipes for about the same money.

So, screw you and your marketing geniuses for fixing something that was not broken to squeeze a few more pennies out of me. Mr. Chili, you are out of touch with reality, and you will pay for it. And, by the way your food is mediocre.

chilis.jpg

I like this one too, and I can assure you Foxy, NO ONE here is going to think you're on some kind of "LOOK AT ME" trip if there's a little fox in the CS logo. So what if there is... YOU'VE EARNED IT.

But, it's up to you... you want the other one, it's your choice.

Aw thanks sweetie. But I am just really uncomfortable with this being "Foxfyre's place" yanno? There is no way that it would ever have been the phenomenon it has been without all of you guys. I don't mind administrating it at all--that is a pure labor of love--and of course I am naturally protective of it as most of us are. But without all of the great people who show up here, there wouldn't be any point.

I figured with so many similar threads opening up, this one will gradually fade and go away. But so long as all our great old friends keep coming, and new friends keep coming in, I'm on board.

I think for now, let's just keep the coffee bean owl. It is personalized enough to be me without being obvious about it. :)

I would like our Coffee Shop Owl Logo much better if the owl was wearing either a Washington Redskins football jersey or a Green Bay Packer's football jersey.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back