USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, there are two chairs in my back yard. I need lawn chairs, have been looking for the right ones and now there are two of them in my back yard. They are used and need cushions. I have no idea where they came from. I guess I'm going to have to get them cushions.

Did you have strong winds in your area recently?:eusa_whistle:

The cheese cuts the fire. I've never done them that way, but may just give it a shot.

The bacon has to be almost crispy...otherwise they are chewy....some people fix them with the bacon that looks raw, but the ones that we had looked just like the ones in the pic.

Has anyone else been watching Jeopardy? There's a gal "Julia" from Illinois, and she has been kicking some butt. She has won 8 days straight, and is the first woman to win that many games. She's almost at $200k.....go Julia....:)

I'm watching America's Best Cook on the Food Network and one gal made a caramel sauce with bacon in it. She is Vegan but she said she would worry about that later, she tested it and said it was the perfect combination of sweet and salty.

Sounds good to me.

I may have successfully fought off an encroaching migraine. Rain check?

My stomach's been upset all day, lot's of bloating and gas, and generally not feeling well, same with the wife......

Did you two eat something that didn't agree with you?

Not to my knowledge. I think it's more possible she brought something home from the hospital, where she works of course I could have picked up something running errands. :dunno:

May Day. I remember May Day well. Back in my much younger days, May Day was a very big deal at school. Of course there was school on that day but no classes. The day was spent entirely outside. There were softball games, sack races, a picnic and of course the traditional dance around the May Pole. It was one of the very best days to go to school. I don't believe they do things like that any more. Really sad to loose traditions.

I remember that! It was like a fair day. They even had booths with games and prizes.
Still, that stuff is probably against the law now. What a shame.

The cheese cuts the fire. I've never done them that way, but may just give it a shot.

The bacon has to be almost crispy...otherwise they are chewy....some people fix them with the bacon that looks raw, but the ones that we had looked just like the ones in the pic.

I agree, the bacon has to be just this side of charcoal. I have to have crispy bacon. Jalepenos come in various heat settings, too.

I'm watching America's Best Cook on the Food Network and one gal made a caramel sauce with bacon in it. She is Vegan but she said she would worry about that later, she tested it and said it was the perfect combination of sweet and salty.

Sounds good to me.

OK...OK...I have to share this. You can make your own caramel sauce by putting a can of sweetened evaporated milk in the crockpot, submersing is in water and allowing it to simmer for 8-12 hours. Pop the top on the can and, voila! Caramel sauce!

Sounds good to me.

OK...OK...I have to share this. You can make your own caramel sauce by putting a can of sweetened evaporated milk in the crockpot, submersing is in water and allowing it to simmer for 8-12 hours. Pop the top on the can and, voila! Caramel sauce!

Omg, that seems way too easy. What is the science behind that? I always made it with brown sugar, butter, cream, vanilla.

Sounds good to me.

Omg, that seems way too easy. What is the science behind that? I always made it with brown sugar, butter, cream, vanilla.

I'm not sure, but it works. I tried it. One of the guys at work told me about it. Maybe it's so easy, even a guy can do it? Go on, give it a try. Tell me it doesn't work.

Sounds good to me.

If you use 1/2 and 1/2 it's caramel, if you use heavy cream it's butterscotch. At least that's the way it was explained to me. :dunno:

I'm not sure, but it works. I tried it. One of the guys at work told me about it. Maybe it's so easy, even a guy can do it? Go on, give it a try. Tell me it doesn't work.

:) Okay, I'll try it but if that can blows up in my crock pot, I'm gonna be mad.

Easy Crockpot Caramel | How to Make Caramel in a Slow Cooker

Recipe: Oh-So-Easy Crockpot Caramel
Summary: One Ingredient + a Slow Cooker….what could be easier?
Ingredients
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
3 small canning jars with lids and rings (optional)
a crockpot
Instructions
(Optional) Divide the sweetened condensed milk from 2 cans equally into 3 small canning jars. Close jars with lids and rings.
Place jars (or the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk) into crockpot and fill crockpot as full as you possibly can so that jars or can are completely submerged in the water. This is important! No part of the jar or can should be out of the water at any time! Turn crockpot to low for 8-10 hours, refilling water if necessary.
Let caramel cool on counter at room temperature before opening. The canning jars may appear to seal but the caramel will NOT be shelf stable–it should be stored in the refrigerator! Use as a topping for ice-cream, as a dip for apples, or in recipes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)

Easy Crockpot Caramel | How to Make Caramel in a Slow Cooker

Recipe: Oh-So-Easy Crockpot Caramel
Summary: One Ingredient + a Slow Cooker….what could be easier?
Ingredients
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
3 small canning jars with lids and rings (optional)
a crockpot
Instructions
(Optional) Divide the sweetened condensed milk from 2 cans equally into 3 small canning jars. Close jars with lids and rings.
Place jars (or the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk) into crockpot and fill crockpot as full as you possibly can so that jars or can are completely submerged in the water. This is important! No part of the jar or can should be out of the water at any time! Turn crockpot to low for 8-10 hours, refilling water if necessary.
Let caramel cool on counter at room temperature before opening. The canning jars may appear to seal but the caramel will NOT be shelf stable–it should be stored in the refrigerator! Use as a topping for ice-cream, as a dip for apples, or in recipes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)

Seriously, you don't even need the jars. Just immerse the cans (take the labels off first).

cilios_good-night.jpg

Dad is home on day leave. He has to go back at 8pm though. Now the doctors are saying they might do the operation tomorrow.

This is just ridiculous. He could have had his operation already and be home recovering. What a laugh our health system is right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back