USMB Coffee Shop IV

It seems like sugar is in most everything you buy today, and sugar is very addictive and bad for us, in high amounts. I DO like me my salt, though. Since I diet and exercise, the small amount of food I consume is not unhealthy for me, according to a doctor. He said you don't eat enough food to worry about your salt intake. :D
That's one thing I've been struggling with, babe, is portion control. I've always ate ample sized meals, but I could burn it off when I was younger. I know I need to do this. I wish I had someone else around to portion it out and tell me, "that's all you need, eat that and shut up," ... :D
Make a fist, that's one portion. If ya want seconds eat more veggies...... (yeah I struggle with that one also....... :D )

My stomach is still in an uproar. Near as I can figure is it must be the walmart deli Old Fashioned Loaf sandwich meat, figuring back 9 hours for digestion, and my stomach was fine before that. Guess I won't buy that again, even though I really like it.
it takes a while for your system to acclimate itself to donkey meat.

That donkey meat was in China only and not here in the U.S.A.

My stomach is still in an uproar. Near as I can figure is it must be the walmart deli Old Fashioned Loaf sandwich meat, figuring back 9 hours for digestion, and my stomach was fine before that. Guess I won't buy that again, even though I really like it.
Donkey tastes pretty good.

I have had Rattle Snake and it tastes pretty good too if it's cooked right. :)

That donkey meat was in China only and not here in the U.S.A.
I'm not so sure. The pork I bought tasted odd, I couldn't eat it. But who knows what they feed pigs over there. And the chicken got fed to the dogs for the same reason. No more Wally World meat for me!

Morning :biggrin:

z-102.jpg

z-132.jpg

If we all use adblocker, and USMB needs ad revenue to continue, how does this end?

I resign myself to being more patient when I can.

Probably should consider why I use a political message board like its Facebook.

If we all use adblocker, and USMB needs ad revenue to continue, how does this end?

I resign myself to being more patient when I can.

Probably should consider why I use a political message board like its Facebook.

It's not based on sales, it's based on ad space.
Companies pay the board to advertise for the use of space, not how much sales the ad gets.
Using adblocker will not take away the money that USMB gets to rent space.

Peppermint, spearmint or ginger...or even a banana help an upset stomach.
Is it the first time in the Coffee Shop for you Diana? I'll leave it to Foxy to check and get your complimentary hot beverage.

Unfortunately I hate peppermint, do like spearmint and ginger but have none of either in the house, as well as no bananas. I usually cure an upset stomach with a few oxycodones and lots of fluid, which is what I plan to do.

Be careful using oxys as a remedy for stomach issues. They can actually cause stomach issues themselves, if I remember correctly. So while they might relieve pain short term, they also might cause more issues later which push you into taking more.

Good afternoon everybody. We're just a tick past noon here and like Ernie I didn't have a good night of staying asleep. So when I did finally get into a good sleep this morning I took advantage of it. Got up a quarter past 11. Haven't stayed in bed that long in I don't know when but I do feel better. Have I mentioned lately that I hate daylight savings time?

Hope 007 is feeling better. Pizza is one of my favorite things and I prefer my own homemade pizza to pizzaria pizza and certainly to frozen pizza that you thaw and bake. But I'll eat any of it in a pinch. I love olives, black and green, and I'll eat them on a pizza but I don't order them on a pizzaria pizza or put them on my homemade pizza. I prefer olives all by themselves as a side.

Hump day again and a beautiful day here--mid 50's going up to mid 60's today and probably the rest of the week. Ya'll all have a good one.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hmm must be some posts in there somewhere that got deleted? Oh well. I'm getting too old to worry about being confused. I need to figure out something for Hombre and me to have for a late lunch/early dinner. . .

Saw that Tom Cruise has his Colorado place up for sale because 'he doesn't use it much any more'. I would guess it probably comes fully furnished and we can buy it as is for a modest $59 million. Maybe we should move the Coffee Shop here?

1.png

5.png

ranch.jpg

20110307_123552_aglist.jpg

Tom-Cruise-house-6.jpg

Again I didn't sleep well last night but I'm pretty sure I at minimum have a cold. Developed a deep bronchial cough yesterday and a light fever, went to bed a 11pm but was up by 3:30 again. Just woke up from a 2 1/2 hour nap, still feel terrible.
Of course I'm not awake yet and the wife finally gets the phone call from EL Paso and I have to get the ball rolling, they're meeting her salary asking price and she has to be down there by the 26th (employment physical and orientation) to actually start on the 30th.

I love Italian food, but I hate olives. Is that weird? :D I just pick the olives out if something comes with olives, and when I make Italian dishes at home, I leave out the olives. Olives . . . yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I had a cat once that loved olives though. :lol:
I like the both. I always keep the small cans of sliced black olives on hand for pizza and other things, and a big jar of green olives to snack on. I'll just pop that out of the fridge and eat a dozen or so for a snack. Love olives... they're really good for you too.
Olives are loaded with calories and fat. I love all kinds of olives but when I started paying attention to nutritional content, I was shocked at how many calories one olive has.

Again I didn't sleep well last night but I'm pretty sure I at minimum have a cold. Developed a deep bronchial cough yesterday and a light fever, went to bed a 11pm but was up by 3:30 again. Just woke up from a 2 1/2 hour nap, still feel terrible.
Of course I'm not awake yet and the wife finally gets the phone call from EL Paso and I have to get the ball rolling, they're meeting her salary asking price and she has to be down there by the 26th (employment physical and orientation) to actually start on the 30th.
Good luck to both of you.

Forum List

Back