USMB Coffee Shop IV

Is this a site glitch? I see no images at all in this post, yet when I hit the quote button the links are there and they do work in another tab...

I've noticed sometimes images just don't show up here, seemingly at random... :dunno:

It's happened to me now and then. Strange.

Is anyone else getting a blank page up there though? The code says there are three images, none show up, neither in the original nor in the quote. Unless they're pictures of a polar bear sitting on an iceberg eating marshmallows in a snowstorm...

I'm just wondering if this is on my end, either browser or AdBlock - ?

[edit] - I just got the same thing in the tavern.

i see the pics here. i couldn't see them in his original post

In most cases the company you're switching over to will cover your early termination fee.
What I would do is lie...... Tell the new company you didn't know there was an early termination fee and to avoid it you're going to have to go back to the old company. Tell them you hate the idea because you really like the new service but you can't afford the $175........
Even if you get a credit on your bill for half........ :D

Oh and I'm on my second pot of coffee, via a central IV line........

I don't do well when it comes to telling lies... I can afford to pay the $175.00 although I think paying it stinks. I'm very happy with the new internet service. I'll just scratch it off as one of those goofy things you encounter in life.

You've been with the same company for years and they're charging you "early termination"? That doesn't make sense. Most contracts are for 1 or 2 years...:eek:

I had been using one of those jet packs to obtain internet service because I live way out in the boonies and had been using one for about 8 years. 19 days ago, I went into their office for an up-grade and the new 2 year contract began. However, it worked badly for me and I didn't go in to end the contract until 4 days after the 14 day grace period to do so. It isn't their fault. It's mine. I over lapped the 14 day ability to stop the contract. I simply got too busy to do so and kept putting it off. My bad.

Good morning everybody. I could see the photos both places??? So don't think it is a site glitch. We use Comcast/Xfinity for highspeed internet (plus phone and HDTV cable) and they recently reduced our fees $50/month when we complained their fees were getting too high. We were pleased because that puts them down in the same range with the crappy services around here. We are blessed with having a lot of different options though and competition is a very good thing when it comes to stuff like that.

Today is Senior Saints Day--the youth at the church are treating us 'old folks' to hotdogs and hamburgers and will entertain us as well. Of course we have to provide all the sides and desserts but that's okay. It's a tradition every June and always great fun. But I hit the deck running and will have to be scarce for awhile. So I'll leave ya'll all with a Mama Fox ((hug)) and wishes for a great day.

Morning !

19f6dbb3bef552a1225bf07438cd9052.jpg

I am officially the most baffling thing in the family.
I was reading a book while I was waiting for some family members to show up for a get-together. My grandma walked in and saw me reading, so she asked what it was. I held it up and replied, "The US Army/ Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual." She asked what it was about, and I said how to deal with insurgency. Of course, no one understood that word. So I went back to my room, put it away, grabbed my Kindle, and went back out. I turned that on and started reading. My aunt and uncle walked over and asked what I was reading. I replied, "The Art of War by Sun Tzu." After that, my family said they didn't understand me at all.
Is reading those type of books really unusual?

Nope! You read what interests you. What others think about your taste in books is completely irrelevant. Sun Tzu was a military genius and a lot of what he taught applies to more than just war.

I've started to look to it for advice on how to get this girl to go out with me. So yes, I'd have to agree.

A narcissistic 60 year old.

CR says that he is 15. :) Not unusual to be self absorbed at that age. That he is reading puts him ahead of his peers in my opinion. But then I am biased because I am a library trustee. :D

We disagree, Deri. 15 yr. olds are more insecure than anything. I never believe anyone younger than say their 30s would be interested in this bunch, and by bunch, I am including myself.

You think I'm 30+ years old pretending to be 15 when posting in a political forum?
Why? It makes no logical sense.

Good morning everybody. I could see the photos both places??? So don't think it is a site glitch. We use Comcast/Xfinity for highspeed internet (plus phone and HDTV cable) and they recently reduced our fees $50/month when we complained their fees were getting too high. We were pleased because that puts them down in the same range with the crappy services around here. We are blessed with having a lot of different options though and competition is a very good thing when it comes to stuff like that.

Today is Senior Saints Day--the youth at the church are treating us 'old folks' to hotdogs and hamburgers and will entertain us as well. Of course we have to provide all the sides and desserts but that's okay. It's a tradition every June and always great fun. But I hit the deck running and will have to be scarce for awhile. So I'll leave ya'll all with a Mama Fox ((hug)) and wishes for a great day.
Hamburgers and hot dogs? Senior Saints Day sounds like a holiday right up my alley!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zwV2VM54CYA]Toby Keith - You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This - YouTube[/ame]

Ladies - time for some Toby.

Life is overrated. :lol:

Seriously though, is it wrong to enjoy reading stuff like that?

At 15? Yes.....You have years to read that kind of stuff, get out and find yourself a hobby, chase girls, learn to dance...anything......

Do stuff other than Boy Scouts, Marching Band, trading card games and tournaments, and chase a girl?

Learn to dance........My Brother and I were never without a weekend date back in HS. The reason? We weren't afraid to get up and dance.... I don't know if it's the same way now but used to go to a dance and see 5 girls dancing together and their so called boyfriends standing off to the side. My brother and I would just walk up to them and start dancing. As i said we were never without a date when we wanted one. And i never considered myself any great prize......

CR says that he is 15. :) Not unusual to be self absorbed at that age. That he is reading puts him ahead of his peers in my opinion. But then I am biased because I am a library trustee. :D

We disagree, Deri. 15 yr. olds are more insecure than anything. I never believe anyone younger than say their 30s would be interested in this bunch, and by bunch, I am including myself.

You think I'm 30+ years old pretending to be 15 when posting in a political forum?

Truth is it doesn't have to make sense. It's the internet, you can be anything your heart desires......

At 15? Yes.....You have years to read that kind of stuff, get out and find yourself a hobby, chase girls, learn to dance...anything......

Do stuff other than Boy Scouts, Marching Band, trading card games and tournaments, and chase a girl?

Learn to dance........My Brother and I were never without a weekend date back in HS. The reason? We weren't afraid to get up and dance.... I don't know if it's the same way now but used to go to a dance and see 5 girls dancing together and their so called boyfriends standing off to the side. My brother and I would just walk up to them and start dancing. As i said we were never without a date when we wanted one. And i never considered myself any great prize......

I prefer to run with the crowd that shuns dances or laughs at those that do go.

Truth is it doesn't have to make sense. It's the internet, you can be anything your heart desires......

Awesome!

Let us see here, I'm actually a trillionaire that owns a chain of tropical islands in the Caribbean.:lol:

Don't worry about the skeptics. You left yourself open to some of that when you misrepresented your age when you first came to the Coffee Shop and that leaves more room to speculate that you might not be truthful about that now. I myself will choose to believe you now unless you give me some reason not to.

I just spent a lovely couple of hours with young people ages 12 through 16 or 17 and you sound pretty much no different than they do--a wide variety of interests, exploring what is right and righteous, figuring out how to fit into a complicated world, a whole lot more smart and savvy than most adults give you credit for, dealing with those who are sure you are doing it all wrong, yadda yadda.

But Ollie is right. Don't knock dancing. It's great exercise, it is great fun, and it does make you more attractive and interesting to the ladies.

Don't worry about the skeptics. You left yourself open to some of that when you misrepresented your age when you first came to the Coffee Shop and that leaves more room to speculate that you might not be truthful about that now. I myself will choose to believe you now unless you give me some reason not to.

I just spent a lovely couple of hours with young people ages 12 through 16 or 17 and you sound pretty much no different than they do--a wide variety of interests, exploring what is right and righteous, figuring out how to fit into a complicated world, a whole lot more smart and savvy than most adults give you credit for, dealing with those who are sure you are doing it all wrong, yadda yadda.

But Ollie is right. Don't knock dancing. It's great exercise, it is great fun, and it does make you more attractive and interesting to the ladies.

About misrepresenting my age, pretty much everything I said about my "nephew" or about being an adult leader in something, I was actually talking about myself or giving myself an excuse to be involved with a particular group- like Boy Scouts, for instance.

Thank you for believing me, also.

And as to dancing, what if the girl I like hates dancing?

Forum List

Back