USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wow!

d615772f27be30f88b073f78aeaa8835.jpg

Today is National Iced Tea Day. It is my preferred drink in the hot summer months (when alcoholic beverages are not an option).

006.jpg

I bet that would also go well with the leftovers from yesterday's Spaghetti Bolognese!!

Unfortunately, the Tiramisu is all gone....:eusa_whistle:
Iced Tea goes great with any food, in my opinion. Tiramisu would have been great with breakfast, goes well with espresso coffee.

You're quite fortunate, Stat. I hear in Germany you can have alcoholic beverages with lunch while at work. In fact some cafeterias have beer on tap for it's employees. I can tell you that if they did that where I work, no one would have lunch, everyone would be lining up solely for the beer.

There is a kind of extremely light beer here called Kölsch, that a lot of people like to drink and yes, some to drink alcohol with their lunches at the workplace, main thing is that it doesn't impair their ability to do their job. In 17 years, I have never seen a colleague of mine ever get drunk at lunch, not even once.

Oh, and I don't drink beer.

Good morning. Getting ready for my second cup of coffee this morning. A bit overcast here today. Rain likely. Mrs. BBD will be down at the church quilting with the ladies for most of the day. I need to do some routine housekeeping with my computer this morning. Won't take long. No big plans for me today. I very recently changed internet service providers. The company I had used for years suddenly was not working well for me and I changed. New internet service is much better. However, the down side is I had to pay a $175.00 early termination fee. That stinks. Phone company contracts for internet service is a rip off. Somebody should do something about it... Paying the $175.00 won't kill me but it just makes my blood boil because they can get away with crap like this.

Good morning. Getting ready for my second cup of coffee this morning. A bit overcast here today. Rain likely. Mrs. BBD will be down at the church quilting with the ladies for most of the day. I need to do some routine housekeeping with my computer this morning. Won't take long. No big plans for me today. I very recently changed internet service providers. The company I had used for years suddenly was not working well for me and I changed. New internet service is much better. However, the down side is I had to pay a $175.00 early termination fee. That stinks. Phone company contracts for internet service is a rip off. Somebody should do something about it... Paying the $175.00 won't kill me but it just makes my blood boil because they can get away with crap like this.

In most cases the company you're switching over to will cover your early termination fee.
What I would do is lie...... Tell the new company you didn't know there was an early termination fee and to avoid it you're going to have to go back to the old company. Tell them you hate the idea because you really like the new service but you can't afford the $175........
Even if you get a credit on your bill for half........ :D

Oh and I'm on my second pot of coffee, via a central IV line........

In most cases the company you're switching over to will cover your early termination fee.
What I would do is lie...... Tell the new company you didn't know there was an early termination fee and to avoid it you're going to have to go back to the old company. Tell them you hate the idea because you really like the new service but you can't afford the $175........

I don't do well when it comes to telling lies... I can afford to pay the $175.00 although I think paying it stinks. I'm very happy with the new internet service. I'll just scratch it off as one of those goofy things you encounter in life.

I don't do well when it comes to telling lies... I can afford to pay the $175.00 although I think paying it stinks. I'm very happy with the new internet service. I'll just scratch it off as one of those goofy things you encounter in life.

Okay, I get that you can afford it but if you don't have to why do it? Go to the office, don't call the customer service people, and ask if they'll cover the early termination fee with a credit. All they can say is yes, no or maybe. :thup:

That's how I feel. ^^

Your old ISP wasn't Charter was it? Yesterday, for the first time in my 15 years of being with them, their WEB EMAIL went down and I was having multiples of PMs from this site flooding in by the hundreds. Mentioned it to cereal_killer who traced it back to my ISP, Charter, and sure enough, their Web email was down. They took my number and were supposed to call me when the massive problem was corrected but I didn't really expect them too, and they haven't. Meanwhile CK had blocked PMs from leaving here and only regular email was getting through, in singles.

What a relief. Not having to sit here and delete copies of the same PMs for hours. How do you spell R-E-L-I-E-F? C-e-r-e-a-l_k-i-l-l-e-r. :clap2:

You've been with the same company for years and they're charging you "early termination"? That doesn't make sense. Most contracts are for 1 or 2 years...:eek:

You've been with the same company for years and they're charging you "early termination"? That doesn't make sense. Most contracts are for 1 or 2 years...:eek:

Dollars and cents, to be exact.....:evil:

When it comes to rip off bs fees I can lie like a rug :D After all, they lied first so I figure play by their rules. I would do like Ringle, works every time

When it comes to rip off bs fees I can lie like a rug :D After all, they lied first so I figure play by their rules. I would do like Ringle, works every time

If it wasn't disclosed in their contract, I would lie, too. :badgrin:

I waited diligently for my DSL contract to run out, it did, and they're STILL trying to charge me a termination fee. Same company that solicited the contract, set it up, and on the installation day nobody showed up and they had no record of it so we had to start over. Same company that set up an automatic bank draft without my knowledge. I still have a phone line but I'd like to jettison them altogether. I'm thinking Magic Jack, just to be done with it.

The company is Frontier, sadly the only phone game in town. A not ready for prime time operation. And the internet service sucked too.

I know, but the rep never disclosed that to me....wink wink, not really a lie at all.

I know, but the rep never disclosed that to me....wink wink, not really a lie at all.

Is there a fee for early cancellation of your product,/service,
is one of my first questions. I do prefer to get things in writing when I can...

And today's coffee funnies:

68d18315431f7452b4666ea57448968d.jpg

d0661b3e42bf35311f8861097720cf2c.jpg

3769284256eab36add787e64586879c8.jpg

:D

Is this a site glitch? I see no images at all in this post, yet when I hit the quote button the links are there and they do work in another tab...

I've noticed sometimes images just don't show up here, seemingly at random... :dunno:

It's happened to me now and then. Strange.

Is anyone else getting a blank page up there though? The code says there are three images, none show up, neither in the original nor in the quote. Unless they're pictures of a polar bear sitting on an iceberg eating marshmallows in a snowstorm...

I'm just wondering if this is on my end, either browser or AdBlock - ?

[edit] - I just got the same thing in the tavern.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back