USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BBD does. :scared1:

:hellno:

You folks need some serious help in your kitchens... Just saying.:eek:

I'm pretty eclectic in my diet and, since retirement, have really been doing a lot of experimenting with various cuisines and gourmet cooking--trying to reproduce the restaurant quality dishes you see in the cooking competitions, etc.

But I gotta join in solidarity with BBD on the pea soup folks. It doesn't look good to me. It doesn't smell good to me. It doesn't sound good to me. I'm not gonna eat it. :)

Leaves more for those of us who do...I'll gladly prep something you prefer.

My dad would not eat guacamole because he thought anything that color was not meant for human consumption.

It doesn't sound bad although I never could recreate the hamburger joint tater tots with the frozen ones.
I know what you mean. No matter how I fry the tater tots, they never taste as good as those at Sonic. I'll bet it's the oil though. We don't use peanut oil in our home.

I remember how great McD's fries were...until they quit using lard to fry them. Now...meh!

Their hash browns aren't any good now either.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
BBD's friend Otis,
Sarah
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, and 007.

171152oiaga56vct1.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Gee Pogo, we didn't know that. Glad you're here to explain it all to us morons.

One month and three days until surgery. Still plenty of time to put some money aside for my week off.

Great class tonight. Bigger than normal, did some combinations and kata, two of my fave things. Muscles warmed up, got covered in sweat, could have done another class easily. I put 100% in, but its not enough. Its like the entire class is basically a warm up for me, lol.

It doesn't sound bad although I never could recreate the hamburger joint tater tots with the frozen ones.
I know what you mean. No matter how I fry the tater tots, they never taste as good as those at Sonic. I'll bet it's the oil though. We don't use peanut oil in our home.

I remember how great McD's fries were...until they quit using lard to fry them. Now...meh!
The fries were one of the better items at McDonald's. I'd always supersize them. Now I don't frequent McDonald's much anymore since I find their Big Mac meat tastes like cardboard when you remove the sauce.

Tolkien patterned the Rohirrim after a conglomerate of two groups, the ancient Anglo-Saxons and the Ostrogoths, a Germanic tribe that dominated eastern Europe during the late Roman period and were renowned people of the horse.
Tolkien was an acclaimed professor of Anglo-Saxon and his aim in writing the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy was to create a uniquely "English" mythology.
The names, habitat and culture of the Rohirrim are decidedly Anglo-Saxon and their equestrian abilities Ostrogoth in nature. The Anglo-Saxons and Ostrogoths were Germanic in origin.

That's why I didn't weigh in on the matter before, I was getting a strong goth vibe from the Rohirrim.

(p.s. Among the very few german words I know, "ost" = east)

Tolkien patterned the Rohirrim after a conglomerate of two groups, the ancient Anglo-Saxons and the Ostrogoths, a Germanic tribe that dominated eastern Europe during the late Roman period and were renowned people of the horse.
Tolkien was an acclaimed professor of Anglo-Saxon and his aim in writing the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy was to create a uniquely "English" mythology.
The names, habitat and culture of the Rohirrim are decidedly Anglo-Saxon and their equestrian abilities Ostrogoth in nature. The Anglo-Saxons and Ostrogoths were Germanic in origin.

That's why I didn't weigh in on the matter before, I was getting a strong goth vibe from the Rohirrim.

(p.s. Among the very few german words I know, "ost" = east)

:thup:

[ame=http://youtu.be/0CArVzAm6WM]el corte mágico / Cutting the magic tree - YouTube[/ame]

From one of my Dad's shared facebook posts.

My dad asked me last night why I carry my 1911 in the house, what am I afraid of? I looked him straight in the eye and said, "The g*****n Decepticons." He laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good time.

I laughed hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back