USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Windows IE for some weird reason isn't supporting Adobe Flash. I had to switch to the Firefox browser, which I don't like so much.

IE eh? I hope you have some serious protection. I bet if you downloaded and installed Malwarebytes you'd find a boatload of PUP viruses infecting your computer and I'd hate to think what else.

I did the Malwarebytes, but there wasn't anything there. I have AVG and Spybot too.

I use a shortcut for the cookies folder on my desktop so I can manually delete them as needed, plus I delete everything at the end of the day.

But Youtube still doesn't work right with IE.
Okay, I've been doing some online research and the "fixes" are varied and sometimes convoluted. There is a conflict with Flash Player settings and IE but different people claim different settings within both are to blame.
The general consensus appears to be uninstalling Flash Player then reinstalling (some say use an older version of Flash) and if that doesn't work then switching over to Firefox. :dunno:

Now, Ollie, Fyrefox and Ernie (oh, and yeah, Pogo!), if those computers are still causing you trouble, here's this good old standby for you:

vic2012po.jpg

:lol:

Here's my fall back.

abacus.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out where to plug in the USB.

Isn't the abacus a device that dates back to 5,000BC in China or something?

I have to do physical therapy for the next few days. Will drop by and answer pms already in my mailbox here as time and energy permits.

Huge hug, everybody! :huddle:

Yeah but what kind of batteries does it take and where's the power cord?

Isn't the abacus a device that dates back to 5,000BC in China or something?

I have to do physical therapy for the next few days. Will drop by and answer pms already in my mailbox here as time and energy permits.

Huge hug, everybody! :huddle:

yes, the thing with the little balls that slide.

Hope you are healling well

Strange things have drifted over my mental transom lately. This morning, for example, I heard a story about a District Attorney down in West Virginia named Bloom who had indicted a lawyer on charges of fraud. That lawyer's name is Plantz. How many times in the story did the reporter say "Bloom and Plantz"? I couldn't take my ears away from the radio with such serendipity going on?

I watched yesterday on our walk as Daisy the Mutt climbed a tree. There is a small silver maple tree whose trunk is only two feet tall before it breaks into five branches. That's the tree a squirrel ran up and Daisy saw her chance to chase it further up than she could on any other tree. She hopped up into the crotch of limbs and barked her head off then realized she was up a tree herself.

Last Christmas I bought Mom a gift certificate for a local landscaper's services. It was for only $400.00, but Mom's vision for the front lawn at the Big House is growing as the Spring unfolds. She has a $4,000.00 plan on a $400.00 budget. Something has to give! I thought some ground cover and mulch along with maybe some new edging, Mom is thinking matching weeping cherry trees, a new line of boxwood shrubs and a hydrangea or two or three.

Now, Ollie, Fyrefox and Ernie (oh, and yeah, Pogo!), if those computers are still causing you trouble, here's this good old standby for you:

vic2012po.jpg

True story, other than the original Pong, and the Atari 2600 the Vic-20 was the first home computer i had. I wrote my first program on it and quickly realized that the program didn't have enough room to run...It ran rather well on the Commador64, later though.
Then i went into the 128 and on to the Amiga's....Had Amiga for many years before I had to give them up because I couldn't get upgrades....

BTW Did i mention that I had the chance to work with the guy who wrote the original Adventure program back in those days?

Some of you may remember it:

You are in a cave: You see__________________________.

Strange things have drifted over my mental transom lately. This morning, for example, I heard a story about a District Attorney down in West Virginia named Bloom who had indicted a lawyer on charges of fraud. That lawyer's name is Plantz. How many times in the story did the reporter say "Bloom and Plantz"? I couldn't take my ears away from the radio with such serendipity going on?

I watched yesterday on our walk as Daisy the Mutt climbed a tree. There is a small silver maple tree whose trunk is only two feet tall before it breaks into five branches. That's the tree a squirrel ran up and Daisy saw her chance to chase it further up than she could on any other tree. She hopped up into the crotch of limbs and barked her head off then realized she was up a tree herself.

Last Christmas I bought Mom a gift certificate for a local landscaper's services. It was for only $400.00, but Mom's vision for the front lawn at the Big House is growing as the Spring unfolds. She has a $4,000.00 plan on a $400.00 budget. Something has to give! I thought some ground cover and mulch along with maybe some new edging, Mom is thinking matching weeping cherry trees, a new line of boxwood shrubs and a hydrangea or two or three.

Sounds like my wife and home decorating........ me and computers...... :lol:

vic2012po.jpg

True story, other than the original Pong, and the Atari 2600 the Vic-20 was the first home computer i had. I wrote my first program on it and quickly realized that the program didn't have enough room to run...It ran rather well on the Commador64, later though.
Then i went into the 128 and on to the Amiga's....Had Amiga for many years before I had to give them up because I couldn't get upgrades....

BTW Did i mention that I had the chance to work with the guy who wrote the original Adventure program back in those days?

Some of you may remember it:

You are in a cave: You see__________________________.

I had a Commodore 64 way back when...:lol:

Because it's not a Mac!:lol:

Speaking of computers my 320 GB hard drive on the desktop is almost full, it's dual booted, so I ordered a 1 TB hard drive. I'll ghost the old drive onto the new drive, wipe the old drive and use it for storage until I do my new build then I'll use it as the primary in the old machine with a dedicated Linux Ubuntu OS.
The new one will run Ubuntu with StealthVM to run Win7 in. Or I might just dual boot it also, haven't decided yet. :thup:

I have a 3 TB and two 2 TB external hard drives. they are almost full. I think I have about 70 GB left on the 3 TB. yea I tend to go overboard on downloading lol

What in the world do you download to fill up that much space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back