USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out to warm up the car around 7:10, at 7:30 the wife was finally ready to go to work. Went out to get in the car and it's snowing......

:eek: Man! I almost wish that weather were here. Yesterday `twas in the 80's and today forecast for 79. What all this means for indoors without A/C is 100 degrees. :eek: Blinds are shut, fans are out, shorts are ON!!! :thup:

No AC here either. I'm hoping the really hot weather stays away for the rest of the month when we are moved into the new place.

My friend, Otis, passed away this afternoon just before 1600. He died peacefully surrounded by family and friends. He will be missed. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Always touched Me..
I Remember
I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.​
I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.​
I whinnied to you softly as you brushed away a tear,​
“It’s me, I haven’t left you, I’m well, I’m fine, I’m here.”​
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,​
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.​
I was with you at the barn today. Your arms were getting sore.​
I longed to take your burdens, I wish I could do more.​
I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.​
I want to re-assure you, that I’m not lying there.​
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.​
I gently put my nose on you, I smiled and said “It’s me.”​
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.​
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.​
It’s possible for me to be so near you everyday.​
To say to you with certainty, “I never went away.”​
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew…​
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.​
The day is over… I smile and watch you yawning​
and say “Good-night, God bless, I’ll see you in the morning.”​
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,​
I’ll rush across to greet you and we’ll stand, side by side.​
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.​
Be patient, live your journey out… then come home to be with me.

Author unknown​

Good morning everybody. I'll be on a dead run for the next several hours getting ready for arrival of a house guest (my sister) this afternoon and preparing for my Uncle Ed's 88th birthday celebration tomorrow. Decided to prepare a luncheon here at home instead of going out. We all get bored with restaurant food, no matter how good, after so much of it.

Still holding BBD and his friends in a comforting virtual hug as they prepare for the final goodbyes for his dear friend Otis.

And we remain on surgery watch with Noomi. It is insane to cancel surgery so many times--he has to be kept without food and water in the hours prior to surgery and then not do it? Again and again and again? I've never heard of such a thing.

Fully understanding how Sheila is feeling and will hope for a remedy soon. My remedy is to put on one of a couple dozen movies that seem to have enough white noise in them that I go to sleep pretty quickly. The other night I put on "Earthquake" with Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, George Kennedy et al. At some point I was dreaming that the alarm on the wind up clock beside my bed was going off and I was irritated that I had to wake up to shut it off. And then it would shut itself off only to repeat in a few minutes. Finally I did wake up and reached to shut it off and saw that the 'alarm' was George Kennedy using a saw to cut through a wall to release some folks trapped in a basement after the Earthquake. :)

Ya'll in the flood zones keep your powder dry. And wow. Looks like the entire west coast is having a huge heat wave while we shiver in the low 40's here on the inner high desert.

Okay need to make Hombre a quick grocery list, need more coffee, and then onward---ya'll all have a great May Day.!

Last edited:
Speaking of...... The sun is out, the clouds and snow are moving out to the east and there's blue skies to the west...... For now......

Went out to warm up the car around 7:10, at 7:30 the wife was finally ready to go to work. Went out to get in the car and it's snowing......

:eek: Man! I almost wish that weather were here. Yesterday `twas in the 80's and today forecast for 79. What all this means for indoors without A/C is 100 degrees. :eek: Blinds are shut, fans are out, shorts are ON!!! :thup:

No AC here either. I'm hoping the really hot weather stays away for the rest of the month when we are moved into the new place.

I hope that happens for you, too. What a drag to move and especially in the heat. The heat saps any energy.

we've had t put our heat back on. we're still hitting the 30's at night

Good morning everyone!

It's cold and rainy over here in SE WI.

Siting in a client's home atm, watching over him as he sleeps.

I'm craving food, currently. My mom makes this recipe where she takes huge jalapenos, slices them in half lengthwise, scoops out the seeds/pith, stuffs them with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon, and then bakes them until awesome.

Dang, I want some of that right now. :D

jalapeno_popper_group_580.jpg

Good morning everyone!

I'm craving food, currently. My mom makes this recipe where she takes huge jalapenos, slices them in half lengthwise, scoops out the seeds/pith, stuffs them with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon, and then bakes them until awesome.

I hate you.

:evil::eusa_shifty::D

Well, what do you know? It's NOT raining here. No lasting damage at Doc's and travel around the area is getting back to normal.
The county sent a grader out to repair my road this morning. They are supposed to be covering the clay with "b" base gravel that will hold up better, but I don't think they've started that yet. They have a LOT of road repair to do after the storm.

I think the damned storm should have a name. I'm going with "Spring Storm Bubuh" for now.

Good morning everyone!

They look like dead crispy rats....... I'll take two dozen.......

Speaking of the weather here again..... the clouds are back in full force.... No precipitation of any kind, yet.........

Yay! School is all over now except posting grades. I'll have that done in short order. Perhaps now I'll have a bit more time to visit and keep up here.
Living in the land of wild salmon, I have learned to enjoy them as a culinary staple. Up here, residents can get permits to harvest between 30 and 500, depending on how much work you want to do. I do make a mean smoked salmon and know how to make gravlachs, too. I prefer my salmon fresh, though, it tastes wonderful right off the grill. If it's been frozen, it develops a more "fishy" flavor which I am not a fan of...so, either fresh or smoked for me.

I hate you. I really do. School for me doesn't end for another month.:lol:

I have to ask, which side of the podium do you sit on? I've had my own side 14 years now. Every one else sits on the other side and hangs on my every word.

Good morning everyone!

I think I'll pass. :D

Presentation is everything.

Provided the humidity is low there is an easy way to "air condition" your home. Just take a dish towel, soak it with water, wring it out and then drape it over the fan. The evaporating water cools the air. I even used this trick when I was driving through a semi arid desert and the AC failed on the car. I used damp handkerchiefs in front of the vents.

Last edited:
Yay! School is all over now except posting grades. I'll have that done in short order. Perhaps now I'll have a bit more time to visit and keep up here.
Living in the land of wild salmon, I have learned to enjoy them as a culinary staple. Up here, residents can get permits to harvest between 30 and 500, depending on how much work you want to do. I do make a mean smoked salmon and know how to make gravlachs, too. I prefer my salmon fresh, though, it tastes wonderful right off the grill. If it's been frozen, it develops a more "fishy" flavor which I am not a fan of...so, either fresh or smoked for me.

I hate you. I really do. School for me doesn't end for another month.:lol:

I have to ask, which side of the podium do you sit on? I've had my own side 14 years now. Every one else sits on the other side and hangs on my every word.

hang_on_every_word_1175655.jpg

This is the reason why I keep my alarm clock on the dresser in front of the bed. Way in front.

alarm_Clock.gif

You mean you have to GET UP to shut it up? That is worse torture than having the darn thing going off every 15 minutes.....:lol:
I have no choice, it's either that or I just turn over and go back to sleep.
Zzzz.gif

I have my cats trained to respond to my alarm. I don't always get up at the same time,so they learned that the alarm signals pending food delivery. What's nice is, no alarm, no cats.

69 degrees here, and sunny, thought the weather forecast says it's partly cloudy. Suppose to rain tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back