USMB Coffee Shop IV

If you google the question--which is hard to do since there is no symbol for 'divide' on our keyboards--you see that the question has been asked many many times on the internet. And the answers are all over the map.

As I understand it the PEMDAS or BOMDAS order of operation is standard, but I certainly am no expert.

More of an expert than me since I don't even know what those words mean. :D

Parentheses, Exponents, Multiply, Divide, Addition, Subtraction. BOMDAS just switches it to Brackets and....er.....Orders? It's used in Canada and Europe I think. Means the same thing, the order you do various math functions in.

Two parts sweet vermouth. One part sweet gin. And some bitters. With a twist.
Not sweet vermouth, and I've never heard of sweet gin. Your proportions are all wrong, it's only a drop or two of DRY vermouth for about three shots of gin. Bitters isn't common in a martini, but I have heard of it. The "twist" (of lemon peel) is uncommon for a true gin martini, that's more of a fake vodka martini adition instead of using olives.

1938201.png

I'm hurt that you didn't invite me over for burgers.

:lol: Don't worry, Alan, there will be plenty more! :wink_2:
Many more that will occur, or many more that you will fail to invite me to?

Many more that will occur, of course. :) I was saving the good stuff for you . . . steak! Lol.
I prefer tenderloin/filet mignon but find ribeye's acceptable also.

Porterhouse would be good. :D You can bring the wine!
Still looking for the filet or ribeye, paired with a Burley Cabernet Sauvignon.
It's a big cab made for people that love red wine.

I used to bartend at a members club. Lots of older men. They all ordered Martinis

I've never been able to cultivate a taste for martinis back when I was still indulging in adult beverages. I know it makes me a wuss but my favorite drink was a simple rum and coke, except the rum gave me a frightful headache. But I liked pina coladas and daiquiris almost as well. And I did like champagne but one glass would put me on my ear.

Getting estimates for full service moves, need three to qualify for partial reimbursement. Talk about sticker shock!!!!!!

I've never been able to cultivate a taste for martinis back when I was still indulging in adult beverages. I know it makes me a wuss but my favorite drink was a simple rum and coke, except the rum gave me a frightful headache. But I liked pina coladas and daiquiris almost as well. And I did like champagne but one glass would put me on my ear.
The key to avoiding hangovers and frightful headaches is to only indulge in top quality liquor.
For example, were I to drink a hefty 300 ml of Dewar's White Label Scotch I'd feel like crap the next day, but I can drink 300 ml of Balvenie Single Barrel 15 year old and feel fine the next day.

Getting estimates for full service moves, need three to qualify for partial reimbursement. Talk about sticker shock!!!!!!
Form your own moving company. Undercut the low estimate by $100. Then rent a U-Haul. Hope the wife's company never asks you for a quote to move somebody else.

:lol: Don't worry, Alan, there will be plenty more! :wink_2:

Many more that will occur, of course. :) I was saving the good stuff for you . . . steak! Lol.

That's why Porterhouse would be perfect. You can have the filet and I'll have the sirloin. :wink_2: Lol.

I used to bartend at a members club. Lots of older men. They all ordered Martinis

Me neither, Foxy. I like my drinks to taste like candy. :D I like wine occasionally, but I rarely drink more than a glass or two.

That's why Porterhouse would be perfect. You can have the filet and I'll have the sirloin. :wink_2: Lol.
Ahh, now I'm catching up.
I like rare to medium rare for my steaks, what's yer preference?

Ahh, now I'm catching up.
I like rare to medium rare for my steaks, what's yer preference?

Medium rare here too! :D

The key to avoiding hangovers and frightful headaches is to only indulge in top quality liquor.
For example, were I to drink a hefty 300 ml of Dewar's White Label Scotch I'd feel like crap the next day, but I can drink 300 ml of Balvenie Single Barrel 15 year old and feel fine the next day.

The key to avoiding hangovers is to not drink alcoholic beverages. ;)

Besides, alcohol is gross! :puke:

That's why I like the ones that taste like candy. Then, those could be dangerous because they are so good and you can't taste the alcohol, you could get really drunk really fast and not even realize it! :lol: I only drink occasionally myself. I don't do alcohol very well. Lol.

And you get sick because it is actually poisoning you. I think it's fine in moderation though. :)

Form your own moving company. Undercut the low estimate by $100. Then rent a U-Haul. Hope the wife's company never asks you for a quote to move somebody else.
No, no more, I can't take it physically any longer, I'll pay to have someone else do it and the wife agrees 100%.

Okay boys and girls. Here is today's math quiz--you're supposed to do it in your head first and then check yourself with pencil and paper.

10380294_10152429679154254_8611201138241299408_n.jpg

How'd you get 79? I did it like 7 + 7 = 14
14 divided by 7 = 2
2 + 7 = 9
9 x 7 = 63
63 - 7 = 56 . . .

So what did I do wrong? :lol:

Unless you do the multiplication and division first (isn't that a general rule?) in which case you get 50.

7 + (7/7) + (7x7) - 7
7 + 1 + 49 - 7

I got 56 first, then remembered the whole order of operation thing. :D
That's only when there are parentheses. Strung like that, it's 56.

Forum List

Back