USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm going to make me a MAG pizza with sausage, pepperoni, onions, green pepper, mushrooms, black olives and an extra pound of mozzarella cheese...

... ANYBODY WANT A SLICE?

I do but no olives or mushrooms, and red peppers instead of green. :D
Aaaahh... well... I think you're going to have to make your own... :lol:

Hey, what kind of pizza man are you? :lol:

Finding it a real struggle to post lately. I really can't modify my work computer as we receive leads and other correspondence that a blocking program may effect. As a result the computer is so slow it takes ten minutes or more to post. Thanks ads, you are really helpful. More duties at work since the boss became a state representative. Trivia Crack is awesome as well.

Have you tried the ad blocker yet?

I love Italian food, but I hate olives. Is that weird? :D I just pick the olives out if something comes with olives, and when I make Italian dishes at home, I leave out the olives. Olives . . . yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I had a cat once that loved olives though. :lol:

You are really missing out on worth while treatment. I was all anti chiropractor back in 72 when I first messed up my back. I went to several orthopedists that either wanted to shock me silly or cut.
After close to a year of not being able to turn in my seat to back up a car, a friend convinced me to see a chiropractor. 2 weeks later I was good to go.
It does come back and I have some degree of pain nearly all the time, but if I pop that sucker out, I head for the Chiro, not the surgeon.
Another thing you might try is inversion therapy.
Even hanging from a bar by your knees can be helpful. Less likely, but worth a shot is to grip a chin up bar, pull yourself up and then dead drop while keeping your grip.
And that is the story I hear from virtually every person that uses a chiropractor.
People that see a real medical doctor usually stop returning for the same back injury.
I got nowhere with MD's. Chiropractors helped me. Your mileage may vary.

I love Italian food, but I hate olives. Is that weird? :D I just pick the olives out if something comes with olives, and when I make Italian dishes at home, I leave out the olives. Olives . . . yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

The little one likes black olives, but not green. I don't like any of them.

And hey! My father's side of the family is Italian, but I hate Italian food. :lol:

Finding it a real struggle to post lately. I really can't modify my work computer as we receive leads and other correspondence that a blocking program may effect. As a result the computer is so slow it takes ten minutes or more to post. Thanks ads, you are really helpful. More duties at work since the boss became a state representative. Trivia Crack is awesome as well.

Well, you're a missed person when you don't show up. So hope you can solve the problem soon. USMB doesn't like my computer all that much lately either, and I'm having to figure out ways to work around the problem. I think it must be the software though because I'm not having any problems anywhere else. Just some configuration on my computer that doesn't play well with it.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, mdk, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I'm going to make me a MAG pizza with sausage, pepperoni, onions, green pepper, mushrooms, black olives and an extra pound of mozzarella cheese...

... ANYBODY WANT A SLICE?

I do but no olives or mushrooms, and red peppers instead of green. :D
Aaaahh... well... I think you're going to have to make your own... :lol:

Hey, what kind of pizza man are you? :lol:
Ya know, if I had ever opened any sort of a restaurant, it would have been a pizza parlor. I do love a good pie.

I like the both. I always keep the small cans of sliced black olives on hand for pizza and other things, and a big jar of green olives to snack on. I'll just pop that out of the fridge and eat a dozen or so for a snack. Love olives... they're really good for you too.

Yup, here I am, up in the middle of the night with a massively upset stomach. Ate something that didn't agree with me... o_O

You are really missing out on worth while treatment. I was all anti chiropractor back in 72 when I first messed up my back. I went to several orthopedists that either wanted to shock me silly or cut.
After close to a year of not being able to turn in my seat to back up a car, a friend convinced me to see a chiropractor. 2 weeks later I was good to go.
It does come back and I have some degree of pain nearly all the time, but if I pop that sucker out, I head for the Chiro, not the surgeon.
Another thing you might try is inversion therapy.
Even hanging from a bar by your knees can be helpful. Less likely, but worth a shot is to grip a chin up bar, pull yourself up and then dead drop while keeping your grip.
And that is the story I hear from virtually every person that uses a chiropractor.
People that see a real medical doctor usually stop returning for the same back injury.
I use an Invertaline, upside down hanging device and it helps keep my back in shape because I am still rough on it. I've never been to a chiropractor but some people swear by them.

However, not all back surgery is good either. It is being way over sold and a lot of people end up worse or no better than they were after undergoing painful expensive operations from which there is no return. Some people need it but it's a booming industry and making many orthopaedists filthy rich.

My neighbor ranted about how good it was going to be once he got it done, sang praises about the doctor. Now he can't even operate his riding mower anymore.

Yup, here I am, up in the middle of the night with a massively upset stomach. Ate something that didn't agree with me... o_O

Too many olives? :lol:
Probably just the opposite... I hadn't eaten any yesterday. They say "anything green" is a natural antacid and can calm the stomach. Thankfully I like green veggies, especially spinach and asparagus.

My stomach is still in an uproar. Near as I can figure is it must be the walmart deli Old Fashioned Loaf sandwich meat, figuring back 9 hours for digestion, and my stomach was fine before that. Guess I won't buy that again, even though I really like it.

Last edited:
Love olives but I rarely buy them, the ones I like are expensive....... and loaded with sodium.
I get the big jars of Lindsay, Spanish Manzanilla Olives, Pamiento Stuffed to munch on. It says "Sodium, 240mg" on the label. Don't really care if that's a lot or a little. I'll eat 'em any. I'm tired of hearing that first eggs are bad for you, no, now they're good. Too much coffee is bad for you, no, now that is good for you too, and cholesterol, well those numbers don't mean anything anymore either. Ya know way back when people never gave any thought as to whether or not something they ate was bad for them, they just ate, oddly enough, they lived to be some old people. They weren't near as fat as we are nowadays either. I think the secret to good health isn't in what you eat, it's in do you get enough exercise.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Forum List

Back