USMB Coffee Shop IV

I do feel at home here. Maybe that is why I haven't missed The Singles Bar. And even though 007 is my hot cyber-squeeze, we do enjoy an open relationship with others...:eusa_dance:
Hey, if you ever want to cheat on him....
I don't mind my girl flirting with other men. We're adults, and neither has a death grip on the other.

We like it that way.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I've never been able to cultivate a taste for martinis back when I was still indulging in adult beverages. I know it makes me a wuss but my favorite drink was a simple rum and coke, except the rum gave me a frightful headache. But I liked pina coladas and daiquiris almost as well. And I did like champagne but one glass would put me on my ear.
The key to avoiding hangovers and frightful headaches is to only indulge in top quality liquor.
For example, were I to drink a hefty 300 ml of Dewar's White Label Scotch I'd feel like crap the next day, but I can drink 300 ml of Balvenie Single Barrel 15 year old and feel fine the next day.

The key to avoiding hangovers is to not drink alcoholic beverages. ;)

Besides, alcohol is gross! :puke:

That's why I like the ones that taste like candy. Then, those could be dangerous because they are so good and you can't taste the alcohol, you could get really drunk really fast and not even realize it! :lol: I only drink occasionally myself. I don't do alcohol very well. Lol.
If you haven't tried it yet, have some Rum Chatta. I can't believe they make it taste so good. Like Cinnabun in liquid form.

I love Italian food, but I hate olives. Is that weird? :D I just pick the olives out if something comes with olives, and when I make Italian dishes at home, I leave out the olives. Olives . . . yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I had a cat once that loved olives though. :lol:
I like the both. I always keep the small cans of sliced black olives on hand for pizza and other things, and a big jar of green olives to snack on. I'll just pop that out of the fridge and eat a dozen or so for a snack. Love olives... they're really good for you too.
Green olives are best dropped into a martini.
I mean a real martini, not a vodka martini.
I don't care for gin, however gin and lemonade in a frosty mug with ice makes a great summer time cooler.

Oh, I DO love martinis. Just don't drink them. But as that other sexy dude, 007, I always preferred them shaken and not stirred!

I've never been able to cultivate a taste for martinis back when I was still indulging in adult beverages. I know it makes me a wuss but my favorite drink was a simple rum and coke, except the rum gave me a frightful headache. But I liked pina coladas and daiquiris almost as well. And I did like champagne but one glass would put me on my ear.
The key to avoiding hangovers and frightful headaches is to only indulge in top quality liquor.
For example, were I to drink a hefty 300 ml of Dewar's White Label Scotch I'd feel like crap the next day, but I can drink 300 ml of Balvenie Single Barrel 15 year old and feel fine the next day.

That's why I like the ones that taste like candy. Then, those could be dangerous because they are so good and you can't taste the alcohol, you could get really drunk really fast and not even realize it! :lol: I only drink occasionally myself. I don't do alcohol very well. Lol.
If you haven't tried it yet, have some Rum Chatta. I can't believe they make it taste so good. Like Cinnabun in liquid form.

There was a rum I liked while boating, in the 90's and I think I recall it being named Captain, something or the other. It was so delish!

I do feel at home here. Maybe that is why I haven't missed The Singles Bar. And even though 007 is my hot cyber-squeeze, we do enjoy an open relationship with others...:eusa_dance:
Hey, if you ever want to cheat on him....
I don't mind my girl flirting with other men. We're adults, and neither has a death grip on the other.

We like it that way.

Just as long as the John Deere and Harley seats space is only for sweet Daisy Mae. :smiliehug:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Okay boys and girls. Here is today's math quiz--you're supposed to do it in your head first and then check yourself with pencil and paper.

10380294_10152429679154254_8611201138241299408_n.jpg
Now this is odd... using the calculator on my computer I get 56. Using the calculator in my smart phone I get 50. Punched in the same on both, two different answers. Now I need to know why....

I love Italian food, but I hate olives. Is that weird? :D I just pick the olives out if something comes with olives, and when I make Italian dishes at home, I leave out the olives. Olives . . . yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I had a cat once that loved olives though. :lol:
I like the both. I always keep the small cans of sliced black olives on hand for pizza and other things, and a big jar of green olives to snack on. I'll just pop that out of the fridge and eat a dozen or so for a snack. Love olives... they're really good for you too.
Green olives are best dropped into a martini.
I mean a real martini, not a vodka martini.
I don't care for gin, however gin and lemonade in a frosty mug with ice makes a great summer time cooler.

Dang! That sounded good right now and it is only 7:45 am....lol

There was a rum I liked while boating, in the 90's and I think I recall it being named Captain, something or the other. It was so delish!
Probably Captain Morgans spiced rum. Good mixed as well as over the rocks.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Okay boys and girls. Here is today's math quiz--you're supposed to do it in your head first and then check yourself with pencil and paper.

Now this is odd... using the calculator on my computer I get 56. Using the calculator in my smart phone I get 50. Punched in the same on both, two different answers. Now I need to know why....

I have been getting 56 w/o the calculator, but since Foxy said most are getting it wrong, I could have, too. Too early to search it, for me though. I'm still trying to fully awaken. lol

Probably Captain Morgans spiced rum. Good mixed as well over the rocks.

YES, THAT WAS IT!!!!! Kudos, squeeze.....:smiliehug:

• Thanks
Many more that will occur, or many more that you will fail to invite me to?

Many more that will occur, of course. :) I was saving the good stuff for you . . . steak! Lol.
I prefer tenderloin/filet mignon but find ribeye's acceptable also.

Porterhouse would be good. :D You can bring the wine!
Still looking for the filet or ribeye, paired with a Burley Cabernet Sauvignon.
It's a big cab made for people that love red wine.

That's why Porterhouse would be perfect. You can have the filet and I'll have the sirloin. :wink_2: Lol.
I like all steak, so long as it's not tough. When the longer you chew it the bigger it gets, I'm not even going to bother finishing it. So probably fillet would have to be my fav, medium rare.

54 ETA: damned fingers meant 56
It's 50, whether using parentheses or not.

7 + 7/7 + 7*7 - 7

First, you want to perform any division and/or multiplication operations.

That is, 7/7 = 1 and 7*7 = 49 .

Then plug these answers into the original equation.

7 + 7/7 + 7*7 - 7 = 7 + 1 + 49 - 7

Then you perform the addition and/or subtraction operations.

Notice that there is a +7 and -7 in the equation, which would cancel each other out (i.e., 7 - 7 = 0). So you would be left with the following:

1 + 49 = 50

7 7 7 7x7-7 WyzAnt Resources

• Thanks
Still looking for the filet or ribeye, paired with a Burley Cabernet Sauvignon.
It's a big cab made for people that love red wine.

That's why Porterhouse would be perfect. You can have the filet and I'll have the sirloin. :wink_2: Lol.

I want a T-bone, medium rare. Porterhouse, delicious but way too much fat content. I do love a filet, bacon-wrapped. :thup: Oh my.....:D
My favorite is a ribeye, lots of fat........... :D

That's actually a favorite cut, too because of all the marbling...lol, but I cannot do that to my body. Maybe once a year. I still though prefer the flavor of a T-bone steak. Always have.
Yeah my ribeye intake is few and far between, two or three times a year. Mostly it's T-bone or NY Strip with the rare Porterhouse (my second favorite) thrown in. The problem is how much they cost these days so we generally only eat steak once a month on average.

I sympathise. Being steakless is no fun. On my deployments to the gastronomic and alcoholic wilderness of Afghanistan I had wet dreams about a sizzling steak. That and a cold beer were what most of us missed most as we prepared our boil in the bag meals. Yuk! So bad that you soon learned how to speed eat with indigestion being the sign of fulfilment. I like any kind of steak, as long as it's medium rare and ribeye is my favourite. Damn! I just got my gastric juices flowing.

What was that I.D. whatever factor you were explaining the other day? :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Truth is I don't know. The consensus here seems to be that the answer is 56 but again, going to the internet where the problem is being worked a LOT, the answers are all over the place.)

See Aqua's solution for instance. . . . and I don't KNOW whether she is right or whether Montro is or the rest of us are. . . .

Oh and good morning everybody. Bootneck's culinary adventures in Afghanistan made me decide not to throw a soup in the crock pot for later.

As for steaks, beef has gotten so expensive we have it sparingly and about the only cut we afford, every once in awhile, is a sirloin--almost as low fat as a round steak and requires some special marinating and seasoning to be really good, but I've learned how to make it something we look forward to.

I enjoy a ribeye or a filet too--a New York cut is good if the cook knows how to prepare it. And my favorite is also the T-bone--absolutely the most flavorful of all steaks.

54 ETA: damned fingers meant 56
It's 50, whether using parentheses or not.

7 + 7/7 + 7*7 - 7

First, you want to perform any division and/or multiplication operations.

That is, 7/7 = 1 and 7*7 = 49 .

Then plug these answers into the original equation.

7 + 7/7 + 7*7 - 7 = 7 + 1 + 49 - 7

Then you perform the addition and/or subtraction operations.

Notice that there is a +7 and -7 in the equation, which would cancel each other out (i.e., 7 - 7 = 0). So you would be left with the following:

1 + 49 = 50

7 7 7 7x7-7 WyzAnt Resources

That would be Captain Morgan, but if you like rum, this is one of the finest. It's won many gold medals at international wine and spirit competitions.

pussers-bottle.jpg

London Broil kicks ass Foxy. Just marinade for about 24 hours and grill. It's awesome. :)

I've not tried it on the grill but I have pan broiled it like I do the sirloin and I agree it isn't bad. But I have a crock pot recipe for London broil that we prefer for that cut. But London Broil is usually a lot more expensive than the petite sirloin we buy too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back