USMB Coffee Shop IV

Obiwan Kinobe (sp) Star Wars

Okay, I see that now in the first line. (I didn't recognize that object as a wand.)

But the second line?

And hi Duck. Good to see that you stopped in. :)

Edit: Never mind, I now see you did the second line too, so now I've got it. Well done.

Oh, and so we don't let this go by unnoted:

ve2.jpg

The new Doc Holliday's tee-shirts are in. I priced them at $18 for S, M, L and XL and $20 for XXL and XXXL
I have them in turquoise, royal blue and black. I also have 4 size Large in charcoal.View attachment 40959

They're beautiful Ernie. Kudos. Love the color and love the design. And hope you get your computer fixed. I need to get my laptop into the shop--it is doing some really wierd things--but don't want to spend the money and don't want to give up the laptop. Problems problems.

My husband had to take his computer in yesterday for the same reason Foxfyre
Something must be going on with nasty malware and viruses.

Mine has been doing it for a long time now so I don't think it is a virus. But there is a virus out there that we should all be aware of. I'll steal the info from another site that recently reported it with thanks to them:

1. New fast-spreading virus destroys PCs

There's dangerous new malware out there called Rombertik that could steal your personal information and destroy your PC. If you try to get rid of it, the malware could trap your computer in an endless reboot cycle.
    Rombertik usually infects computers using a malicious file attached to a phishing email. In some cases, this email is designed to look like a message from Microsoft. The malware can steal login credentials and other information you enter into websites.
    Rombertik also checks to see if it's being analyzed or if other programs are trying to delete it. If it detects this kind of activity, it will try to delete a file called the Master Boot Record (MBR). This can cause your computer to go into an endless restart cycle when it is turned off and turned back on. The malware also has some other tricks up its sleeve.
    http://www.komando.com/happening-now...ampaign=buffer

Oh My God ! And I am now relying on Microsoft security essentials instead of Norton. I baulked at renewing Norton because they wanted £69 and Microsoft security is free. I hope it works.

The new Doc Holliday's tee-shirts are in. I priced them at $18 for S, M, L and XL and $20 for XXL and XXXL
I have them in turquoise, royal blue and black. I also have 4 size Large in charcoal.View attachment 40959

They're beautiful Ernie. Kudos. Love the color and love the design. And hope you get your computer fixed. I need to get my laptop into the shop--it is doing some really wierd things--but don't want to spend the money and don't want to give up the laptop. Problems problems.

Mine has been doing it for a long time now so I don't think it is a virus. But there is a virus out there that we should all be aware of. I'll steal the info from another site that recently reported it with thanks to them:

There's dangerous new malware out there called Rombertik that could steal your personal information and destroy your PC. If you try to get rid of it, the malware could trap your computer in an endless reboot cycle.
    Rombertik usually infects computers using a malicious file attached to a phishing email. In some cases, this email is designed to look like a message from Microsoft. The malware can steal login credentials and other information you enter into websites.
    Rombertik also checks to see if it's being analyzed or if other programs are trying to delete it. If it detects this kind of activity, it will try to delete a file called the Master Boot Record (MBR). This can cause your computer to go into an endless restart cycle when it is turned off and turned back on. The malware also has some other tricks up its sleeve.

Oh My God ! And I am now relying on Microsoft security essentials instead of Norton. I baulked at renewing Norton because they wanted £69 and Microsoft security is free. I hope it works.

I think most virus programs probably update to intercept a virus that bad and that well publicized.

ve2.jpg

All the political leaders went to the cenotaph to lay wreaths today. I don't know how they found the time because they have all been up all night because of the general election. The conservatives have won again.

ve2.jpg

All the political leaders went to the cenotaph to lay wreaths today. I don't know how they found the time because they have all been up all night because of the general election. The conservatives have won again.

We all usually find the time to do what is important to us. Without getting into the pros and cons of it, I hope you are happy with the election. It has long said that there will always be an England. And I for one want that to remain true.

I wouldn't rely on Microsoft Security Essentials, their record is not considered all that good.
Avast is free and better than Norton.
Avast Download Free Antivirus Software

How can we get one?
Do we have to travel to the bar or can we order them online?
Let me get with my website people and see if we can set it up.

I wouldn't rely on Microsoft Security Essentials, their record is not considered all that good.
I got the POS at Doc's up and running. 2 hours on the phone with tech support and the guy ran out of ideas. He asked about anti virus and I said that the machine runs McAffee, he gave me their tech support number and said that as far as he could see, the AV was blocking a connection to the SQL server in the office.
So, I call McAffee and she tells me that first, we will have to confirm the AV is the culprit. I turn off McAffee and the system runs perfectly. I explain that the internet went down about the same time as I started having problems. She said that the program updates automatically and there's a chance I had lost internet at the least favored moment. I restarted McAffee and we're good to go.

2 hours and 15 minutes all told on the phone, 99 dollars to renew my service agreement, and it was just that simple.

I got the POS at Doc's up and running. 2 hours on the phone with tech support and the guy ran out of ideas. He asked about anti virus and I said that the machine runs McAffee, he gave me their tech support number and said that as far as he could see, the AV was blocking a connection to the SQL server in the office.
So, I call McAffee and she tells me that first, we will have to confirm the AV is the culprit. I turn off McAffee and the system runs perfectly. I explain that the internet went down about the same time as I started having problems. She said that the program updates automatically and there's a chance I had lost internet at the least favored moment. I restarted McAffee and we're good to go.

2 hours and 15 minutes all told on the phone, 99 dollars to renew my service agreement, and it was just that simple.
Uuuummmmm, no time down, no conflict issues, no time on the phone and no money out of pocket....... Sounds pretty simple to me....... :D

Courtesy of my great nephew who just posted this with the caption that this is an 800# bronze statue in Russia. It is baby angels carrying a large enema syringe bulb. He closes with the comment that you didn't know you needed to see this, but you totally did.

13427_10206750278902012_2833917489613820114_n.jpg

Wow, ran the wife around town (work related..... somewhat.....) then home around 12:30 and crashed out on the bed. Took another one of those long naps that not only is hard to wake up from but leaves me groggy and irritable for hours afterwards. Of course when I woke up the cable box wasn't working, tried rebooting and it would freeze up during reboot. An hour later on the phone with tech support finally got it rebooted and working.
They're sending out a tech on Monday to check all the feeds, the tech on the phone told me he did see some intermittent signal drops which is most likely the cause of all the problems.

Courtesy of my great nephew who just posted this with the caption that this is an 800# bronze statue in Russia. It is baby angels carrying a large enema syringe bulb. He closes with the comment that you didn't know you needed to see this, but you totally did.

13427_10206750278902012_2833917489613820114_n.jpg
Obviously someone was extremely appreciative for access to said "tool".........

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

7553832808_53fab8336e_z.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Just decided to have some ham and crackers, sure enough I open the package of ham and Jasper (our oldest) is right there pawing at my leg, he positively loves ham. On the rare occasions when I have Spam he's right next to me scarfing it down. :lol:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

7553832808_53fab8336e_z.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
That tower is roughly 1.5 miles from Doc's. There's another just like it about 1/4 mile away too.

Good morning all. Hombre is rustling up some breakfast for us and I'm trying to psyche myself into doing a bit of tidying and organizing in advance of the house cleaning crew Monday. Accuweather says the rain will start here in 38 minutes. We'll see how that goes.

Of greater concern is Tuesday--we have 27 folks in Senior Saints scheduled for a fun trolley tour on Tuesday--the trolley has a roof but is pretty open air, no windows, and such and then 30 of us are scheduled for lunch at Hotel Albuquerque immediately after the trolley ride and they plan to put us in the open patio area. And the weather report is for some serious rain that day. Cold and rainy is not what we wanted for that outing.

4548284824_7629c0706f_z.jpg

So we'll see how that goes too.

Hope everybody is having a good Saturday.

Forum List

Back