USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sure do. I'll bet in the last five years I've only had fast food twice. That was a whopper from bk.

I used to like fish from Long John Silver but I picked some up recently and it just wasn't very good.

our taste buds totally change. its amazing how many thinks I used to love I can't tolerate now.

Your taste buds or your digestive system? :eusa_whistle:

As we age there is less that we can tolerate. In essence we are forced to eat more healthy foods.

Been swimming a lot and it is catching up with me. I have actually gained some weight back but it isn't fat, it is muscle because I can actually see it on my shoulders and upper arms. More tone in my torso too.

The theory is that this muscle will then burn more fat but we will have to see, either way I prefer this to the way I was.

My daughter wants to join too and there is one of these places right on her commute so we are checking it out. Mrs Te was telling our GP about me and he suggested that she join up and start using the pool as well.

:)

I used to like fish from Long John Silver but I picked some up recently and it just wasn't very good.

our taste buds totally change. its amazing how many thinks I used to love I can't tolerate now.

As we age there is less that we can tolerate. In essence we are forced to eat more healthy foods.

Been swimming a lot and it is catching up with me. I have actually gained some weight back but it isn't fat, it is muscle because I can actually see it on my shoulders and upper arms. More tone in my torso too.

The theory is that this muscle will then burn more fat but we will have to see, either way I prefer this to the way I was.

My daughter wants to join too and there is one of these places right on her commute so we are checking it out. Mrs Te was telling our GP about me and he suggested that she join up and start using the pool as well.

Swimming.....the best exercise. Can't hardly wait for it to be a lot warmer so I can start my daily regimen....

Because it's not a Mac!:lol:

Speaking of computers my 320 GB hard drive on the desktop is almost full, it's dual booted, so I ordered a 1 TB hard drive. I'll ghost the old drive onto the new drive, wipe the old drive and use it for storage until I do my new build then I'll use it as the primary in the old machine with a dedicated Linux Ubuntu OS.
The new one will run Ubuntu with StealthVM to run Win7 in. Or I might just dual boot it also, haven't decided yet. :thup:

What language are you "speaking"? I got "ghost", so this must be something scary.:eusa_doh:
It's called geekanese........
TB = Terabyte.
GB = Gigabyte.
OS = Operating system as in Mac(OS X), Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) or Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, etc)
Primary drive refers to the main hard drive if your computer has more than one.
New build = building a new computer.
StealthVM is a program that lets you run another operating system within a Linux OS (VM = Virtual Machine).
Ghosting is a backup or literal copy of part or some of one's OS and saved files as an "image". You can ghost your entire hard drive onto a new hard drive and not have to buy a new Windows OS or download a new Linux OS and load them on the new hard drive.
A computer with a dedicated OS (Operating System) means there is only one OS on the computer.
Dual booting = Two different OSs on one computer. The OS you want to use is chosen when the computer is booted up (powered on).

Okay I've had this computer running Windows 8 or upgraded to 8.1 for well over a year now. And just recently it stopped playing Youtube or similar type videos--I get sound but no picture--just a green or gray screen. Why?

Wiggle the thingamajig.

Hmm, that's what my doc always says when he needs a urine sample.

:eusa_think::eusa_think:

both actually. there are things I like I have trouble with. like pizza and most Italian foods with tomato sauce. I love them but they give me trouble. then there are things I could tolerate but no longer enjoy. like sweets, or anything sour.

Okay I've had this computer running Windows 8 or upgraded to 8.1 for well over a year now. And just recently it stopped playing Youtube or similar type videos--I get sound but no picture--just a green or gray screen. Why?

I hope the problem is with Youtube because now I can't get a video up on Youtube.not even my own channel will show me the videos....And i have Win 7...

Because it's not a Mac!:lol:

Speaking of computers my 320 GB hard drive on the desktop is almost full, it's dual booted, so I ordered a 1 TB hard drive. I'll ghost the old drive onto the new drive, wipe the old drive and use it for storage until I do my new build then I'll use it as the primary in the old machine with a dedicated Linux Ubuntu OS.
The new one will run Ubuntu with StealthVM to run Win7 in. Or I might just dual boot it also, haven't decided yet. :thup:

I have a 3 TB and two 2 TB external hard drives. they are almost full. I think I have about 70 GB left on the 3 TB. yea I tend to go overboard on downloading lol

I hope the problem is with Youtube because now I can't get a video up on Youtube.not even my own channel will show me the videos....And i have Win 7...

my wife was trying to show me a youtube earlier and it wouldn't work

my wife was trying to show me a youtube earlier and it wouldn't work

Haven't had a problem that I know of but I wasn't on You Tube between this morning and just now. :dunno:

What language are you "speaking"? I got "ghost", so this must be something scary.:eusa_doh:
TB = Terabyte.
GB = Gigabyte.
OS = Operating system as in Mac(OS X), Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) or Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, etc)
StealthVM is a program that lets you run another operating system within a Linux OS (VM = Virtual Machine).
Ghosting is a backup or literal copy of part or some of one's OS and saved files as an "image". You can ghost your entire hard drive onto a new hard drive and not have to buy a new Windows OS or download a new Linux OS and load them on the new hard drive.
A computer with a dedicated OS (Operating System) means there is only one OS on the computer.
Dual booting = Two different OSs on one computer. The OS you want to use is chosen when the computer is booted up (powered on).

Yep.

After next week, I'll have about 6 weeks before I start My graduate program so I plan on setting up my man cave then. I am going to take a few older boxes and set up a web and database server here, network them and then use them to do get the web development/design business up and running.

good-night-freezer-paper-Photo.jpg

TB = Terabyte.
GB = Gigabyte.

Still way above my head. Maybe I should be embarrassed, but at my age, meh.:dunno:
Things like that are best left to the grandchildren.

TB = Terabyte.
GB = Gigabyte.

Still way above my head. Maybe I should be embarrassed, but at my age, meh.:dunno:
Things like that are best left to the grandchildren.

I'm 29 with experience, 30 years experience......... almost 31 years.......
Started seriously teaching myself about 10 years ago out of necessity and built my first computer around 6 years ago. Google is your friend....... :D
I only took one course, intro to computers 10 years ago which covered the parts of a computer and learning DOS Shell which has since been replaced by Powershell (they work in the background accessed by a command line interface/window)

Nowadays building a desktop is as easy as plug and play. All you need to know is how to use Google (to find what you want) and how to put together a puzzle (with directions) that have anywhere from 5 to 7 pieces. As for loading an OS one simply puts the disc in the CD/DVD (Optical) drive and follow the instructions and answer the questions on the screen.

Last edited:
This I agree with. Tater tots in their natural form is the only way to go :D.

Remember the old joke.. What did you have for lunch? Pea green soup. What did you have for dinner? Pea green soup. What did ya do all night ? ..... :badgrin:

I thought that came from asparagus. I love this place...we can even talk about the color of our pee.:D

At least we are only talking about it in this thread. In your Thread of Many Colors however...:eusa_whistle:

14352449662625077896.jpg

Chicken:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back