USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's celeb no. 2 drinking coffee:

fb825d85521705a78da73eed0c92fb1c.jpg

That's George Clooney.

George never has appealed to me. I hear he is now engaged to be married to a lawyer. :eusa_angel: I have also heard how difficult it is to be married to a lawyer, should you ever want a divorce. Takes forever for it to be a done deal.

My nephew married a lawyer. Maybe that's why he became one? They're still happily married with two beautiful boys.

Good morning everyone!

It's cold and rainy over here in SE WI.

Siting in a client's home atm, watching over him as he sleeps.

I'm craving food, currently. My mom makes this recipe where she takes huge jalapenos, slices them in half lengthwise, scoops out the seeds/pith, stuffs them with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon, and then bakes them until awesome.

Dang, I want some of that right now. :D

jalapeno_popper_group_580.jpg
You're not kidding, they do look good. I have some bacon and jalapenos at home, but no cream cheese. Going to pick some up later this afternoon on the way home. They would make a terrific appetizer prior to dinner. :D

Good morning everyone!

I'm craving food, currently. My mom makes this recipe where she takes huge jalapenos, slices them in half lengthwise, scoops out the seeds/pith, stuffs them with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon, and then bakes them until awesome.

Those are awesome. We also put them on the grill for BBQ, too!

May Day as my mother described it: Boys would put a basket of flowers on your porch and run away. You would answer the door and if you say the boy, chase him down and give him a kiss. I wonder why that practice went away. It sounds like fun to me.

Happy May Day everyone.

I think there are laws against that kind of stuff nowadays.

May Day. I remember May Day well. Back in my much younger days, May Day was a very big deal at school. Of course there was school on that day but no classes. The day was spent entirely outside. There were softball games, sack races, a picnic and of course the traditional dance around the May Pole. It was one of the very best days to go to school. I don't believe they do things like that any more. Really sad to loose traditions.

Okay, there are two chairs in my back yard. I need lawn chairs, have been looking for the right ones and now there are two of them in my back yard. They are used and need cushions. I have no idea where they came from. I guess I'm going to have to get them cushions.

May Day. I remember May Day well. Back in my much younger days, May Day was a very big deal at school. Of course there was school on that day but no classes. The day was spent entirely outside. There were softball games, sack races, a picnic and of course the traditional dance around the May Pole. It was one of the very best days to go to school. I don't believe they do things like that any more. Really sad to loose traditions.

I don't remember if we had classes but we always did the traditional May pole thing. It was one of those special things every child enjoyed doing. We would skip and dance our way around the pole, to some sort of happy classical music, weaving the colorful streamers until the pole was decorated. . . .then we reversed the process and undecorated it so that next group of kids could have the experience of doing it themselves.

We never had the May pole celebration but I went to Catholic school and we had a crowning of the Blessed Virgin in church. A May Queen was selected and that girl would carry the crown up to the front of church and place it on the statue where it would stay for the month of May.

We never had the May pole celebration but I went to Catholic school and we had a crowning of the Blessed Virgin in church. A May Queen was selected and that girl would carry the crown up to the front of church and place it on the statue where it would stay for the month of May.

Memories. :) Thanks for the share.

May Day as my mother described it: Boys would put a basket of flowers on your porch and run away. You would answer the door and if you say the boy, chase him down and give him a kiss. I wonder why that practice went away. It sounds like fun to me.

Happy May Day everyone.

[MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION]

Instead of the flowers on the porch...

In Germany, in years that are not leap years, young men (like, from 18-25) buy May-trees (Maibäume) and, in the middle of the night, they attach those small trees, all decorated, to the house of their respective girlfriends.

Here is how one looks:

Maibaum.jpg

Just yesterday, I had almost finished a run with the dog, and one the way back, I saw a group of young men dragging their Maibäume that they just bought towards home, I presume, to get them all decorated. I made a little film of it:

https://vimeo.com/93530928

Sorry about the breathing and breathy sound, I was kinda dying from running and stopped long enough to cross the tram tracks and to make a vid of the Maibaum guys... The worst thing about getting back to running is that actual getting in shape part. :eek:

Good morning everyone!

We had those at Christmas....they are to die for. I usually don't like hot stuff, but these weren't that hot....really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back