USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad, never understood why anyone would choose to use drugs....:eek:

I do.

Some drugs make you feel so damn good while you are using them, that it is almost unbelievable. Cocaine is one of those drugs. When I was younger, I used cocaine, but as a college student paying my own way, I couldn't afford it, so I dropped down to the much cheaper crystal meth. Cheaper as in the same expense would keep you high for about 8 times longer.

Oh man, I was bad with the meth. I'd often go three days straight without any sleep. I was 22 years old, cramming for finals, working full time and I went five days without sleep using crystal meth to keep me going. I got through finals and crashed. When I finally woke up, I discovered I had slept for 32 hours, and I still felt like shit. Literally, when I woke up, I didn't know what day it was. After that incident, I never touched that stuff again. Crystal meth kills people. I don't know how I was able to just walk away from it because most people can't once they are hooked.

I haven't used an illegal drug for at least 25 years. Some years ago, I messed up my back at work (before I had the cushy office job) and I turned down the doctor recommended percocet for prescription strength Ibuprofen.
I do like my Scotch and Gin though. :)

I can't imagine wanting to feel good in a mind-altered way. I feel pretty good, and I can't imagine wanting to feel any better, especially if I know beforehand that it isn't even real.
And worst of all, knowing all the bad things that happen to people that use them and get hooked on them alone makes me shudder at the thought of ever using any drug - no "good feeling" is worth me giving up control of myself. And that's what happens, when people get hooked - they are no longer in control....and the way they look from continued use...it's just not worth it.

I guess I'm lucky in that even though I smoked when I was young...I gave it up cold turkey and didn't have any ill effects....never smoked or had the desire to do so again. Alcohol, I don't have it very often...maybe a glass of wine with dinner when we eat out, or a Margarita two or three times a week during the summer when we're out swimming. But, I'm not addicted to any of them, and I like that just fine.

Alcohol is as much a drug as anything else. As with most things, moderation is the key.

Of course, I imagine that is harder to do with some drugs than others, just as it is harder to do for some people than others.

However, I don't understand why the idea of something making you feel good is so strange. That it isn't 'real' is debatable; what does that actually mean? You really feel the way you feel when taking whatever the drug is. It's as real as an endorphin rush or any other naturally occurring bodily chemical.

It's the side effects that people are willing to risk/accept that I usually find strange.

funny-picture-funny-sayings-halloween-funny-quotes-Favim.com-1021403.jpg

I do.

Some drugs make you feel so damn good while you are using them, that it is almost unbelievable. Cocaine is one of those drugs. When I was younger, I used cocaine, but as a college student paying my own way, I couldn't afford it, so I dropped down to the much cheaper crystal meth. Cheaper as in the same expense would keep you high for about 8 times longer.

Oh man, I was bad with the meth. I'd often go three days straight without any sleep. I was 22 years old, cramming for finals, working full time and I went five days without sleep using crystal meth to keep me going. I got through finals and crashed. When I finally woke up, I discovered I had slept for 32 hours, and I still felt like shit. Literally, when I woke up, I didn't know what day it was. After that incident, I never touched that stuff again. Crystal meth kills people. I don't know how I was able to just walk away from it because most people can't once they are hooked.

I haven't used an illegal drug for at least 25 years. Some years ago, I messed up my back at work (before I had the cushy office job) and I turned down the doctor recommended percocet for prescription strength Ibuprofen.
I do like my Scotch and Gin though. :)

I can't imagine wanting to feel good in a mind-altered way. I feel pretty good, and I can't imagine wanting to feel any better, especially if I know beforehand that it isn't even real.
And worst of all, knowing all the bad things that happen to people that use them and get hooked on them alone makes me shudder at the thought of ever using any drug - no "good feeling" is worth me giving up control of myself. And that's what happens, when people get hooked - they are no longer in control....and the way they look from continued use...it's just not worth it.

I guess I'm lucky in that even though I smoked when I was young...I gave it up cold turkey and didn't have any ill effects....never smoked or had the desire to do so again. Alcohol, I don't have it very often...maybe a glass of wine with dinner when we eat out, or a Margarita two or three times a week during the summer when we're out swimming. But, I'm not addicted to any of them, and I like that just fine.

Alcohol is as much a drug as anything else. As with most things, moderation is the key.

Of course, I imagine that is harder to do with some drugs than others, just as it is harder to do for some people than others.

However, I don't understand why the idea of something making you feel good is so strange. That it isn't 'real' is debatable; what does that actually mean? You really feel the way you feel when taking whatever the drug is. It's as real as an endorphin rush or any other naturally occurring bodily chemical.

It's the side effects that people are willing to risk/accept that I usually find strange.

Yes, I realize that alcohol is a drug, that is why I make it a point not to ever over do it. And, alcohol doesn't make me feel good enough that I want to be addicted to it to the point that it becomes the focal point in my life.

I'm not sure that drugs are as easy to "moderate" as alcohol. Even though many people get addicted to alcohol and it too, like a drug, becomes their focal point in life those addicted to drugs always seem a lot younger, which would indicate that it becomes an addiction a lot quicker....I can't say for sure. Perhaps there are many that use drugs that don't appear stunted and overcome by them, that I can't really say that everyone that uses them will end up on skid row. Studies claim that some people are more prone to addiction than others, and maybe that is the thing with me....I was able to give up smoking, no problem whatsoever, and I could probably do without a drink the rest of my life and it would not affect me at all.

Knowing what I know about drugs and what those addicted to them are willing to do to get more, I just wouldn't want to take the chance that I might become like them. It has never been a problem for me because I've never been around people that use them or have access to them (that I know of), so I wouldn't even know where to get them.

Yes, I realize that alcohol is a drug, that is why I make it a point not to ever over do it. And, alcohol doesn't make me feel good enough that I want to be addicted to it to the point that it becomes the focal point in my life.

I'm not sure that drugs are as easy to "moderate" as alcohol. Even though many people get addicted to alcohol and it too, like a drug, becomes their focal point in life those addicted to drugs always seem a lot younger, which would indicate that it becomes an addiction a lot quicker....I can't say for sure. Perhaps there are many that use drugs that don't appear stunted and overcome by them, that I can't really say that everyone that uses them will end up on skid row. Studies claim that some people are more prone to addiction than others, and maybe that is the thing with me....I was able to give up smoking, no problem whatsoever, and I could probably do without a drink the rest of my life and it would not affect me at all.

Knowing what I know about drugs and what those addicted to them are willing to do to get more, I just wouldn't want to take the chance that I might become like them. It has never been a problem for me because I've never been around people that use them or have access to them (that I know of), so I wouldn't even know where to get them.

I like whiskey. A lot. So I have a finger of it on Christmas Eve and another on Christmas Day.

I like whiskey. A lot. So I have a finger of it on Christmas Eve and another on Christmas Day.

Christmas eve is my mimosa day. It's also my birthday.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Dad, Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
BBD's friend Otis,
Sarah
Ernie as he waits with Royce and family,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Is chocolate a drug?? I might have a slight addiction. Side effects: your clothes could shrink.:D

I don't think chocolate is a drug in fact, they're saying now that it's good for your health in some ways.

Chocolate Decreases Stroke Risk

A 2011 Swedish study found that women who ate more than 45 grams of chocolate a week had a 20 percent lower risk of stroke than women who treated themselves to fewer than 9 grams of the sweet stuff.

Chocolate Boosts Heart Health

Regular chocolate eaters welcome a host of benefits for their hearts, including lower blood pressure, lower "bad" LDL cholesterol and a lower risk of heart disease.

One of the reasons dark chocolate is especially heart-healthy is its inflammation-fighting properties, which reduce cardiovascular risk.

Chocolate May Fight Diabetes

A small Italian study from 2005 found that regularly eating chocolate increases insulin sensitivity, thereby reducing risk for diabetes.

10 Health Benefits Of Chocolate

slide_217326_818300_free.jpg

Enjoy. :D

I am impelled to go to Charity Bees quilting Day today and take 5 or 6 tops finished this past few weeks. The one I'm working on now has just a couple of hours to go before it is finished, I just might show up and do whatever is on the table to be done!

Meanwhile, I'm leaving omlette plates on the counter like this one for anyone who's really hungry. Happy Tuesday morning, everyone.

omelette.jpg
And some mocha coffee...​
th
Have a Perfect Day! :)

I am impelled to go to Charity Bees quilting Day today and take 5 or 6 tops finished this past few weeks. The one I'm working on now has just a couple of hours to go before it is finished, I just might show up and do whatever is on the table to be done!

Meanwhile, I'm leaving omlette plates on the counter like this one for anyone who's really hungry. Happy Tuesday morning, everyone.

omelette.jpg
And some mocha coffee...​
th
Have a Perfect Day! :)

That looks so good. :)

Good morning all.

Up early, drinking a warm cup of roasted dandelion root tea,

dandelion-root-coffee.jpg

This tea is a little bitter, but also sweet and pleasant. It's good for your liver and kidneys, too, because it acts like a cleanser to remove toxins and fat from your body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back