USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a good day, Wake. Never had that kind of tea before. Hmmm, interesting.

It's sort of like a coffee substitute.

This is the one Pick-N-Save usually offers:

mBys_-hCW_pIk3Bbe7AjSzQ.jpg

You should try it, Stat. It helps remove the feelings of lethargy from a fatty liver, too.

Is chocolate a drug?? I might have a slight addiction. Side effects: your clothes could shrink.:D

I don't think chocolate is a drug in fact, they're saying now that it's good for your health in some ways.

Chocolate Decreases Stroke Risk

A 2011 Swedish study found that women who ate more than 45 grams of chocolate a week had a 20 percent lower risk of stroke than women who treated themselves to fewer than 9 grams of the sweet stuff.

Chocolate Boosts Heart Health

Regular chocolate eaters welcome a host of benefits for their hearts, including lower blood pressure, lower "bad" LDL cholesterol and a lower risk of heart disease.

One of the reasons dark chocolate is especially heart-healthy is its inflammation-fighting properties, which reduce cardiovascular risk.

Chocolate May Fight Diabetes

A small Italian study from 2005 found that regularly eating chocolate increases insulin sensitivity, thereby reducing risk for diabetes.

Only dark chocolate? does it say anything about mars bars?:D

Yes, I realize that alcohol is a drug, that is why I make it a point not to ever over do it. And, alcohol doesn't make me feel good enough that I want to be addicted to it to the point that it becomes the focal point in my life.

I'm not sure that drugs are as easy to "moderate" as alcohol. Even though many people get addicted to alcohol and it too, like a drug, becomes their focal point in life those addicted to drugs always seem a lot younger, which would indicate that it becomes an addiction a lot quicker....I can't say for sure. Perhaps there are many that use drugs that don't appear stunted and overcome by them, that I can't really say that everyone that uses them will end up on skid row. Studies claim that some people are more prone to addiction than others, and maybe that is the thing with me....I was able to give up smoking, no problem whatsoever, and I could probably do without a drink the rest of my life and it would not affect me at all.

Knowing what I know about drugs and what those addicted to them are willing to do to get more, I just wouldn't want to take the chance that I might become like them. It has never been a problem for me because I've never been around people that use them or have access to them (that I know of), so I wouldn't even know where to get them.

I like whiskey. A lot. So I have a finger of it on Christmas Eve and another on Christmas Day.

Christmas eve is my mimosa day. It's also my birthday.

How neat. I have a son born on Christmas day and he always thought he was getting cheated... when he was little. We'd have a b'day party for him (not on Christmas day but close to it) and most of his friends were gone out of town...he didn't like it. I always give him 2 gifts to make sure his birthday isn't overlooked. I think it's a special thing, so, Good for you!

Is chocolate a drug?? I might have a slight addiction. Side effects: your clothes could shrink.:D

I don't think chocolate is a drug in fact, they're saying now that it's good for your health in some ways.

Enjoy. :D

Because it makes you happy, without side effects. ( chubby can be cute)

pour-hot-choc-400x400.jpg

Good morning all.

Your rep is a straight. You win the internet!!! ^5

Okay, last night the wife told me she wants to go to the Roswell Alien Festival this year........... I guess could use a good laugh........

I'm a nap junkie, I ain't gonna lie. :eusa_hand:

I find I get sleepy anywhere from 1pm to 4pm, sometimes later. If I take a nap it takes me at least an hour to recover from the nap, I'm irritable and I'm up late. Obviously I rarely take a nap.

I am the proud new partaker of cat naps. I can get under the covers and sleep during my half-hour lunch break, and wake up refreshed for having done so.

I find I get sleepy anywhere from 1pm to 4pm, sometimes later. If I take a nap it takes me at least an hour to recover from the nap, I'm irritable and I'm up late. Obviously I rarely take a nap.

I am the proud new partaker of cat naps. I can get under the covers and sleep during my half-hour lunch break, and wake up refreshed for having done so.

Didn't want to get up this morning, still tired even after 3 mugs of coffee. Probably should get checked to see if my apnea has returned.

The dangers of daytime napping:

Trending Now - The Dangers Of Daytime Napping - Myhighplains.com - Powered by KAMR NBC4 and KCIT FOX14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back