USMB Coffee Shop IV

Peppermint, spearmint or ginger...or even a banana help an upset stomach.
Ginger works well, too. I keep some crystalized ginger on hand just for tummy upsets.

I do too. I was pretty much nauseous for four months straight. Ginger was really the only thing that would calm my stomach. I found ways to make it Ginger into everything. Ginger tea was the best.

Again I didn't sleep well last night but I'm pretty sure I at minimum have a cold. Developed a deep bronchial cough yesterday and a light fever, went to bed a 11pm but was up by 3:30 again. Just woke up from a 2 1/2 hour nap, still feel terrible.
Of course I'm not awake yet and the wife finally gets the phone call from EL Paso and I have to get the ball rolling, they're meeting her salary asking price and she has to be down there by the 26th (employment physical and orientation) to actually start on the 30th.

It gives you some time to get over what you might have though.
Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids and I'm sending prayers your way for a speedy and quick recovery.
it's not good to have to move to a new City while you are sick.

007..no, not the first time...I took a hiatus for a few months due to being in the hospital. I have returned like a bad penny lol.

Oxy cures most ailments lol..just be careful ;-)

Hi Diana. Good to see you back but sorry you've had such serious medical problems. But we like all our pennies here. :)

It seems like sugar is in most everything you buy today, and sugar is very addictive and bad for us, in high amounts. I DO like me my salt, though. Since I diet and exercise, the small amount of food I consume is not unhealthy for me, according to a doctor. He said you don't eat enough food to worry about your salt intake. :D
True about sugar in almost everything. Even worse, American manufacturers really like high fructose corn syrup. That stuff really isn't good for you, especially since most of the corn used is now GMO. I've started making a lot of my own sauces, dressings, etc. Over the weekend I made some sweet and sour sauce, substituted pineapple juice for the sugar the recipe called for. Provided the "sweet" using a natural sweetener. I have also refined a simple cocktail sauce, without sugar. Tastes just as good as store-bought, too!

Good afternoon everybody. We're just a tick past noon here and like Ernie I didn't have a good night of staying asleep. So when I did finally get into a good sleep this morning I took advantage of it. Got up a quarter past 11. Haven't stayed in bed that long in I don't know when but I do feel better. Have I mentioned lately that I hate daylight savings time?

Hope 007 is feeling better. Pizza is one of my favorite things and I prefer my own homemade pizza to pizzaria pizza and certainly to frozen pizza that you thaw and bake. But I'll eat any of it in a pinch. I love olives, black and green, and I'll eat them on a pizza but I don't order them on a pizzaria pizza or put them on my homemade pizza. I prefer olives all by themselves as a side.

Hump day again and a beautiful day here--mid 50's going up to mid 60's today and probably the rest of the week. Ya'll all have a good one.
Sorry to know so many of the CS denizens are having sleep/health issues. Hope things resolve themselves favorably for all you wonnerful folks.
Cold here, single digits. I'm keeping close vigil on the maternity herd. Two mommas so far, four boys and one tiny little girl. I had hoped last week would have brought more kids. Alas, Nature does not always operate according to our preferred schedule.
After losing weight last summer, I gradually began adding some things back on my menu. I did well until I re-introduced carbs like breads, potatoes, and pasta. The pounds started coming back. My conclusion is, I should severely restrict certain kinds of carbohydrates and try to eat more veggies and such.

I lost 100 lbs in the past 4 months. I was on iv nutrition for two of those months. When I was able to eat food again it was mainly soft food or meat because I needed protein. I haven't had a carb since. Other than what may be in certain foods.

It's very hard. I loved my pastas and breads.

I've been looking for some time to find Ringel's post where he announced Mrs. R got the job in El Paso, but I keep missing it somehow.

But WHOOPEE!!!! This has been such a long haul for those two. I'll leave them on through the move and until we're pretty sure everything is going to work out, and I will so look forward to taking their transition off the vigil list where I think it has been now for years. :)

I lost 100 lbs in the past 4 months. I was on iv nutrition for two of those months. When I was able to eat food again it was mainly soft food or meat because I needed protein. I haven't had a carb since. Other than what may be in certain foods.

Wow woman. Apparently you had a few pounds to spare with that kind of weight loss--a lot of us are in that situation I think--but I hope you recover sufficiently to be able to enjoy at least a few guilty pleasures, however sparingly, in the future.

Already have the movers scheduled to get a moving bid tomorrow morning, have the real estate agent in El Paso sending us listings again and after being down there and looking around we know which areas to avoid. Will have to set a stop date on the utilities and see about moving our Comcast service to El Paso.
We already gave our months notice on this place (with the caveat to extend or cancel) so I just notified our landlord the move is a go.
Considering hauling her car down on a car trailer hooked to the back of my truck.

Wow woman. Apparently you had a few pounds to spare with that kind of weight loss--a lot of us are in that situation I think--but I hope you recover sufficiently to be able to enjoy at least a few guilty pleasures, however sparingly, in the future.

Lol. Yes. I had it to lose. I am now in the healthy weight range for my age and height. I won't deny myself anything if I want to have it. I just have to make sure I don't have it every day like I was. It's all about portion control and choices.

Already have the movers scheduled to get a moving bid tomorrow morning, have the real estate agent in El Paso sending us listings again and after being down there and looking around we know which areas to avoid. Will have to set a stop date on the utilities and see about moving our Comcast service to El Paso.
We already gave our months notice on this place (with the caveat to extend or cancel) so I just notified our landlord the move is a go.
Considering hauling her car down on a car trailer hooked to the back of my truck.

Well the positive vibes I'm sending you are for a trouble free move--at least as trouble free as a move can be--we've done it two dozen times now and every one has sucked--and that your new life is even better than you are hoping for.

Lol. Yes. I had it to lose. I am now in the healthy weight range for my age and height. I won't deny myself anything if I want to have it. I just have to make sure I don't have it every day like I was. It's all about portion control and choices.

Yup. It's just like GW expressed--our bodies tolerate some things better than others and we aren't all the same in that regard. And I can't speak for anybody else, but for me there are some guilty pleasures I just don't indulge in at all because I have no will power at all. I won't limit myself to a sip or two or a bite or two. If I start I'll have the whooooooole thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Oh and the Coffee Shop is a pretty good singles bar too. We have a nice mix of married folks and singles here, and we are an extremely eclectic group. We have so many eligible bachelors and bachelorettes, I would feel right at home here if I was single. (And a lot younger.)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Saw that Tom Cruise has his Colorado place up for sale because 'he doesn't use it much any more'. I would guess it probably comes fully furnished and we can buy it as is for a modest $59 million. Maybe we should move the Coffee Shop here?

1.png

5.png

ranch.jpg

20110307_123552_aglist.jpg

Tom-Cruise-house-6.jpg

I would live there! :D

Okay boys and girls. Here is today's math quiz--you're supposed to do it in your head first and then check yourself with pencil and paper.

10380294_10152429679154254_8611201138241299408_n.jpg

Forum List

Back