USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've never been able to cultivate a taste for martinis back when I was still indulging in adult beverages. I know it makes me a wuss but my favorite drink was a simple rum and coke, except the rum gave me a frightful headache. But I liked pina coladas and daiquiris almost as well. And I did like champagne but one glass would put me on my ear.
The key to avoiding hangovers and frightful headaches is to only indulge in top quality liquor.
For example, were I to drink a hefty 300 ml of Dewar's White Label Scotch I'd feel like crap the next day, but I can drink 300 ml of Balvenie Single Barrel 15 year old and feel fine the next day.

The key to avoiding hangovers is to not drink alcoholic beverages. ;)

Besides, alcohol is gross! :puke:

And you get sick because it is actually poisoning you. I think it's fine in moderation though. :)
We invented a new drink tonight after getting in a couple bottles of Crown Royal Maple. A shot of the maple with a half shot of butterscotch schnapps smells exactly like French Toast. I'm told it tastes like it too.
So that is the second new cocktail in 2 weeks. It joined our root Beer float. Imagine a float the way John Henry Holliday would have ordered it
12 oz of Virgil's root beer, a shot of Jeremiah Weed sarsaparilla flavored Bourbon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I believe I mentioned it. They're selling well at $10 each.

Two parts sweet vermouth. One part sweet gin. And some bitters. With a twist.
That's NOT a Martini. A Martini is a shot of good or great gin, a teaspoon or less dry vermouth garnished with an olive and maybe some of the juice from the olive jar. (dirty Martini)
A Manhattan is 2 parts top shelf Whiskey (usually Canadian but some prefer Bourbon) and 1 part sweet vermouth with a dash of bitters.

Many more that will occur, of course. :) I was saving the good stuff for you . . . steak! Lol.
I prefer tenderloin/filet mignon but find ribeye's acceptable also.

Porterhouse would be good. :D You can bring the wine!
Still looking for the filet or ribeye, paired with a Burley Cabernet Sauvignon.
It's a big cab made for people that love red wine.

That's why Porterhouse would be perfect. You can have the filet and I'll have the sirloin. :wink_2: Lol.
Ahh, now I'm catching up.
I like rare to medium rare for my steaks, what's yer preference?
I like my beef rare/ very rare, if a place will cook it for me that way. I tell the waitress my steak should be cooked so that after 2 days in intensive care, it could walk out on it's own.

I've never been able to cultivate a taste for martinis back when I was still indulging in adult beverages. I know it makes me a wuss but my favorite drink was a simple rum and coke, except the rum gave me a frightful headache. But I liked pina coladas and daiquiris almost as well. And I did like champagne but one glass would put me on my ear.
The key to avoiding hangovers and frightful headaches is to only indulge in top quality liquor.
For example, were I to drink a hefty 300 ml of Dewar's White Label Scotch I'd feel like crap the next day, but I can drink 300 ml of Balvenie Single Barrel 15 year old and feel fine the next day.

Shaddap! I own a bar and don't appreciate that kind of language.

That's why I like the ones that taste like candy. Then, those could be dangerous because they are so good and you can't taste the alcohol, you could get really drunk really fast and not even realize it! :lol: I only drink occasionally myself. I don't do alcohol very well. Lol.
Try a bushwhacker some time. Think milkshake.

Peppermint, spearmint or ginger...or even a banana help an upset stomach.
Is it the first time in the Coffee Shop for you Diana? I'll leave it to Foxy to check and get your complimentary hot beverage.

Unfortunately I hate peppermint, do like spearmint and ginger but have none of either in the house, as well as no bananas. I usually cure an upset stomach with a few oxycodones and lots of fluid, which is what I plan to do.

Be careful using oxys as a remedy for stomach issues. They can actually cause stomach issues themselves, if I remember correctly. So while they might relieve pain short term, they also might cause more issues later which push you into taking more.
I've had a scrip for oxy's for probably going on 15 years. I use them very sparingly.

Yup, here I am, up in the middle of the night with a massively upset stomach. Ate something that didn't agree with me... o_O

Too much Pizza pie? Too many olives? Are you better now?
I never did make that mag pizza the other night. I was too tired to fuss with it. I had an Old Fashioned Loaf sammich instead, and evidently that upset my stomach. All better now. Got in a full day yesterday. Got the GMC loaded up on a flat bed wrecker for a 12 mile ride to the dealer for the alignment, and that was $95. My GAWD, I'm in the wrong business. I think I'll buy me a wrecker. $95 for maybe 45 minutes work? What a racket.

Many more that will occur, or many more that you will fail to invite me to?

Many more that will occur, of course. :) I was saving the good stuff for you . . . steak! Lol.

That's why Porterhouse would be perfect. You can have the filet and I'll have the sirloin. :wink_2: Lol.

I want a T-bone, medium rare. Porterhouse, delicious but way too much fat content. I do love a filet, bacon-wrapped. :thup: Oh my.....:D

Another rough night, in bed at 9:30 up at 3am but even after a half a pot of coffee I was able to go back to sleep at 6am and woke up at 7:30. The wife wants to take a drive to Florence CO today and buy her Ganesh statue after the guy from the moving company is done with his estimate.

I want a T-bone, medium rare. Porterhouse, delicious but way too much fat content. I do love a filet, bacon-wrapped. :thup: Oh my.....:D
My favorite is a ribeye, lots of fat........... :D

Yup, here I am, up in the middle of the night with a massively upset stomach. Ate something that didn't agree with me... o_O

Too much Pizza pie? Too many olives? Are you better now?
I never did make that mag pizza the other night. I was too tired to fuss with it. I had an Old Fashioned Loaf sammich instead, and evidently that upset my stomach. All better now. Got in a full day yesterday. Got the GMC loaded up on a flat bed wrecker for a 12 mile ride to the dealer for the alignment, and that was $95. My GAWD, I'm in the wrong business. I think I'll buy me a wrecker. $95 for maybe 45 minutes work? What a racket.

Go for it, 7, my sweet and only cyber-squeeze. Supply and demand dictates wages, more often than not? :D

That's actually a favorite cut, too because of all the marbling...lol, but I cannot do that to my body. Maybe once a year. I still though prefer the flavor of a T-bone steak. Always have.

Another rough night, in bed at 9:30 up at 3am but even after a half a pot of coffee I was able to go back to sleep at 6am and woke up at 7:30. The wife wants to take a drive to Florence CO today and buy her Ganesh statue after the guy from the moving company is done with his estimate.

And where are you moving, Ringel? And where are you moving from. Did you find that job you were looking for? I had to miss a couple of days here before coming back yesterday, so I am not caught up on the life and times of my coffee-mates.

That's actually a favorite cut, too because of all the marbling...lol, but I cannot do that to my body. Maybe once a year. I still though prefer the flavor of a T-bone steak. Always have.
Yeah my ribeye intake is few and far between, two or three times a year. Mostly it's T-bone or NY Strip with the rare Porterhouse (my second favorite) thrown in. The problem is how much they cost these days so we generally only eat steak once a month on average.

And where are you moving, Ringel? And where are you moving from. Did you find that job you were looking for? I had to miss a couple of days here before coming back yesterday, so I am not caught up on the life and times of my coffee-mates.
Me, I'm still fighting the government for disability, the wife got a job down in El Paso, TX and we have to be there before the end of the month. Moving from Podunk..... uummmmm Trinidad, CO.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Oh and the Coffee Shop is a pretty good singles bar too. We have a nice mix of married folks and singles here, and we are an extremely eclectic group. We have so many eligible bachelors and bachelorettes, I would feel right at home here if I was single. (And a lot younger.)

I do feel at home here. Maybe that is why I haven't missed The Singles Bar. And even though 007 is my hot cyber-squeeze, we do enjoy an open relationship with others...:eusa_dance:

I love Italian food, but I hate olives. Is that weird? :D I just pick the olives out if something comes with olives, and when I make Italian dishes at home, I leave out the olives. Olives . . . yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I had a cat once that loved olives though. :lol:
I like the both. I always keep the small cans of sliced black olives on hand for pizza and other things, and a big jar of green olives to snack on. I'll just pop that out of the fridge and eat a dozen or so for a snack. Love olives... they're really good for you too.
Green olives are best dropped into a martini.
I mean a real martini, not a vodka martini.
I don't care for gin, however gin and lemonade in a frosty mug with ice makes a great summer time cooler.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Me, I'm still fighting the government for disability, the wife got a job down in El Paso, TX and we have to be there before the end of the month. Moving from Podunk..... uummmmm Trinidad, CO.

OOHHH, gotcha! I am a Texas gal in spirit, which is noted under my avie. Best of luck to each of you, Ringel, my fave cyber-geek. :D

Forum List

Back