USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everybody. Getting geared up to do a little housework in advance of the air conditioning guy coming today--today is the day he shuts down the furnace and fires up the Master Cool so to speak. Though we are into the 70's most days., I think we're jumping the gun a bit--it still gets down into the 40's at night and next Sunday is forecast to be in the 50's all day. I'm not putting away the winter clothing stuff just yet.

Need to call Dana and see how she's doing. . . .But enjoyed Stats coffee pics today; thinking about biscuits and sausage gravy, contemplating taking an allergy pill right off the bat this morning--the spring pollens sure have things stirred up--need to change the bag in the vaccuum cleaner before I can vacuum--need to buy a bagless vacuum--is there an easy way to clean those teensy little horizontal blinds in our bedrooms?--wondering why some videos stopped playing on this computer except in full screen mode. . . .

I think I'll have another cup of coffee and think things over.

It's hump day.

Good Morning !

th

Always something different............

And now for something completely different.......

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK8IC-bGnU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK8IC-bGnU[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc[/ame]

So far, so good... Some real long days at Doc's lately and time at the keyboard has been limited.
Friday, we had The Jason Abel Project back at Doc's. We had a blast and did pretty well at the bar.
Saturday about noon I fired up the smoker and put in 20 pounds of Boston butt. I let it sit at 140-150 degrees for 12 hours with pecan wood. At midnight, I pulled it out and wrapped it in tin foil and popped it in the oven at 175 until noon Sunday.
DAMN!! it was great! I carted it over to my partner's for Easter dinner. Max had barbecue sauce waiting for it, but no one touched the sauce, opting for the horseradish gravy the wife made. Big hit!

Mondays, I have started a Texas Hold em tournament at the bar. We're getting 10 or 12 players. I'm mostly breaking even at the table, usually even paying for the 2 dozen Krispy Kreams I provide. It brings in a dozen people that normally wouldn't be buying cocktails and they tip well, so, I guess the $300 I spent for materials for 2 poker tables was a good idea.
Tuesday is "Musicians Take Over" night. Local talent stops by and plays for tips. We can get a pretty eclectic jam session going some nights and have hired 2 bands for weekend gigs.
My regular Wednesday game is at 6 PM tonight and after I open the bar in a few minutes, I'm going to reupholster a motorcycle seat for a friend.
4 months ago, I was retired. Now, I'm just plain tired.

So far, so good... Some real long days at Doc's lately and time at the keyboard has been limited.
Friday, we had The Jason Abel Project back at Doc's. We had a blast and did pretty well at the bar.
Saturday about noon I fired up the smoker and put in 20 pounds of Boston butt. I let it sit at 140-150 degrees for 12 hours with pecan wood. At midnight, I pulled it out and wrapped it in tin foil and popped it in the oven at 175 until noon Sunday.
DAMN!! it was great! I carted it over to my partner's for Easter dinner. Max had barbecue sauce waiting for it, but no one touched the sauce, opting for the horseradish gravy the wife made. Big hit!

Mondays, I have started a Texas Hold em tournament at the bar. We're getting 10 or 12 players. I'm mostly breaking even at the table, usually even paying for the 2 dozen Krispy Kreams I provide. It brings in a dozen people that normally wouldn't be buying cocktails and they tip well, so, I guess the $300 I spent for materials for 2 poker tables was a good idea.
Tuesday is "Musicians Take Over" night. Local talent stops by and plays for tips. We can get a pretty eclectic jam session going some nights and have hired 2 bands for weekend gigs.
My regular Wednesday game is at 6 PM tonight and after I open the bar in a few minutes, I'm going to reupholster a motorcycle seat for a friend.
4 months ago, I was retired. Now, I'm just plain tired.

Yeah, but it's all good. I mean, it sounds like you're really hitting your stride over there.

Morning greetings, everyone!
Absolutely splendid weather here, and I've been outside getting things done around this place. Now that the snow and ice are melting away, I get to pick up all the detritus that accumulates over the winter. Gotta clean the dog pen, too (yum, now that's a load of fun..not!)
I had a nice little run in with one of the partner's neighbors the other day. My partner likes to keep some goats in town. I've warned him that his facilities are inadequate and that city ordinances prohibit what he's doing. He pooh-poohs my concerns and claims the neighbors adore his pets as much as he does, they don't bark or smell bad like dogs (the smell is a matter of debate). So, I'm over there, packing some stuff I need to move into storage. I hear what sounds like gunshots out back...turns out it's the neighbor pounding on the back door. Did I know my goats were in his yard and out in the street, again? So now, the partner's goats are out here, and so was the partner...all weekend!!
Selling up my stock and moving out-of-state is starting to be more tempting all the time. If that's the only way to unload this albatross, then sobeit.
At any rate, I hope all my CS friends are enjoying the onset of Spring. I send my best thoughts and wishes to those who are grieving or in pain.

Okay I've had this computer running Windows 8 or upgraded to 8.1 for well over a year now. And just recently it stopped playing Youtube or similar type videos--I get sound but no picture--just a green or gray screen. Why?

Okay I've had this computer running Windows 8 or upgraded to 8.1 for well over a year now. And just recently it stopped playing Youtube or similar type videos--I get sound but no picture--just a green or gray screen. Why?

You need to install/update the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Probably want to check all of your plug-ins.

Because it's not a Mac!:lol:

Wonder when Mrs. BBD is going to get around to fixing me some lunch? I believe one of the following is the reason why:

1. She has suddenly gone death and can't hear me saying that I'm hungry.
2. She just isn't as hungry as I am.
3. She's adopted a new religion that doesn't believe in eating lunch.
4. She's ignoring me like she so often does.
5. She wants me to fix my own lunch and maybe hers too.

Wonder what the correct answer is?:confused:

Wonder when Mrs. BBD is going to get around to fixing me some lunch? I believe one of the following is the reason why:

1. She has suddenly gone death and can't hear me saying that I'm hungry.
2. She just isn't as hungry as I am.
3. She's adopted a new religion that doesn't believe in eating lunch.
4. She's ignoring me like she so often does.
5. She wants me to fix my own lunch and maybe hers too.

Wonder what the correct answer is?:confused:

She's playing games with you, she wants to see how many and how often you can throw these lame hints out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back