USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I've had this computer running Windows 8 or upgraded to 8.1 for well over a year now. And just recently it stopped playing Youtube or similar type videos--I get sound but no picture--just a green or gray screen. Why?

Because it's not a Mac!:lol:

Speaking of computers my 320 GB hard drive on the desktop is almost full, it's dual booted, so I ordered a 1 TB hard drive. I'll ghost the old drive onto the new drive, wipe the old drive and use it for storage until I do my new build then I'll use it as the primary in the old machine with a dedicated Linux Ubuntu OS.
The new one will run Ubuntu with StealthVM to run Win7 in. Or I might just dual boot it also, haven't decided yet. :thup:

Wonder when Mrs. BBD is going to get around to fixing me some lunch? I believe one of the following is the reason why:

1. She has suddenly gone death and can't hear me saying that I'm hungry.
2. She just isn't as hungry as I am.
3. She's adopted a new religion that doesn't believe in eating lunch.
4. She's ignoring me like she so often does.
5. She wants me to fix my own lunch and maybe hers too.

Wonder what the correct answer is?:confused:

She's playing games with you, she wants to see how many and how often you can throw these lame hints out there.

If she listens closely she can hear my tummy growling.

Wonder when Mrs. BBD is going to get around to fixing me some lunch? I believe one of the following is the reason why:

She's playing games with you, she wants to see how many and how often you can throw these lame hints out there.

If she listens closely she can hear my tummy growling.

Roll over and let her rub it.........

Good morning everybody. Getting geared up to do a little housework in advance of the air conditioning guy coming today--today is the day he shuts down the furnace and fires up the Master Cool so to speak. Though we are into the 70's most days., I think we're jumping the gun a bit--it still gets down into the 40's at night and next Sunday is forecast to be in the 50's all day. I'm not putting away the winter clothing stuff just yet.

Need to call Dana and see how she's doing. . . .But enjoyed Stats coffee pics today; thinking about biscuits and sausage gravy, contemplating taking an allergy pill right off the bat this morning--the spring pollens sure have things stirred up--need to change the bag in the vaccuum cleaner before I can vacuum--need to buy a bagless vacuum--is there an easy way to clean those teensy little horizontal blinds in our bedrooms?--wondering why some videos stopped playing on this computer except in full screen mode. . . .

I think I'll have another cup of coffee and think things over.

It's hump day.

We've had a couple of pretty warm days here and I don't want to put the air conditioner back in the window because I'm supposedly moving soon. Well they are putting a new kitchen in my new apartment and the cabinets have been back ordered so I have to wait another month to move.

We're just going to have to put it in the window because May is coming and you just never know what to expect around here. I'll appreciate the new kitchen and my spies tell me the whole apartment looks lovely but I'm getting antsy about moving now.

Number 4 is easily confused with number one :lol:

Good morning everybody. Getting geared up to do a little housework in advance of the air conditioning guy coming today--today is the day he shuts down the furnace and fires up the Master Cool so to speak. Though we are into the 70's most days., I think we're jumping the gun a bit--it still gets down into the 40's at night and next Sunday is forecast to be in the 50's all day. I'm not putting away the winter clothing stuff just yet.

Need to call Dana and see how she's doing. . . .But enjoyed Stats coffee pics today; thinking about biscuits and sausage gravy, contemplating taking an allergy pill right off the bat this morning--the spring pollens sure have things stirred up--need to change the bag in the vaccuum cleaner before I can vacuum--need to buy a bagless vacuum--is there an easy way to clean those teensy little horizontal blinds in our bedrooms?--wondering why some videos stopped playing on this computer except in full screen mode. . . .

It's hump day.

We've had a couple of pretty warm days here and I don't want to put the air conditioner back in the window because I'm supposedly moving soon. Well they are putting a new kitchen in my new apartment and the cabinets have been back ordered so I have to wait another month to move.

We're just going to have to put it in the window because May is coming and you just never know what to expect around here. I'll appreciate the new kitchen and my spies tell me the whole apartment looks lovely but I'm getting antsy about moving now.

How exciting. I'll help you move, I love moving. Fresh starts are always so inspiring

I think it's number 5. :D

It's hump day.

How exciting. I'll help you move, I love moving. Fresh starts are always so inspiring

Thanks! It's going to be really nice, I'm excited.

Is someone speaking here? Didn't think so. Carry on. :D

That worked for me. So Hombre is on his way to Applebees to bring us back two racks of baby back ribs, french fries, cole slaw, and onion rings. :)

Okay I've had this computer running Windows 8 or upgraded to 8.1 for well over a year now. And just recently it stopped playing Youtube or similar type videos--I get sound but no picture--just a green or gray screen. Why?

Wiggle the thingamajig.

I did. Also upgraded Adobe Flash Player. But alas no change. :(

Wiggle the thingamajig.

Did you reboot after the upgrade?
Also, if you're running extensions/add ons check those in you browser tool box(s) and make sure they are up to date.
In the blank screens are there "plug in required" notifications?

Last edited:
The next worst thing in the world besides split pea soup is something called Tater Tot Casserole.:puke:

This I agree with. Tater tots in their natural form is the only way to go :D.

Remember the old joke.. What did you have for lunch? Pea green soup. What did you have for dinner? Pea green soup. What did ya do all night ? ..... :badgrin:

I thought that came from asparagus. I love this place...we can even talk about the color of our pee.:D

At least we are only talking about it in this thread. In your Thread of Many Colors however...:eusa_whistle:

14352449662625077896.jpg

Because it's not a Mac!:lol:

Speaking of computers my 320 GB hard drive on the desktop is almost full, it's dual booted, so I ordered a 1 TB hard drive. I'll ghost the old drive onto the new drive, wipe the old drive and use it for storage until I do my new build then I'll use it as the primary in the old machine with a dedicated Linux Ubuntu OS.
The new one will run Ubuntu with StealthVM to run Win7 in. Or I might just dual boot it also, haven't decided yet. :thup:

What language are you "speaking"? I got "ghost", so this must be something scary.:eusa_doh:

That worked for me. So Hombre is on his way to Applebees to bring us back two racks of baby back ribs, french fries, cole slaw, and onion rings. :)

The correct answer was #5. However, she wasn't hungry and didn't want anything. Ended up with a ham sammich and a glass of milk.

Spring is wonderful. Here, I can literally watch as the trees begin their transition from gray twigs to cool, leafy creatures of the earth. Seriously, after getting hay yesterday, I noticed a few little pussy willow buds just fuzzing out on one tree. A couple of hours later, almost all the trees had their fuzzy buds on. Not long after, just before I went in for the evening, those fuzzy buds were getting large and hairy. By this afternoon, the deciduous trees will have a delicate, light-green glow of new leaves. Two days from now, we'll be fully open...no more sticks against the sky!

Wiggle the thingamajig.

Could be your browser. Play around with the settings in your flash player... increase the cache size or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back