USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else been watching Jeopardy? There's a gal "Julia" from Illinois, and she has been kicking some butt. She has won 8 days straight, and is the first woman to win that many games. She's almost at $200k.....go Julia....:)

(yes, that video is really 10 hours long!!!)

:lol:

I don't want to spend 10 hours watching it, is it about Julia?

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheese cuts the fire. I've never done them that way, but may just give it a shot.

The bacon has to be almost crispy...otherwise they are chewy....some people fix them with the bacon that looks raw, but the ones that we had looked just like the ones in the pic.

I made them tonight. They were a bit on the chewy side, but delicious. I' really don't like my bacon crispy. I will give them a few more minutes next time. I could only stand to wait 20 minutes @450, else I would have gone another 5. I put them low in the oven on a cookie sheet to cook the bottoms

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Dad, Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
BBD and the family of his dear friend, Otis.
Sarah
Ernie as he waits with Royce and family,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

This is the reason why I keep my alarm clock on the dresser in front of the bed. Way in front.

alarm_Clock.gif

You mean you have to GET UP to shut it up? That is worse torture than having the darn thing going off every 15 minutes.....:lol:

I do the same thing. It helps.

Although there was that one time I woke up and found it smashed to bits on the floor beside the dresser... I got a new clock and it hasn't happened again (yet.)

Dad is home on day leave. He has to go back at 8pm though. Now the doctors are saying they might do the operation tomorrow.

This is just ridiculous. He could have had his operation already and be home recovering. What a laugh our health system is right now!

Is it your health system or is that particular hospital run by inept lunatics? I as because I've known a few hospitals to go to shit or to become the best in the region just by changing the administrators.

Dad is home on day leave. He has to go back at 8pm though. Now the doctors are saying they might do the operation tomorrow.

This is just ridiculous. He could have had his operation already and be home recovering. What a laugh our health system is right now!

Is it your health system or is that particular hospital run by inept lunatics? I as because I've known a few hospitals to go to shit or to become the best in the region just by changing the administrators.

Australia has one of the highest life expectancy ratings in the world, higher than all of Europe and Scandanavia except for Italy. The US should be so fortunate. My thought is that the doctors are being very cautious, perhaps overly cautious, about when to operate. But, it is obviously frustrating and worrisome for the patient and his family. Hope all goes well, Noomi. I'm sure it will.

Last edited:
This morning, my browser service, Bing! used a picture of Berlin (for some reason?) as their page, which reminded me of the Berlin Wall song, "West of the Wall" that was popular in the early sixties. So I looked it up, and it was sung by a one-hit artist Toni Fischer. The song hit #1 in Australia, and I thought it was popular here, too, but it only made it to #39 according to one source I was reading. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I just know I loved the song, but this version is not what I remember, so I'm not sure if I didn't hear something else or a different artist. The song is unmistakable, and the Berlin Wall has its 25th Anniversary this November the 9th, 2014. Here's Toni's version of "West of the Wall" for all who love freedom:

[ame=http://youtu.be/RVeG-MllgXI]West of the wall - Toni Fisher - YouTube[/ame]

This morning, my browser service, Bing! used a picture of Berlin (for some reason?) as their page, which reminded me of the Berlin Wall song, "West of the Wall" that was popular in the early sixties. So I looked it up, and it was sung by a one-hit artist Toni Fischer. The song hit #1 in Australia, and I thought it was popular here, too, but it only made it to #39 according to one source I was reading. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I just know I loved the song, but this version is not what I remember, so I'm not sure if I didn't hear something else or a different artist. The song is unmistakable, and the Berlin Wall has its 25th Anniversary this November the 9th, 2014. Here's Toni's version of "West of the Wall" for all who love freedom:

West of the wall - Toni Fisher - YouTube

my father in law grew up in berlin. spent the war as a german soldier on the russian front. was wounded and left for dead twice. was captured once, spent time in a russian POW camp and escaped. finished out the war wounded in an allied prison camp. lived through the russian occupation of berlin and managed to defect to the Austria. He had some amazing stories to tell

Nothing has changed in your system, just your opinion of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back