USMB Coffee Shop IV

Peppermint, spearmint or ginger...or even a banana help an upset stomach.
Is it the first time in the Coffee Shop for you Diana? I'll leave it to Foxy to check and get your complimentary hot beverage.

Unfortunately I hate peppermint, do like spearmint and ginger but have none of either in the house, as well as no bananas. I usually cure an upset stomach with a few oxycodones and lots of fluid, which is what I plan to do.

007..no, not the first time...I took a hiatus for a few months due to being in the hospital. I have returned like a bad penny lol.

Oxy cures most ailments lol..just be careful ;-)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Love olives but I rarely buy them, the ones I like are expensive....... and loaded with sodium.
I get the big jars of Lindsay, Spanish Manzanilla Olives, Pamiento Stuffed to munch on. It says "Sodium, 240mg" on the label. Don't really care if that's a lot or a little. I'll eat 'em any. I'm tired of hearing that first eggs are bad for you, no, now they're good. Too much coffee is bad for you, no, now that is good for you too, and cholesterol, well those numbers don't mean anything anymore either. Ya know way back when people never gave any thought as to whether or not something they ate was bad for them, they just ate, oddly enough, they lived to be some old people. They weren't near as fat as we are nowadays either. I think the secret to good health isn't in what you eat, it's in do you get enough exercise.
That's the rub. Most people worked hard, walked almost everywhere, didn't eat even close to the portions we eat today, etc. Some of us can't exercise like we used to so we have to compensate by reducing the amount we eat and being more selective with what we eat.
That doesn't mean our ancestors didn't have their dietary problems and that some of those eating habits/types of food didn't kill them or at least cause them to be sick. Heck the primary diet in the south during the 1800s was meat, meal and molasses, scurvy was rampant. Most meats and fish were salt cured but people ate a lot less meat back then.
My mom was a Yooper which meant she heavily salted everything she made then we would add salt at the table........ We don't do that any more.

007..no, not the first time...I took a hiatus for a few months due to being in the hospital. I have returned like a bad penny lol.

Well then, I hope you're enjoying a full recovery from whatever it was the ailed you.

I've had a prescription to oxy for a good 10 years or better now from the V.A. I don't take it very often, maybe once a week. I know it's very habit forming, but since it works so well on pain for me, the last thing I want to do is get hooked on it and have the V.A. take it away so I take it very sparingly.

Last edited:
It seems like sugar is in most everything you buy today, and sugar is very addictive and bad for us, in high amounts. I DO like me my salt, though. Since I diet and exercise, the small amount of food I consume is not unhealthy for me, according to a doctor. He said you don't eat enough food to worry about your salt intake. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well then, I hope you're enjoying a full recovery from whatever it was the ailed you.

I've had a prescription to oxy for a good 10 years or better now from the V.A. I don't take it very often, maybe once a week. I know it's very habit forming, but since it works so well on pain for me, the last thing I want to do is get hooked on it and have the V.A. take it away.

I am doing much better thank you :)

I have been on dilaudid (IV) for the past 4 months... after I got home they made me go cold turkey off that stuff. The withdrawls were horrendous..but I now comepletely understand the need for them.

I've had a prescription to oxy for a good 10 years or better now from the V.A. I don't take it very often, maybe once a week. I know it's very habit forming, but since it works so well on pain for me, the last thing I want to do is get hooked on it and have the V.A. take it away.

I hope you feel better soon, 7, and am happy you are aware of the complications of oxy and use sparingly.

I have been on dilaudid (IV) for the past 4 months... after I got home they made me go cold turkey off that stuff. The withdrawls were horrendous..but I now comepletely understand the need for them.

It's good to see you back cher, Diana. :D

Kind of surprising they'd cut you off that cold turkey. That can be dangerous to say the least.

Love olives but I rarely buy them, the ones I like are expensive....... and loaded with sodium.
I get the big jars of Lindsay, Spanish Manzanilla Olives, Pamiento Stuffed to munch on. It says "Sodium, 240mg" on the label. Don't really care if that's a lot or a little. I'll eat 'em any. I'm tired of hearing that first eggs are bad for you, no, now they're good. Too much coffee is bad for you, no, now that is good for you too, and cholesterol, well those numbers don't mean anything anymore either. Ya know way back when people never gave any thought as to whether or not something they ate was bad for them, they just ate, oddly enough, they lived to be some old people. They weren't near as fat as we are nowadays either. I think the secret to good health isn't in what you eat, it's in do you get enough exercise.

And the amounts of food one eats. You just can't eat more calories than you expend. To do so, puts too much weight on one and high on the risk factors for heart disease, diabetes, strokes and cancer.

It seems like sugar is in most everything you buy today, and sugar is very addictive and bad for us, in high amounts. I DO like me my salt, though. Since I diet and exercise, the small amount of food I consume is not unhealthy for me, according to a doctor. He said you don't eat enough food to worry about your salt intake. :D
That's one thing I've been struggling with, babe, is portion control. I've always ate ample sized meals, but I could burn it off when I was younger. I know I need to do this. I wish I had someone else around to portion it out and tell me, "that's all you need, eat that and shut up," ... :D

Thats what my mother said. They had given me a few pills to bring home so she had me cut them up and take a bit each day till I could get off it.

I was having the twitches...that stuff is hard core.

Thank you Aqua! Its good to be back lol.

Good deal, sweetie. I haven't seen the Singles Bar ( wasn't that the name of it? ) since USMB switched over to the new format a little over six months ago. lol. It was fun to play in there, even though I am single, I do have a friend with whom we share a commitment, while living a few hours apart. I love this arrangement. :D

I was looking for the Singles bar when I cam back!

Sometimes just having a "friend" is the best situation to have lol. You have an understanding..and you get time with someone. I am still single also. But then again the past few months I havent had time to do much of anything..but man did that hospital have some nice looking surgical residents!

Too bad I looked like ass (not that I cared at the time) lol.

That's one thing I've been struggling with, babe, is portion control. I've always ate ample sized meals, but I could burn it off when I was younger. I know I need to do this. I wish I had someone else around to portion it out and tell me, "that's all you need, eat that and shut up," ... :D

Well it IS hard to do until one decreases their appetite, over time and with practice. I hear people say all the time, I have been struggling with my weight when they should take responsibility for it and say the truth: I have been struggling with overeating for years. :thup:

I was looking for the Singles bar when I cam back!

Sometimes just having a "friend" is the best situation to have lol. You have an understanding..and you get time with someone. I am still single also. But then again the past few months I havent had time to do much of anything..but man did that hospital have some nice looking surgical residents!

Too bad I looked like ass (not that I cared at the time) lol.

:rofl:

My stomach is still in an uproar. Near as I can figure is it must be the walmart deli Old Fashioned Loaf sandwich meat, figuring back 9 hours for digestion, and my stomach was fine before that. Guess I won't buy that again, even though I really like it.
it takes a while for your system to acclimate itself to donkey meat.

Well it IS hard to do until one decreases their appetite, over time and with practice. I hear people say all the time, I have been struggling with my weight when they should take responsibility for it and say the truth: I have been struggling with overeating for years. :thup:
The thing a lot of people don't realize is the stomach grows and shrinks depending on what we stuff into it. If you eat a lot your stomach expands to accommodate it and it takes more the next time to feel full. Cutting back or fasting for a bit shrinks it and it takes less to feel full.

My stomach is still in an uproar. Near as I can figure is it must be the walmart deli Old Fashioned Loaf sandwich meat, figuring back 9 hours for digestion, and my stomach was fine before that. Guess I won't buy that again, even though I really like it.
it takes a while for your system to acclimate itself to donkey meat.
Donkey tastes pretty good.

Forum List

Back