USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070314021831/egg.d21c.com/holidays/egg.swf

happy-easter-eggs-wallpaper.jpg

I'm thinking, no one clicked on the link...........

Boy do I have egg on my face. Happy Easter Ollie.

The Easter Pageant on the Hillside was a smash this year! I've been in it for ten years now and this is the first year we were blessed with great weather for both weekends. About three hundred folks turned out for the pageant.

I'm taking Mom out for Easter dinner in about a half hour from now. My brother and sister-in-law can't make it because of some issues with his mother-in-law. She is suffering with Alzheimer's and now has to have more care than ever. I hope that between the two of them, my sister-in-law and brother can bare up.

So to all you Coffee Shoppers, I wish a Blessed Easter. Leave some ham for me!

I almost died from shock today. My son and I went to a flea market with my dad. We were walking around and nothing was really catching my eye...personally, I think there is just mostly junk at those places, but every once in awhile you can find something cool. Then something shiny caught my eye on a table cluttered with all sorts of miscellaneous stuff...it was a copper mold, and I collect them. I glanced at the pattern and it's not one that I have, so I reached out to pick it up and it didn't lift up. I was struggling a bit with it and looking to see what it was hung up on. Suddenly something was moving underneath it, and I was startled and dropped it. I looked closer and saw the markings of a snake. My brain was not quite registering it, and then I thought it was a fake snake that moved while I was trying to loosen the mold. I sort of chuckled inside at being startled and was thinking about reaching for it to pick up and show everyone the fake snake...then it moved again.:eek: I told the people running the booth that they had a snake on their table. The woman was upset, but the man thought it was cool. People started gathering around and he got a glove and grabbed it. Someone said it was a king snake and another person said a pine snake. From what I could find on the internet, I'm thinking pine snake because it had a small head compared to a large body. I still can't believe how close my fingers were to it's mouth when I reached underneath the mold and was struggling to get it free. I could have so easily been bitten, as he wasn't happy when the mold was removed, and he was coiled up and made a couple small strikes when the guy went to reach for him. This is similar to what it looked like in markings and size:

Snakes33.jpg

But did you get the mold?

Mornin' Everybody, and appropriate holiday greetings.
Easter is kina inbetween for me, the vernal equinox having been celebrated a month ago and Beltane not for another week and a half. But the wheel turns for all of us and the long awaited Spring and Summer will come. ..and pass away again in their turns.

What do you do for Beltane?

Good afternoon and Happy Easter to all the many Christian members of USMB!

I lieu of celeb pics (drinking coffee) today, just one pic, but a very interesting one:

Leipzig_coffeebaum_815.jpg

That is the facade of a Coffee Shoppe in Leipzig, Germany.

Pictured is a man dressed in turkish clothing of the day, being served coffee by a young boy.

The Coffee Shoppe is called

"Zum arabischen Coffe Baum"

(to) the Arabic Coffee-Tree.

(Coffe is now spelled "Kaffee" these days in German)

I've been to that coffee shop once or twice, it is not far from the Thomas Church - where J.S. Bach composed and performed his over 3,000 pieces of liturgical music during the 30 years war.

Just thought that pic might be a little more appropriate for an Easter Sunday.

:)

Last edited:
Great Sunday with my daughter today, and perfect weather here, the prettiest Sunday in a long, long time. She got a scooter from Papa and so we spent some hours outdoors, scootering around! We also ended up at an Easter Bazaar (kind of like a mini Coney Island) not far from home and she rode lots of rides; she loved the bumper cars. Lol.

It's just a wonder to see how she is developing so fast, making huge mental leaps. In her 1st grade math class, they aren't doing division yet, but some of the cool extra workbooks my sister sent to my daughter as a gift already have division in them and tmyhe little one was fascinated by the division symbol, so I explained it to her and gave an example, using groups of fingers going backwards to demonstrate and CLICK, she got the principle right away and has been doing simple division in her head for the last couple of hours. What a joy, just a joy. Smart cookie!!!

I know Purim has passed but still, this being the coffee shop .... I can dream can't I?

20090311-hamentashen-greenberg.jpg

For this I'd suspend my wheat-free diet. Shouldn't be a total loss.

Sitting here trying to type and rub my tummy all at the same time! Mrs. BBD fixed us a terrific Easter lunch - ham, sweet corn, string beans, mashed potatoes and the first batch of sweet tea for the season. I'm thinking it won't be long until Taco and I will be taking a nap.

I really don't like marshmallow or peeps.

Marshmallows are good for only two things in my humble opinion.

1. Drop a couple of them into your hot chocolate.
2. Makes excellent bait in a live trap for raccoons.

Other than that, marshmallows have no real value.

Sitting here trying to type and rub my tummy all at the same time! Mrs. BBD fixed us a terrific Easter lunch - ham, sweet corn, string beans, mashed potatoes and the first batch of sweet tea for the season. I'm thinking it won't be long until Taco and I will be taking a nap.

We had ham, au gratin potatoes, cole slaw and French silk pie. Was too full for pie. Will have pie for supper.

Will have split pea soup later in the week.

We had ham, au gratin potatoes, cole slaw and French silk pie. Was too full for pie. Will have pie for supper.

Will have split pea soup later in the week.

Don't get me started again...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back