USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost died from shock today. My son and I went to a flea market with my dad. We were walking around and nothing was really catching my eye...personally, I think there is just mostly junk at those places, but every once in awhile you can find something cool. Then something shiny caught my eye on a table cluttered with all sorts of miscellaneous stuff...it was a copper mold, and I collect them. I glanced at the pattern and it's not one that I have, so I reached out to pick it up and it didn't lift up. I was struggling a bit with it and looking to see what it was hung up on. Suddenly something was moving underneath it, and I was startled and dropped it. I looked closer and saw the markings of a snake. My brain was not quite registering it, and then I thought it was a fake snake that moved while I was trying to loosen the mold. I sort of chuckled inside at being startled and was thinking about reaching for it to pick up and show everyone the fake snake...then it moved again.:eek: I told the people running the booth that they had a snake on their table. The woman was upset, but the man thought it was cool. People started gathering around and he got a glove and grabbed it. Someone said it was a king snake and another person said a pine snake. From what I could find on the internet, I'm thinking pine snake because it had a small head compared to a large body. I still can't believe how close my fingers were to it's mouth when I reached underneath the mold and was struggling to get it free. I could have so easily been bitten, as he wasn't happy when the mold was removed, and he was coiled up and made a couple small strikes when the guy went to reach for him. This is similar to what it looked like in markings and size:

Snakes33.jpg

But did you get the mold?

No!!:lol: I said I didn't want it because every time I'd look at it, I'd shiver recalling my close encounter with a snake.

Great day...Easter service is always very uplifting. Nice weather to sit out on my Mom's lanai, but too cool to go swimming. We sat down to eat the perfect meal at 5pm, then our traditional game of Rummy, which I won.:banana:

I had a nice day. Had to have an Easter party at my grandmother's, and I served as the Easter Bunny and hid all the eggs for the Easter egg hunts for the little kids. Just sayin', but they will probably be finding some of those eggs for a long time. :badgrin:You'd be amazed at all of the clever hiding places for eggs you can find on a farm.

Back from the gym. Nice leg workout, which is always good. Working on the upper arms, too. Getting some nice muscle going there.

Watching the footy right now. Fave team Geelong Cats against Hawthorn Hawks. Go Cats!

Working on my second cup of coffee this morning. Life is good. Very good. Hope everybody has a zippity doo dah kind of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back